Would You Attend A Bills Game Without A Covid-19 Vaccine?

Would You Attend A Bills Game Without A Covid-19 Vaccine?  

391 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Attend A Bills Game Without A Covid-19 Vaccine?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe (Depending on developments, seating plan, etc?)

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

Telling the guy who owns the board to go F himself. Bold move cotton

Enjoy your upcoming ban!

Haha, his original post is a work of art. Such a classic conspiracy theory tin foil hat post. It was a pleasure to read. I imagined him typing it from an underground bunker surrounded by AK-47's and homemade molotav cocktails.

• Haha (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

right. if ya think about it, there really isn't much point to this discussion. if there's a threat they aren't allowing those venues to open. It does seem pretty cut and dry at this point.

Maybe, maybe not.  I think it’s possible that a stadium could be open in one state but not in another. Would you attend.? The question was if there wasn’t a vaccine, which there almost certainly won’t. Right now, I could golf in West Virginia but cannot in NYS ( even though I golfed in NYS 4 days ago). so differences could exist. While the OP specifies a Bills game, it could be a Bills game in Arizona , so I think it is a valid and worthwhile discussion. Coronavirus and the threat of it won’t be gone by September, so the question is more aligned with going on with daily life and our willingness to do so. 

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep.  Fought the 'Rona and won, now I have the immunity.  It was an easy fight actually felt like the flu, I am going to attribute that to all the unknown shots the Army gave me for 20 years.  

I know I have given a ton of plasma already

Us military folk are probably immune to almost everything...sure had enough vaccines tested on us... Gah I feel terrible as I was responsible for giving so many immunizations.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Maybe, maybe not.  I think it’s possible that a stadium could be open in one state but not in another. Would you attend.? The question was if there wasn’t a vaccine, which there almost certainly won’t. Right now, I could golf in West Virginia but cannot in NYS ( even though I golfed in NYS 4 days ago). so differences could exist. While the OP specifies a Bills game, it could be a Bills game in Arizona , so I think it is a valid and worthwhile discussion. Coronavirus and the threat of it won’t be gone by September, so the question is more aligned with going on with daily life and our willingness to do so. 

and so my thoughts on page 1 still apply. we need context. yes or no wasn't gonna do it. are there quicker tests available in masses? have the trials for meds through april and may panned out? if so, do those 2 factors change the game and catch medical facilities up to the point where they are out ahead of it and it becomes a minimal threat? who knows? once the option of "maybe" was made available that's how i voted.

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

I've heard that antibodies do not last long for this disease. They have confirmed cases of reinfection.

Yikes. I haven't heard that but admittedly I'm not keeping up with every thing happening.

My sister works in a hospital as a radiation therapist and the stories she has told me from the ICU nurses are scary. I've been trying to be a tough guy about this and still going get groceries and what not, but the more I heard from her the more I'm reluctant to go anywhere in public. We are taking advantage of instacart now and I am tipping well. As far as concerned those folks are putting their lives on the line for me and the least I can do for not only them, but the doctors, nurses and police and fire people is to rock some sweatpants and stop the spread.

The sooner we all do that, the sooner we can get back to a normal world

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

and so my thoughts on page 1 still apply. we need context. yes or no wasn't gonna do it. are there quicker tests available in masses? have the trials for meds through april and may panned out? if so, do those 2 factors change the game and catch medical facilities up to the point where they are out ahead of it and it becomes a minimal threat? who knows? once the option of "maybe" was made available that's how i voted.

Fair enough, but the poll was actually more interesting and revealing as a yes/ no. 

42 minutes ago, BuffaloBill963 said:

This is for our illustrious moderators namely SDS. Censor all you want bro? Big thumbs up. But what you’re doing is allowing other people to pass health info they ‘know nothing about’ as well. Who tf are you to say I know nothing about these topics? A football forum moderator. Congrats. 

You targeted me specifically bc mainstream does not put out the messages I have. Yet mainstream opinions are allowed. Even ones that are not proven true and some that are actually proven to be FALSE by very well credentialed professionals.

So SDS go ***** yourself bro. Be a little keyboard nazi and ban me bc you can’t handle info that isn’t curated by people on tv lmao. By doing what you’re doing you’re depriving people of information that could actually be useful to them. Again good work bud, you should be proud ?

0F6BB94D-4B7A-4EB5-9821-562746A9723D.jpeg

SDS does a great job with this site - a site we enjoy at no cost.  Many thanks to SDS for both hosting this site and keeping false - and dangerous - information off it.

People who don't take the necessary precautions are more likely to contract Covid 19 - and then pass it along to others.   

Btw, I don't get my Covid 19 information from tv - I never watch tv news and don't trust reporters to get science/medical information right.  I get my information from science websites. The folks I trust include some of the world's leading epidemiologists, including: Dr. Fauci, Dr. Birx, Dr. Lipsitch, Prof. Delfraissy, Prof. Cobey, etc., etc.   They agree that Covid 19 is a real global threat to human health.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, BillsVet said:

Did people stop going to sporting events when HIV/AIDS was first recognized?  There's still no vaccine for that and at the time, people didn't know how it was transmitted.

You do realize these are contracted in different ways? I did give up block party orgies, however, so there’s that. Seemed like the thing to do. 

• Haha (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, MJS said:

I've heard that antibodies do not last long for this disease. They have confirmed cases of reinfection.

Ehh, those are likely either false positive or false negative tests. The issue right now is the most commonly used tests are highly inaccurate...up to 30%. There are more accurate tests that have come out since then but they are not in high usage yet.

19 minutes ago, Augie said:

You do realize these are contracted in different ways? I did give up block party orgies, however, so there’s that. Seemed like the thing to do. 

Yes. Except people in the late 70s/early 80s did not know what you and I do now. 

34 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Did people stop going to sporting events when HIV/AIDS was first recognized?  There's still no vaccine for that and at the time, people didn't know how it was transmitted.

Well, seeing that Bills fans have been getting up the *** for so many years, maybe we should have...

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

You may be a broken record on a lot of things, but I dont believe you are this dumb.

36 minutes ago, Augie said:

Didnt know you had lived in Woodstock, GA!

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You may be a broken record on a lot of things, but I dont believe you are this dumb.

Didnt know you had lived in Woodstock, GA!

Hmmmm, I’ve been meaning to visit Woodstock! 

41 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

There is truth to this. Some here are probably too young to know or remember. Early on there was a lot of fear about how one could contract AIDS. Daily life went on before there were vaccines for many things. Ben Carson has stated that about 98% of people who get this Corona v will recover.  It’s an interesting question - would you attend a game?  It’s realistic because it will be most likely be allowed in some areas and not others. 

7 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

This survey suggests that a majority of fans would not attend a game before Covid-19 vaccines are made available to the public. Considering the fact that that seems highly unlikely before this upcoming NFL season, let’s take a poll of Bills fans. Are you in or out this season without a vaccine?

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/29018209/poll-fans-attend-games-vaccine

I would attend a game as long as the curve has been flattened enough that we are not going to overwhelm hospital.  I am not overly worried as I work Int healthcare and see this and much worse on a daily basis.  

The fact is the only reason to social distance is just to slow the infection rate and that is working - the problem was always going to be having to many sick at one time.  

Based on how the common cold hits every year (usually another Coronavirus type) - I do not think a vaccine is going to be as effective as people think - much like how the flu vaccine changes yearly - I think the vaccine will help reduce duration and severity of the illness, but will not be effective at preventing the disease.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1