Rams cut Gurley to Atl 1yr $5M

57 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Its a reach but both of these guys were class of 2012 high school graduates and they are both from Maryland, towns about 40 miles apart. I’m guessing there is a chance they know each other. Gurley went to high school in North Carolina, but spend most of his life in Maryland before his teenaged years. I’m guessing they are friends. A stretch, but it would be cool if Diggs started recruiting guys already. 

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I really think the Rams got rid of him due to his huge contract. I'm not totally sure it was because of his knees. I'm sure that played a part though. I think he's worth a 2 year contract at around 5 to 6 million total. 

Sure, but if he was still a top 2 or 3 back in the league like he was a couple years ago they'd have kept him.

He's a part time player now.  Therefore, he might just work in Buffalo if he's coming cheap.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Its a reach but both of these guys were class of 2012 high school graduates and they are both from Maryland, towns about 40 miles apart. I’m guessing there is a chance they know each other. Gurley went to high school in North Carolina, but spend most of his life in Maryland before his teenaged years. I’m guessing they are friends. A stretch, but it would be cool if Diggs started recruiting guys already. 

LOL they still playin

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Guy still had 14 tds and over 1000 all purpose yards. I’d certainly kick the tires 

I can assure everyone Gurley is not done.  Rams went away form leaning on him, he wanted more touches and was ready.  

McVay didnt even use him in the SB and has regretted ever since.  

His demise is greatly exaggerated by fantasy football people who got burned drafting him as high as they did.  He isnt going to be a bell cow, and shouldn't, but he can be part of a 2 headed monster and be just fine.  His knees aren't shot, they just need to reduce wear to extend his career.  

People also forget Rams OL has been getting worse and McVay has been hyper focused on letting Goff throw a ton.  Gurley was under used, not shot.  

I would take Gurley in a heartbeat.  Him and Singletary would be awesome.  But I’m also not losing sleep if we don’t, I love Devin and love several backs in the draft.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I can assure everyone Gurley is not done.  Rams went away form leaning on him, he wanted more touches and was ready.  

McVay didnt even use him in the SB and has regretted ever since.  

His demise is greatly exaggerated by fantasy football people who got burned drafting him as high as they did.  He isnt going to be a bell cow, and shouldn't, but he can be part of a 2 headed monster and be just fine.  His knees aren't shot, they just need to reduce wear to extend his career.  

People also forget Rams OL has been getting worse and McVay has been hyper focused on letting Goff throw a ton.  Gurley was under used, not shot.  

I would take Gurley in a damn heartbeat.  Him and Singletary would be freaking awesome.

I'm not sure he would sign it but I'd be in with a incentive laden contract....

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He is certainly a talented guy I just worry about the knee

His knee is not so much the issue now as later.  Its more about limiting him to extend his career vs he is gonna go out on any given play and be done.  I think he will be quite fine and dangerous in a 2 headed monster.  

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

His knee is not so much the issue now as later.  Its more about limiting him to extend his career vs he is gonna go out on any given play and be done.  I think he will be quite fine and dangerous in a 2 headed monster.  

How the heck did he get quarantined in the super bowl and it was a big mystery as to why. There is a reason why the rams are cutting him and it’s more than money. I think his knee is toast. 

• Like (+1) 2