The China Problem

LeviF

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2020 at 9:37 AM, LeviF said:

It's well-demonstrated now: people who thought the Cold War was over were idiots.  The USSR fell and the USA propped China up in its place to allow our corporations to exploit cheap labor and proto-capitalist human rights abuses.  PPP hero Reagan possibly the initial guilty party, but blame can be reasonably shared among most fed politicians over the last 35 years.

The recent sins of China re: Wuhan flu/COVID/whatever pale in comparison to previous sins, but they serve as an excellent example of what's wrong with America now.  ChiComs lie and cover up a highly infectious disease outbreak in their country, including destroying tests and samples as early as December (https://nypost.com/2020/02/29/china-officials-knew-of-coronavirus-in-december-ordered-cover-up-report-says/ and https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/chinese-scientists-destroyed-proof-of-virus-in-december-rz055qjnj ).  They allow the virus to spread uncontained for months, all the while continuing to send masses of people out of the country.  All this comes out in America, and the Chinese propaganda machines start rolling about how it's "racist" to call this a Chinese virus (does anybody really think the ChiComs give a damn about racism?).  Media and pols, useful idiots bought and paid for by Beijing, happily parrot this stupid talking point during press conferences about virus response and on social media.  Thankfully, our President refuses to back down on this point.  More on that later.

Once things got out of hand in China, supply chains and production suffered.  Suddenly, our utter dependence on China is brought to light.  From pharmaceuticals to valves and masks, we have given China far too much power over our medical disaster response.  Supply chains and jobs that belong in America to supply America with proper American emergency supplies were long ago moved to China (and other Azn countries) by multinational corporations because of the federal government's "bend over" policy with regard to trade regulations that only served to fill their pockets and the pockets of their friends.  This is the failure of globalism as it exists in America currently; globalism only works when you're in China's place in this scenario, not America's.  ANY multinational corp that comes to Congress asking for taxpayer money during the coming economic crisis should be taken to task over this and given strict conditions involving the moving of these supply chains and jobs back to the USA, with severe penalties for executives that violate these conditions.  I'm not talking fines, I'm talking dragged to the public square with a hood over their head.  Turbo-capitalist boomers need not respond to this section.  "Muh free market" is dumb and you're dumb.  Traitors should be dealt with quickly and severely.

The fight over "Chinese" virus phrasing is a proxy war.  Career politicians and others in the top caste of our society don't want us to call it Chinese because they plan on going right back to the old way: sell our interests and blue collar class to China after collecting a shitload of bailout money courtesy of the American taxpayer.  This is a China problem, and we call it a China problem because we need people to fight to take our jobs and supply chains back from China and ultimately hold China responsible for what has become an barely mitigated disaster.  This is why I want the President to stand his ground on this.  He should remove any "journalist" who continues to ask why he calls it the "Chinese virus" from the press corps immediately, as they are simply mouthpieces for China and do not belong in a privileged position.  American journalists have been banned in China so they can freely gaslight the world and suggest that the great American military is responsible for the virus.  We can't let them.

We need to immediately begin knocking China off their high seat in the economic world.  Tax all remittances to China.  Use the remittances you tax to get a short list of H1-Bs and the like to revoke and deport.  Revoke all student visas of Chinese nationals and immediately deport them.  Refuse to permit any Chinese students to study at American universities in the future.  Continue to restrict imports from China through the use of tariffs. 

China is our enemy.  We should never be at the economic mercy of a foreign power, especially one that is our enemy.  Cripple these bastards.  Enough is enough.  We need American nationalism now.

Elections finance law complaints against an Asian day-spa operator from South Florida who allegedly funneled contributions from Chinese elites, likely including foreign nationals, to a campaign committee backing then-President Donald Trump have quietly been dismissed. The dismissal by the Federal Elections Commission came despite a staff finding that laws likely were broken and that the matter merited the FEC’s full attention. The six-member panel split 3-3, as is its usual practice, on whether to proceed, with Democrats voting yes and Republicans saying no. Four votes are needed for a full investigation to occur. The dismissals were first reported by the Florida Bulldog.

Read more at: https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/investigations/article266420016.html#storylink=cpy

Why are Republicans protecting Trump and his connections to Chinese COMMUNIST elites??? 

Faith based belief Trump is above the law? 

29 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Elections finance law complaints against an Asian day-spa operator from South Florida who allegedly funneled contributions from Chinese elites, likely including foreign nationals, to a campaign committee backing then-President Donald Trump have quietly been dismissed. The dismissal by the Federal Elections Commission came despite a staff finding that laws likely were broken and that the matter merited the FEC’s full attention. The six-member panel split 3-3, as is its usual practice, on whether to proceed, with Democrats voting yes and Republicans saying no. Four votes are needed for a full investigation to occur. The dismissals were first reported by the Florida Bulldog.

Read more at: https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/investigations/article266420016.html#storylink=cpy

Why are Republicans protecting Trump and his connections to Chinese COMMUNIST elites??? 

“As is its usual practice” smdh. 

DC is worse than a swamp. 

27 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Is this serious.

No Branch Covidian is allowed to ask about China. 

Suddenly having concerns about China and their "elites" connections with Trump purely for political nonsense 2 plus years after you were good with them destroying the planet - you can pretty much gtfo with this mess.   

15 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Is this serious.

No Branch Covidian is allowed to ask about China. 

Suddenly having concerns about China and their "elites" connections with Trump purely for political nonsense 2 plus years after you were good with them destroying the planet - you can pretty much gtfo with this mess.   

Of course, have faith in Trump! He may look like a corrupt scum bag, but have faith! 

You guys want a fascist state 

18 minutes ago, LeviF said:

“As is its usual practice” smdh. 

DC is worse than a swamp. 

We have the best government on earth. Keep Trump and China away from it! 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Of course, have faith in Trump! He may look like a corrupt scum bag, but have faith! 

You guys want a fascist state 

Who forced who to get vaccinated from the flu again?  6 feet?

Take your guns?

Censorship?

Using "Corporate America" to carry out the CCP agenda?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Take your guns?

Censorship?

I got vaccinated because I wanted to. My guns are safe. Free speech is not absolute. 

You are very ignorant. 

So if this was a Democratic governor in Florida the mandatory evacuations would be what? Ethnic cleansing or something? 

You are losing 

24 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I got vaccinated because I wanted to. My guns are safe. Free speech is not absolute. 

You are very ignorant. 

So if this was a Democratic governor in Florida the mandatory evacuations would be what? Ethnic cleansing or something? 

You are losing 

Lol this "losing" nonsense again....you guys do live in a fantasy land

glenn-youngkin-guide.jpg

• Agree 1

• 3 months later...
45 minutes ago, B-Man said:

LOOKING WILDLY FOR A DISTRACTION: 

China’s Xi Tells Border Troops To Be ‘Ready For Combat’ Amid Rising Tensions With India.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/01/chinas-xi-tells-border-troops-to-be-ready-for-combat-amid-rising-tensions-with-india/

Welp. Maybe Xi is noticing India is the new China in regard to global manufacturing.

Edited by Chris farley

• 2 weeks later...

What the U.S. can learn from India’s TikTok ban.

A U.S. ban might seem unprecedented — but there’s a major precedent many overlook. In June 2020, TikTok had more than 200 million Indian users (then ByteDance’s largest market outside China) when the Indian government abruptly banned it, citing issues of privacy and national sovereignty. The decision came two weeks after Chinese military aggression in India’s northern border led to a high-octane tussle resulting in the death of at least 20 Indian soldiers. TikTok was one among over 200 Chinese apps that were blocked from operating within the country.

India’s experience with TikTok is particularly important as U.S. policymakers grapple with potential economic and political fallout from a ban. India’s ban really did result in a long-term split from Chinese technology, as some in the U.S. have worried. But otherwise, Indians have largely taken the restrictions in stride — and there’s been no meaningful political effort to overturn them. Some influencers still miss the joys of the TikTok era, but investors and consumers have largely moved on and adapted to alternatives.

“We haven’t faced any downside,” said Anand Lunia, founder of Indian venture capital firm India Quotient and a prominent tech critic. “I don’t think that anybody has really complained about missing TikTok.”

https://restofworld.org/2023/america-india-tiktok-ban/

TikTok isn’t just spyware; it’s cultural malware.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/28/2022 at 12:15 PM, Big Blitz said:

Take your guns?

Censorship?

-I know TONS of people who didn't get vaccinated.  So who was "forced?"

-And for the 1,000th time, it isn't the flu.  You know it isn't the flu.  Everyone knows that, but people spread the BS to try to minimize its effect.  I lost both parents in 13th months to COVID.  The flu typically ranges from 12,000-50,000 deaths per year in the US.  COVID killed 1.1 million in 3 years,  so roughly 367,000 per year in the US.  

-No major gun laws have been passed, even though that has been the major talking point for 20+ years.  it's repeated, year after year, and yet nothing comes of it.  And it'll be repeated year after year again, because people still fall for it.

-Also, both sides of the isle try to "censor" the other side.  Both sides are wrong for doing it, but stop blaming one side while both do the exact same thing.  

-Please enlighten me on the CCP agenda.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, cle23 said:

-I know TONS of people who didn't get vaccinated.  So who was "forced?"

-No major gun laws have been passed, even though that has been the major talking point for 20+ years.  it's repeated, year after year, and yet nothing comes of it.  

The US military was forced.

Regarding gun laws, Biden is claiming to have passed largest gun law in dacades.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

The US military was forced.

Regarding gun laws, Biden is claiming to have passed largest gun law in dacades.

Military was not forced.  It was "take the vaccine, or leave" which could be said for any of the other vaccines requirement the military already has.  Or it could prevent enlistment into the military, as do any of the other vaccines that are currently required.  A job having requirements to work there are normal.  I am not forced to get drug tested, but it is a requirement for me to deal with many of our larger customers at my company.  Many companies/schools/etc have vaccination policies in order to participate.  That's normal.

As for gun laws, sure, they are looking into "gun reform" the same as they have been for decades.  Nothing ever happens.  Did you lose any guns?  Your neighbors?  Your family?

35 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Military was not forced.  It was "take the vaccine, or leave" which could be said for any of the other vaccines requirement the military already has.  Or it could prevent enlistment into the military, as do any of the other vaccines that are currently required.  A job having requirements to work there are normal.  I am not forced to get drug tested, but it is a requirement for me to deal with many of our larger customers at my company.  Many companies/schools/etc have vaccination policies in order to participate.  That's normal.

As for gun laws, sure, they are looking into "gun reform" the same as they have been for decades.  Nothing ever happens.  Did you lose any guns?  Your neighbors?  Your family?

Sure.

That's not "forced."

Get it or lose your career.

If that's not forced, what is?

Get it or get shot?

The other vaccine requirement for the military is an oft used specious argument/

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

Sure.

That's not "forced."

Get it or lose your career.

If that's not forced, what is?

Get it or get shot?

The other vaccine requirement for the military is an oft used specious argument/

Jobs have rules.  Happens all the time.  Are you ok with drug testing? Alcohol testing?  Vaccine requirements that aren't COVID related? 

My largest customer instituted a drug policy 6 years after I began work with them.  The policy essentially states "Follow our rules or get lost. "  Same thing here.  The military is a career, and employers can have rules.  As long as the rules apply equally to everyone. 

11 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Jobs have rules.  Happens all the time.  Are you ok with drug testing? Alcohol testing?  Vaccine requirements that aren't COVID related? 

My largest customer instituted a drug policy 6 years after I began work with them.  The policy essentially states "Follow our rules or get lost. "  Same thing here.  The military is a career, and employers can have rules.  As long as the rules apply equally to everyone. 

None of that is your claim.

You stated that nobody was forced.

That is not true, and I stated so.

My career had random drug testing, alcohol testing, and prohibiting certain activities like the simple purchase of alcohol  while in uniform, so I'm no stranger to this.

What is your definition of "forced," a death sentence; prison?

The fact is that the military forced vaccines until they wisely ended the rule.

Couldn't be more simple.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, sherpa said:

None of that is your claim.

You stated that nobody was forced.

That is not true, and I stated so.

My career had random drug testing, alcohol testing, and prohibiting certain activities like the simple purchase of alcohol  while in uniform, so I'm no stranger to this.

What is your definition of "forced," a death sentence; prison?

The fact is that the military forced vaccines until they wisely ended the rule.

Couldn't be more simple.

Everything comes down to choices.  Do as the employer asks, within reason,  and you have a job there.  If you choose not to follow their rules,  you can choose to be employed somewhere that does not require the vaccine.  I would not agree with a 100% required vaccine. But like schools and a lot of professions, if someone chooses not to get the required vaccinations,  access to those jobs/schools/locations can be restricted. 

Forced is having no other option, or under penalty of physical or psychological harm in my vague definition.  None of those apply here.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, cle23 said:

Everything comes down to choices.  Do as the employer asks, within reason,  and you have a job there.  If you choose not to follow their rules,  you can choose to be employed somewhere that does not require the vaccine.  I would not agree with a 100% required vaccine. But like schools and a lot of professions, if someone chooses not to get the required vaccinations,  access to those jobs/schools/locations can be restricted. 

Forced is having no other option, or under penalty of physical or psychological harm in my vague definition.  None of those apply here.  

Wrong.  If everyone requires it and you can't find a job because they all require it, it's being forced.  Again based on the lie that you're protecting others.  

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Doc said:

Wrong.  If everyone requires it and you can't find a job because they all require it, it's being forced.  Again based on the lie that you're protecting others.  

Again, not everyone is requiring it.  I don't require it in my own business.  Employers can make such rules as long as they are equally applied to all employees, and they are not based on any discriminatory factor.   

And it has been proven that people with the vaccine are less likely to suffer major health problems from contracting COVID.  How much is debatable, but it does help.  And they are less likely to transmit it, though they CAN still transmit it.

"Vaccinated residents with breakthrough infections were significantly less likely to transmit them: 28% versus 36% for those who were unvaccinated. But the likelihood of transmission grew by 6% for every five weeks that passed since someone’s last vaccine shot."  Straight from the CDC website.

Edited by cle23
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, cle23 said:

Again, not everyone is requiring it.  I don't require it in my own business.  Employers can make such rules as long as they are equally applied to all employees, and they are not based on any discriminatory factor.   

And it has been proven that people with the vaccine are less likely to suffer major health problems from contracting COVID.  How much is debatable, but it does help.  And they are less likely to transmit it, though they CAN still transmit it.

"Vaccinated residents with breakthrough infections were significantly less likely to transmit them: 28% versus 36% for those who were unvaccinated. But the likelihood of transmission grew by 6% for every five weeks that passed since someone’s last vaccine shot."  Straight from the CDC website.

Healthcare required it.  The military required it.  Many occupations required it.  This is undeniable.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Doc said:

Healthcare required it.  The military required it.  Many occupations required it.  This is undeniable.

Yes, a lot of places required it.  It is their right to do so.  It is your right to not work there because of it.  Many places require many different things, but for whatever reason this is the straw that breaks the camel's back.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Report: Chinese Investors Own 384,000 Acres of American Land

by Eric Lendrum

A new government report reveals that the total amount of American soil owned by Chinese investors is nearly twice as large as the entirety of New York City. As the New York Post reports, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) revealed in last month’s report on foreign-held land that Chinese buyers currently own at least 384,235 of American land. 

https://amgreatness.com/2023/02/10/report-chinese-investors-own-384000-acres-of-american-land/

• Angry 1

• 2 weeks later...

"Efforts by the ruling Communist Party to raise fertility rates — by permitting all couples to have two children in 2016, then three in 2021..."

"... have struggled to gain traction. The new policy in Sichuan drew widespread attention because it essentially disregards birth limits altogether.... In most parts of China, single mothers are denied the government benefits offered to married couples. Until recently, some provinces had even imposed fines on unmarried women who gave birth. But the baby shortage has prompted provinces like Sichuan to start legally recognizing children born to single mothers, part of a Communist Party push toward more 'inclusive' population policies.... But the obstacles for women... go far beyond compensation.... 'What many women, especially single mothers, lack is not money, but the protection of their rights and the respect of society'...."

From "Desperate for Babies, China Races to Undo an Era of Birth Limits. Is It Too Late? A number of new incentives encouraging people to have children highlight the challenges China faces in trying to boost its declining birthrate" (NYT).

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/26/world/asia/china-birth-rate.html?smid=url-share

On 2/12/2023 at 10:10 AM, B-Man said:

Report: Chinese Investors Own 384,000 Acres of American Land

by Eric Lendrum

A new government report reveals that the total amount of American soil owned by Chinese investors is nearly twice as large as the entirety of New York City. As the New York Post reports, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) revealed in last month’s report on foreign-held land that Chinese buyers currently own at least 384,235 of American land. 

https://amgreatness.com/2023/02/10/report-chinese-investors-own-384000-acres-of-american-land/

This is alarming yet not surprising.  As the US runs a consistent and large trade deficit with China.  Receiving mostly various consumer good in exchange for IOU's converted by their central bank into investments in US Treasury bonds.  

So what do we have of value when they come calling to redeem those piles of IOU's or credits?  Well, land in one of those things. 

A major contributor to the problem is Americans consume way more than they produce.

On 3/19/2020 at 9:48 AM, Tiberius said:

Go Biden! End this Trump disaster, worst, most corrupt president ever. 

We can can follow up on the Russian connections after he is out of office and can no longer stonewall the investigation. 

Well he's been out of office now for 2 years - WHERE'S THE PROOF !! Still nothing but a bunch of full on BS !! 

Now let's focus a much on the China connections with this POTUS all 4 years of his stint & how many millions to figure out his connection . But that won't happen .

Edited by T master
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Chinese Communist Party Demands Employees At Western Firm Show Their Support.

When China began to require Western corporations to establish Chinese Communist Party (CCP) cells, businesses brushed off the move as benign.

For example, when HSBCHBA became the first international financial institution at which workers established a Chinese Communist Party cell in its investment banking venture in China in July, the bank stated that the CCP committee does not influence the direction of the firm and has no formal role in its day-to-day activities. But the CCP may have begun to flex its muscle in other ways. This week, the CCP cell inside the Beijing office of Big Four accounting firm EY demanded that party members wear CCP badges at work in the run-up to China’s annual parliamentary meetings. The presence of CCP cells in Western financial institutions may not mean that communists are managing your money. However, they spell trouble for Western businesses operating in China.

The CCP is a master practitioner of lawfare, or the purposeful use of law to achieve strategic objectives. In a recent legal salvo, the CCP launched several reforms to increase Party influence in the corporate world. In January 2020, a CCP regulation required all Chinese state-owned enterprises (SOEs) to amend their corporate charters to include the Party in their governance structure. SOEs must now appoint a Party secretary to serve as chairman of any corporate board, and establish CCP committees to facilitate Party activities and advance government policy. In September 2020, the General Office of the Central Committee of the CCP released a report asking China’s United Front Work Departments to spread Party ideology and influence in the private sector, including integrating Party leadership into all aspects of corporate governance.

Recently, the China Securities Regulatory Commission began requiring the creation of CCP cells in foreign financial firms as well. Within Chinese corporations, CCP committees serve as labor unions. In some cases, they function as a way to install a party member in a corporation’s executive ranks. The Party’s aim seems to be to ensure that private sector businesses fall under Party influence and will work with it to achieve national goals.

Beijing has figured out a way to start forcing foreign-owned businesses to act as CCP state-owned enterprises. Westerners were fools to believe — or at least pretend to believe — these cells were benign.

Then again, that’s been true about most of how the West has done business in China these last 30 years.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jillgoldenziel/2023/02/27/chinese-communist-party-demands-employees-at-western-firm-show-their-support/?sh=3a7047a73804

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

The China problem is a American made problem ! Americans have become so use to being entitled which in all reality means wanting to get something for nothing or in my way of looking at things LAZY that that has fueled American greed and wanting to make as much as possible even if it puts America in a bad economic situation .

Use to be Americans & those that wanted to become Americans that moved here from another country were willing to work & work hard to get what they want but not so much any more which has fueled a couple of things companies leaving to go to other countries to find cheaper labor & bringing in as many immigrants being legal or not to do the dirty work that true Americans will no longer do .

So the American dream has become the American night mare . Just learn how to work the system & do as little as you possibly can to get as much as you can while doing nothing we see it every day with the welfare laws & reparations & all the at the very least silly laws passed by those that want US citizens to be dependent on the gov't for everything instead of earning things in general .

Which during the pandemic we all have seen how vulnerable America is when it comes to the supply chain stuff . If more of the goods that we use were the way it use to be MADE IN AMERICA there would be more work for all of us & those products that we couldn't get at the beginning of 2020 wouldn't be as hard to get .

But we call this or those in charge call this progress and we go along with it blindly in a lot of ways . Just because it's convenient doesn't mean it's always better .

I bet the likes of Sam Walton has turned over multiple times in his grave but his grandchildren love it because in the American dream it was all given to them & they never had to really work for any of it . 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, T master said:

The China problem is a American made problem ! Americans have become so use to being entitled which in all reality means wanting to get something for nothing or in my way of looking at things LAZY that that has fueled American greed and wanting to make as much as possible even if it puts America in a bad economic situation .

Use to be Americans & those that wanted to become Americans that moved here from another country were willing to work & work hard to get what they want but not so much any more which has fueled a couple of things companies leaving to go to other countries to find cheaper labor & bringing in as many immigrants being legal or not to do the dirty work that true Americans will no longer do .

So the American dream has become the American night mare . Just learn how to work the system & do as little as you possibly can to get as much as you can while doing nothing we see it every day with the welfare laws & reparations & all the at the very least silly laws passed by those that want US citizens to be dependent on the gov't for everything instead of earning things in general .

Which during the pandemic we all have seen how vulnerable America is when it comes to the supply chain stuff . If more of the goods that we use were the way it use to be MADE IN AMERICA there would be more work for all of us & those products that we couldn't get at the beginning of 2020 wouldn't be as hard to get .

But we call this or those in charge call this progress and we go along with it blindly in a lot of ways . Just because it's convenient doesn't mean it's always better .

I bet the likes of Sam Walton has turned over multiple times in his grave but his grandchildren love it because in the American dream it was all given to them & they never had to really work for any of it . 

There seems to be many people working hard right now

https://www.bls.gov/cps/

Edited by redtail hawk

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

There seems to be many people working hard right now

https://www.bls.gov/cps/

Maybe so but how many of them are younger Americans fresh out of school & look at skilled trades being taught to those younger folks it's all but disappeared in the American school system every youngster would rather be in computer programing or sales .

I know people that are in VP roles in companies that can't find young people to start the way 1 personal friend of mine did on the loading dock to eventually become the VP of the company that has now 7 stores because of his work ethic . He has hired some but finds them in the warehouse on their phones looking at or playing video's .

Then when confronted they get a case of the ass because he tells them they are there to work & can look at their phone on their break then they quit & usually stay just long enough to collect another 6 months of unemployment . 

The future as far as young people coming into the work force & being motivated to actually do any kind of physical labor doesn't look very promising but keep the southern border open & America will be covered in that respect . But you won't be able to see that from behind your desk & looking to see what google says about US employment .

Go out on a construction job and see how many are young WHITE Americans the White guy is usually the fat guy in the air conditioned office or truck looking at video's on his phone or computer .

3 minutes ago, T master said:

Maybe so but how many of them are younger Americans fresh out of school & look at skilled trades being taught to those younger folks it's all but disappeared in the American school system every youngster would rather be in computer programing or sales .

I know people that are in VP roles in companies that can't find young people to start the way 1 personal friend of mine did on the loading dock to eventually become the VP of the company that has now 7 stores because of his work ethic . He has hired some but finds them in the warehouse on their phones looking at or playing video's .

Then when confronted they get a case of the ass because he tells them they are there to work & can look at their phone on their break then they quit & usually stay just long enough to collect another 6 months of unemployment . 

The future as far as young people coming into the work force & being motivated to actually do any kind of physical labor doesn't look very promising but keep the southern border open & America will be covered in that respect . But you won't be able to see that from behind your desk & looking to see what google says about US employment .

Go out on a construction job and see how many are young WHITE Americans the White guy is usually the fat guy in the air conditioned office or truck looking at video's on his phone or computer .

Lazy people do and will always exist.  No argument there.  But there are plenty of hardworking people too.  Not all "desk" jobs are a walk in the park

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Lazy people do and will always exist.  No argument there.  But there are plenty of hardworking people too.  Not all "desk" jobs are a walk in the park

Agree but it's getting harder to find the hard workers especially in the physical sense of work as time goes along !  I watched in my time as a full time construction worker & being a top skilled trades person in my position just about every new person was not young, white, or American . 

I also watched the craftsmanship part of what i did go way down because that was not a concern of the company the only concern up until the day i gave my 2 week notice was how many jobs the owner could get done & how many checks he get turned in as fast as he could which jeopardized his over all product .

I was even considered to be put in a foreman position but was told that if i were to be promoted that i couldn't be as picky on others work as i was on my own & because of that they passed over me for another person which IMHO is pretty sad when craftsmanship is held to a second or even third best out look .

And i've seen & heard that in the automotive industry for years because my father & others that i know worked for a major auto company and they were all about how they could not work & still get paid for it which has it's trickle down effects to those peoples children & it shows today more than it ever has in the past .

• Like (+1) 1