The China Problem

LeviF

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-coronavirus-research-block-narrative-documents

China stifles coronavirus research in apparent bid to control narrative, analysts say

By Frank Miles | Fox News

Facebook

Twitter

Flipboard

Comments

Print

Email

China censoring research on COVID-19 origins, deleted page on Wuhan University website suggests

Are the Chinese hiding vital information on the coronavirus origins?

Get all the latest news on coronavirus and more delivered daily to your inbox. Sign up here.

Two websites for leading universities in China seem to have published and then deleted academic research about the origins of the coronavirus, according to a report.

A Message from Quicken Loans (NMLS #3030)

When Your House Becomes Home

Whether it's playing together or getting patched up after playing a little too hard, home is where it happens. When you're ready to get the home of your dreams, we can...

The posts on the websites of Fudan University and the China University of Geosciences (Wuhan) were erased from online caches -- in a possible bid to control the narrative surrounding the pandemic, The Guardian reported.

The Wuhan university appeared to have published and then deleted posts about academic research that China’s ministry of science and technology needed to approve before publication.

Similar apparent censorship turned up in the form of deleted posts originally published on April 9 by the school of information science and technology at Fudan University in Shanghai.

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Trump's transportation secretary's family owns a Chinese shipping company. Ya, Trump is tough on China, lol

Oh, you mean Mitch McConnell's Asian wife's family?

Why are you racist against Asians?

• Like (+1) 2

This is interesting reporting from NPR (they have some audio).

Bloomberg News Killed Investigation, Fired Reporter, Then Sought To Silence His Wife

</snip>

Six years ago, Bloomberg News killed an investigation into the wealth of Communist Party elites in China, fearful of repercussions by the Chinese government. The company successfully silenced the reporters involved. And it sought to keep the spouse of one of the reporters quiet, too.

"They assumed that because I was the wife of their employee, I was the wife," the author and journalist Leta Hong Fincher tells NPR. "I was just an appendage of their employee. I was not a human being."

Fincher is married to the journalist Mike Forsythe, a former Beijing correspondent for Bloomberg News who now works at The New York Times. In 2012, Forsythe was part of a Bloomberg team behind an award-winning investigation into the accumulation of wealth by China's ruling classes.

The Chinese ambassador warned Bloomberg executives against publishing the investigation. But Bloomberg News published the story anyway.
Afterward, Forsythe received what he and Fincher considered death threats relayed through other journalists. He and Fincher moved their family to Hong Kong, believing it to be safer.

Even so, the reporting team pursued the next chapter, focusing on Chinese leaders' ties to the country's richest man, Wang Jianlin. Among those in the reporters' sights: the family of new Chinese President Xi Jinping. The story gained steam throughout 2013.

In emails sent back to Bloomberg's journalists in China seen by Fincher, senior news editors in New York City expressed excitement.

And then: radio silence from headquarters. That story never ran.

"Mike and some of the other reporters and editors who had been working on this story just were asking for answers about ... why was this story killed?" Fincher says.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

State Department leaked cables renew theories on origin of coronavirus

A Chinese laboratory at the center of new theories about how the coronavirus pandemic started was the subject of multiple urgent warnings inside the U.S. State Department two years ago, according to a new report.

U.S. Embassy officials warned in January 2018 about inadequate safety at the Wuhan Institute of Virology lab and passed on information about scientists conducting risky research on coronavirus from bats, The Washington Post reported Tuesday.

Those cables have renewed speculation inside the U.S. government about whether Wuhan-based labs were the source of the novel coronavirus, although no firm connection has been established. The theory, however, has gained traction in recent days.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/state-department-cables-coronavirus-origin-chinese-lab-bats

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

A Chinese laboratory at the center of new theories about how the coronavirus pandemic started was the subject of multiple urgent warnings inside the U.S. State Department two years ago, according to a new report.

U.S. Embassy officials warned in January 2018 about inadequate safety at the Wuhan Institute of Virology lab and passed on information about scientists conducting risky research on coronavirus from bats, The Washington Post reported Tuesday.

Those cables have renewed speculation inside the U.S. government about whether Wuhan-based labs were the source of the novel coronavirus, although no firm connection has been established. The theory, however, has gained traction in recent days.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/state-department-cables-coronavirus-origin-chinese-lab-bats

It's truly an odd coincidence that out of hundreds of large Chinese cities, the viral outbreak developed in the city where China has its most prominent virology research lab. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

There is a rumor that WaPo sat (is sitting) on a story confirming that the Wuhan Virus was indeed manufactured in the lab, and then escaped via an animal sale in the local wet market ... you know, the original story people heard that was quickly put down to a "conspiracy theory." ?‍♂️ Wouldn't shock me to find out that rumor is true. In light of this story today, I wonder if we will see that rumored story in the future? Assuming it exists, of course.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

There is a rumor that WaPo sat (is sitting) on a story confirming that the Wuhan Virus was indeed manufactured in the lab, and then escaped via an animal sale in the local wet market ... you know, the original story people heard that was quickly put down to a "conspiracy theory." ?‍♂️ Wouldn't shock me to find out that rumor is true. In light of this story today, I wonder if we will see that rumored story in the future? Assuming it exists, of course.

Agree with you Gal. Made a mistake earlier on a part posting if worked on a bat in a lab (possibly). Just reacting to CD147 receptor. After researching more scares me.  Even legit people like medcram talking about it now. Posted a youtube video. 

https://www.medcram.com/

1oLoCfodSKaX5aaPQ5t3_Best%20medical%20le

Physicians

Over 25,000 physicians utilize MedCram to learn and review concepts with lasting clarity. Enjoy an ideal balance of relevant pathophysiology, clinical pearls, and exam prep (USMLE, Boards). A few of the most popular courses for physicians:

There youtube video today 

Good video but I think maybe too early to say to know on CD147. Infects lots of cells among other things. But people going to study it more and more. Know it better I think here forward. Still little early in the process to know.

But anyway's glad what President Trump did today did to WHO. 

Sorry going off topic a little bit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

*ahem*

they are only theories until they are proven true.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

AP News jumping on board

China didn’t warn public of likely pandemic for 6 key days

Six days.

That delay from Jan. 14 to Jan. 20 was neither the first mistake made by Chinese officials at all levels in confronting the outbreak, nor the longest lag, as governments around the world have dragged their feet for weeks and even months in addressing the virus.

But the delay by the first country to face the new coronavirus came at a critical time — the beginning of the outbreak. China’s attempt to walk a line between alerting the public and avoiding panic set the stage for a pandemic that has infected almost 2 million people and taken more than 126,000 lives.

• Thank you (+1) 1

China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!

17 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!

…….January 24?...….digging rather deep aren't you?...….yet expected...SMH...………..

27 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

"When you were asked, what's the biggest geopolitical threat facing America, you said 'Russia.' Not Al-Qaeda; you said Russia.  And, the 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back, because, the Cold War's been over for 20 years."

1 minute ago, Doc said:

"When you were asked, what's the biggest geopolitical threat facing America, you said 'Russia.' Not Al-Qaeda; you said Russia.  And, the 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back, because, the Cold War's been over for 20 years."

Ya? So? 

5 hours ago, Foxx said:

*ahem*

they are only theories until they are proven true.

Then they become "right wing talking points" that are used to pounce, without evidence, even though they've been thoroughly debunked by unnamed sources citing unnamed methods.

Edited by Koko78
  • Haha (+1) 1

On February 13, Trump was asked by Fox News' Geraldo Rivera if he thought China was being truthful about coronavirus. The President called China "extremely capable" and professional in handling the outbreak.
"Well, you never know. I think they want to put the best face on it. So you know, I mean, if somebody -- if you were running it, you'd probably -- you wouldn't want to run out to the world and go crazy and start saying whatever it is because you don't want to create a panic," he said. "But, no, I think they've handled it professionally and I think they're extremely capable and I think President Xi is extremely capable and I hope that it's going to be resolved."
The next day, while speaking to National Border Patrol Council members, Trump said China was "working very hard on this."

31 minutes ago, Tiberius said:
On February 13, Trump was asked by Fox News' Geraldo Rivera if he thought China was being truthful about coronavirus. The President called China "extremely capable" and professional in handling the outbreak.
"Well, you never know. I think they want to put the best face on it. So you know, I mean, if somebody -- if you were running it, you'd probably -- you wouldn't want to run out to the world and go crazy and start saying whatever it is because you don't want to create a panic," he said. "But, no, I think they've handled it professionally and I think they're extremely capable and I think President Xi is extremely capable and I hope that it's going to be resolved."
The next day, while speaking to National Border Patrol Council members, Trump said China was "working very hard on this."

Do you have a point?

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

This is embarrassing for Trump mainly because it means he trusted the Chinese and WHO without verifying it further. Of course the WHO is the organization that suppose to verify these things and instead lied and covered it up for China. 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

.....because if he came onto social media and called him names and was nasty then you douche nozzles

would come onto social media and whine that he was unprofessional and mean to other world leaders.

Edited by Albwan

4 hours ago, Albwan said:

.....because if he came onto social media and called him names and was nasty then you douche nozzles

would come onto social media and whine that he was unprofessional and mean to other world leaders.

Trump’s such a loser. 

6 hours ago, Albwan said:

Not to mention starting WW VII.