The China Problem

LeviF

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Now THIS is some bull####. 

Of course the WHO did exactly that from the start, they politicized this on behalf of the CCP. 

***** the UN, ***** the WHO, and ***** the CCP.

What the hell does that mean? 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It means he knows he ***** up and is on borrowed time, and is deflecting like the corrupt POS he is.

I get what he's feeling, but to say "want more body bags"? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Now THIS is some bull####. 

Of course the WHO did exactly that from the start, they politicized this on behalf of the CCP. 

***** the UN, ***** the WHO, and ***** the CCP.

NOW that SOB doesn't believe in "politicizing this at the national level" because it could lead to body bags?  Wtf was that concern in January?  (Will throw him a bone and give him a pass on buying China's manure in December.  There was no obvious reason to say for certain he should've known better then.  But he is culpable from mid-January onward.)  It could have saved thousands of lives and $T's if he'd've done his ####ing job and not played politics at the national level.

#### him and the horse he rode in on.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

UNEXPECTEDLY

Report: American Companies Are Leaving China.

All China’s Lies. “A roundup on what China is lying about today.”

I disagree, Cotton. It SHOULD mean a wholesale abandonment of China. Give them the Iran treatment.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I get what he's feeling, but to say "want more body bags"? 

Sounds dire and he keeps his job?

China will unleash more viruses?

China's holding a gun (real or economically) to his head?

He's simply China's lackey?

• Like (+1) 3

World Health Organization ‘China centric’ leader launches bizarre attack on Taiwan.

The leader of the World Health Organization has gone on a bizarre rant attacking Taiwan while claiming to be the victim of racist comments and death threats.

WHO general manager Tedros Adhanom was responding to calls he should resign for failing to condemn China’s role in covering up the coronavirus crisis which has since killed more than 87,000 people.

“This (racial) attack came from Taiwan,” he said.

“We need to be honest. I will be straight today. From Taiwan.

“And Taiwan, the Foreign Ministry also, they know the campaign. They didn’t disassociate themselves. They even started criticizing me in the middle of all that insult and slur, but I didn’t care.”

Sky News Australia revealed yesterday Mr Adhanon was blocking the release of the names of doctors who voted against declaring a global health emergency in late January, resulting in tens of thousands of deaths.

Two days prior to that decision Mr Adhanom was photographed happily smiling with Chinese dictator Xi Jinping.

China was at that stage lobbying the world, Including Australia, not to implement economically devastating travel bans.

US President Donald Trump has also threatened to withdraw funding from the WHO and formally investigate the body he described as being “China centric”.

That’s polite. “Chinese tool” is accurate. But, you know, those don’t hold up well under hard use. And complaints of racism are a tired defense of commies and incompetents.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/8/2020 at 12:13 AM, B-Man said:

USA TODAY COLUMN: Time to put China on lockdown for its dishonesty amid coronavirus crisis. 

“China’s response was inept, dishonest and utterly inconsiderate of the world. We need to teach the Chinese government a lesson.”

UPDATE from the author Glenn Reynolds:

This piece has only been up for a little while and my work email is getting a steady stream of suspiciously-similar emails defending the Chinese government. I’m not going to respond, of course, but if I did I’d send Tim Blair’s response.

I never thought I'd see a Tim Blair piece on TBD and referenced by USA Today - but I am glad I did. A very witty conservative is our Tim.

FYI, and to put Tim's piece in context - Sir Donald Bradman is the greatest batter in the history of cricket - Australia's Babe Ruth if you will.

A brilliant response to the Chinese communists IMO.

• Thank you (+1) 5

10 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

I never thought I'd see a Tim Blair piece on TBD and referenced by USA Today - but I am glad I did. A very witty conservative is our Tim.

FYI, and to put Tim's piece in context - Sir Donald Bradman is the greatest batter in the history of cricket - Australia's Babe Ruth if you will.

A brilliant response to the Chinese communists IMO.

From that link:

As Smith writes: “Beijing denied until Jan. 20 that human to human transmission was occurring. Yet at the same time, Chinese officials and state-owned companies were urgently acquiring bulk medical supplies — especially personal protective equipment like masks and gloves — from AustraliaEurope, and around the world. Put simply, Beijing hoarded the world’s life-saving resources while falsely claiming that people’s lives weren’t at risk.”

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

There is also a video at the link of her saying the same thing. She also mentions in the video "bringing it back home."

US DoD Declares "Can No Longer Do Business" With Contractors Using Dahua, Hikvision, Huawei

</snip>

On March 26, speaking at virtual conference GovCon, the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) for DoD Acquisitions, Katie Arrington, stated:

... in August of 2020, if any of our contractors in the Department of Defense or our industrial base have Huawei, ZTE, or Hikvision video surveillance cameras, or telecoms, we can no longer do business.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1