Bills Sign Mario Addison on a 3 year deal

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Roughly double Shaq Lawson's sack numbers while still being a excellent run defender.  And consistant in those sack numbers.

He's consistent but not an elite pass rusher. He'll replace Shaq but I wanted more than that added to the edge.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He's consistent but not an elite pass rusher. He'll replace Shaq but I wanted more than that added to the edge.

Last I knew free agency hasn’t even started yet.

I would have preferred Shaq on a 5th year guarantee. I also would have preferred bringing Shaq back but I'm sure the way this staff treated him , he couldn't wait to move on  

All that said, I like this move.  Consistent production at a reasonable rate.  He replaces Shaq in my mind. The 2nd round pick will replace Murphy.

Solid B+ move

1 hour ago, Gambit said:

I'd love to still sign Quinn and cut Murphy.

I believe they'd save more against the cap by keeping him this year and releasing him next year. Something like $8M, I think. I don't have the numbers but one of the junior capologists on the board probably knows for sure.

1 hour ago, DJB said:

Beane has said he does anyways. 

Personally would love to see a RB. Dobbins please!

Would much rather have Taylor. JMO.

9 minutes ago, Wagon Circler said:

Can we make Beans a senior advisor to Botteril?

Or can Beane just, you know, fire Botterill? ?

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

I believe they'd save more against the cap by keeping him this year and releasing him next year. Something like $8M, I think. I don't have the numbers but one of the junior capologists on the board probably knows for sure.

Murphy is a Free Agent after this season.  He is on a 3 year, 21 million deal

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He knows how to finish plays. He gets after the QB but in terms of the type of pass rusher that I'm talking about he's not that guy. We need that elite edge athlete. 

I agree. His tackles,pressure rate, tackles for loss, knockdowns and hurries are not in the same company as his sack totals. #20 in sacks, #50 total pressures, #65 in hurries, #138 QB hits.

There must be a reason that pff had him as their #70 out of 95 edge defenders last year, lower than Murphy Hughes and Lawson (even if pff sucks, as a lot seem to think, they can't be that far off). Maybe he could be more of a situational pass rusher sack artist, but he is not an all around stud at the position. Even the chart of top sack totals for last four years shows his lack of tackles compared to the others. 

But once again, McBeane know him a lot better cause they coached him a few years ago.

Welcome to the Bills, I hope you are a lot better than pff thinks you are.

4 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I agree. His tackles,pressure rate, tackles for loss, knockdowns and hurries are not in the same company as his sack totals. #20 in sacks, #50 total pressures, #65 in hurries, #138 QB hits.

There must be a reason that pff had him as their #70 out of 95 edge defenders last year, lower than Murphy Hughes and Lawson (even if pff sucks, as a lot seem to think, they can't be that far off). Maybe he could be more of a situational pass rusher sack artist, but he is not an all around stud at the position. Even the chart of top sack totals for last four years shows his lack of tackles compared to the others. 

But once again, McBeane know him a lot better cause they coached him a few years ago.

Welcome to the Bills, I hope you are a lot better than pff thinks you are.

Yes they can.