Conklin to Browns 3ys $42m

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Where, exactly, are the Browns getting all this money to bring in Beckham and Landry, then add Hooper and Conklin this year?  

They have to be up against the cap at this point, no?

They’ve been clearing cap space. 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Where, exactly, are the Browns getting all this money to bring in Beckham and Landry, then add Hooper and Conklin this year?  

They have to be up against the cap at this point, no?

2 minutes ago, stuvian said:

big spenders 

Give them credit, they're making moves and filling needs with quality player acquisitions. Besides, it's not like the Bills are in the market for a starting TE and RT, right? 

^^^

(sarcasm)

• Like (+1) 1

To me this all feels like the Browns are becoming the Redskins......trying to biuld a team through free agency.

Last year supremely overhyped.....and will be again

2 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

I'm starting to get nervous are we going to sign anybody we have all this money what are we doing?

See last year.....and relax

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

I'm starting to get nervous are we going to sign anybody we have all this money what are we doing?

It’s far more often than not a poor idea to get caught up in free agent frenzy. The overbidding causes poor contracts. For every free agency signing that works out, a disproportionate amount do not. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Seems like they have about 8 big name players and nothing else. 

The Browns have some real talent, not just named.  They still have big holes at LB (2), S (2) and LT.  They also need a quality nickel CB and depth along the DL.  That seems very possible at this point.  It’s no guarantee of success of course.  Coaching has to be good, players have to buy in and mesh, etc.  There is real potential there though. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Just because you have alot of money does not mean you spend it all on free agents, Beane has preached keeping our own.

look what the colts did last off season 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Beane said he didn’t plan on going big game hunting. So I’m not really expecting them to throw around big money. I’m expecting more mid tier and depth signings.

or maybe a surprise trade. 

I obviously want to see Bills signings like everyone else, but I doubt they are going to burn though all the cap space they just went though all that pain (in 2018) to acquire. 

I expect the big money to go to Tre and other players the Bills drafted. (though I wouldn’t be surprised to see them go after Clowney with the past rumored interest).