Front Office Poll of WR Prospect Tiers (ESPN Insider)

DCOrange

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2020/insider/story/_/id/28807973/wide-receiver-tiers-2020-nfl-draft-scouts-help-us-rank-loaded-class

ESPN put out an article where they polled scouts, pro personnel guys, GMs, coaches, etc. to rank WRs into tiers for the draft. Happy to give the low down on specific guys as requested, but here's the tiers and where they think these guys line up best (names are listed in order of ranking within each tier).

Tier 1 - Top 10 picks

• Jerry Jeudy - best in the slot but can play outside

Tier 2 - Top 15 picks

• CeeDee Lamb - can line up anywhere

Tier 3 - Top 40 picks

• Henry Ruggs - profile suggests he can play in the slot, will need to work on releases against press
  • Justin Jefferson - will likely start in the slot but can play outside
  • Tee Higgins - best outside but has some experience in the slot
  • Michael Pittman Jr. - purely outside
  • Laviska Shenault - anywhere
  • Denzel Mims - purely outside

Tier 4 - Top 100 picks

• Brandon Aiyuk - best outside
  • KJ Hamler - purely slot
  • Jalen Reagor - best in the slot
  • Van Jefferson - best in the slot but can play outside
  • Devin Duverney - purely slot
  • Quintez Cephus - probably outside, but may need to be motioned around to help him create separation
  • Chase Claypool - purely outside
  • KJ Hill - can play in the slot or outside
  • Donovan Peoples-Jones - probably start in the slot with potential to move outside

• Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Lets double down... Justin Jefferson and Chase Claypool.

Josh Brown, Cole Beasley, Justin Jefferson, Chase Claypool, Dawson Knox, Devin Singletary and a 4-5 round RB.  

If Josh cant do it with these weapons then we will know.  But man that is a lot of weapons to have fun with.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Mr Wild said:

Josh Brown, Cole Beasley, Justin Jefferson, Chase Claypool, Dawson Knox, Devin Singletary and a 4-5 round RB.  

If Josh cant do it with these weapons then we will know.  But man that is a lot of weapons to have fun with.

True.  But still need an upgrade at O-Line to protect Josh.  No point in having all these weapons if he doesn't have the time to get them the ball.

Just now, Circlethewagon8404 said:

True.  But still need an upgrade at O-Line to protect Josh.  No point in having all these weapons if he doesn't have the time to get them the ball.

OL, DL i would take care of in Free agency

• Like (+1) 2

My personal takeaways:

• A little surprised to see Ruggs in Tier 3, though there's a lot of space between Tier 2 and 3 so maybe he's comfortably ahead of the other Tier 3 guys
  • A little surprised to see Pittman in Tier 3 just because it's felt like everyone has been sleeping on him
  • Surprised that Cephus is ahead of Claypool, Hill, and DPJ after the Combine he had. A 4.73 40 is pretty much undraftable for me.
  • No Bryan Edwards surprises me (he gets a shoutout in the "best of the rest" section but that's it)
  • I wonder if there's much separation between Aiyuk/Hamler/Reagor and the rest of Tier 4. Feels like there should be.
  • Like (+1) 1

So these guys do everything in their power to make sure no one knows what they think about players, and cause a ton of smoke around players they dont want but we all expect they tell the truth when anonymous?

I dont think so.   Even under anonymity none of these guys want press out there about what guys they think will go where. 

• Like (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

I'd be happy with this.  But i'm shooting for Laviska.  He seems like a guy who wants to come here and would be the best fit for him.

I like Viska, but his injury concern is bothersome. His value has dropped and I would like him in the second now, not in the first. 

• Like (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

I'd be happy with this.  But i'm shooting for Laviska.  He seems like a guy who wants to come here and would be the best fit for him.

Why do we think that he wants to come here? That feels like a bit of a reach. I mean the Bills are probably near the top of his range so he’d make more in theory I guess? 

I am really hoping the Bills come out of the draft with 2 of the guys on this list.  So much talent.  Now's the time to double down and try and solidify the WR position for years to come.  If it's me, I'm taking a WR with 2 of my first 3 or 4 picks depending on how things fall and am really happy with things. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Why do we think that he wants to come here? That feels like a bit of a reach. I mean the Bills are probably near the top of his range so he’d make more in theory I guess? 

He said something about Allen being a dog and that he'd love to play for a QB with that kind of fight in him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

There are some good options in FA.  Highly unlikely that a rookie is going to come in and make a big difference on the O-line, especially at tackle.

2 hours ago, Mr Wild said:

Who is "Josh Brown?"

• Haha (+1) 1