Front Office Poll of WR Prospect Tiers (ESPN Insider)

DCOrange

21 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Tier 3 - Top 40 picks

• Henry Ruggs - profile suggests he can play in the slot, will need to work on releases against press
  • Justin Jefferson - will likely start in the slot but can play outside
  • Tee Higgins - best outside but has some experience in the slot
  • Michael Pittman Jr. - purely outside
  • Laviska Shenault - anywhere
  • Denzel Mims - purely outside

Tier 4 - Top 100 picks

• Brandon Aiyuk - best outside
  • KJ Hamler - purely slot
  • Jalen Reagor - best in the slot
  • Van Jefferson - best in the slot but can play outside
  • Devin Duverney - purely slot
  • Quintez Cephus - probably outside, but may need to be motioned around to help him create separation
  • Chase Claypool - purely outside
  • KJ Hill - can play in the slot or outside
  • Donovan Peoples-Jones - probably start in the slot with potential to move outside

If board played out like this, I would trade out of 1st round(receiving bevy of top 100 picks of course), draft Ruggs and 2 other WRs(Aiyuk and Claypool?)

Damn- Smoky, Beasley, Ruggs, Aiyuk, Claypool-our offense could be amazing!   (and we still have 5-9 more picks, and $80 million in cap!)

Edited by Pete

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

In 1985, the Bills used 2nd round pick(42) on WR Chris Burkett, and 4th round pick(86) on Andre Reed.  Also a 5th on WR Jimmy Teal.

I wouldn't mind spending a 2, 4, and 5 on WR

Save the 2nd and 5th for other positions and just get someone as good as Andre Reed in the 4th.  That's the solution.

Looks like the most viable path to Lamb would be Cleveland at 10.  The draft trade chart has 10 as an exact value match to 22, 54 & 86.  Honestly, I pull the trigger on that if I am the Bills, but not if I’m the Browns.  Seems like too steep of a talent drop off from 10 to 22 unless I know I can get back up reasonably.  Still, if I’m the Browns I would try to get 22, 54 and next years 2nd at least. 

Its going to be tricky with assessing the values. I'm sure every team will have different boards, but feels like some of these guys might be a little too high for 22, but some have little chance of lasting until 51.

While most have discussed moving up in round one, I would love to see Beane find a way to have an extra second rounder. Possibly double dip at WR in the second.

e.g. draft Gross-Matos in the first, and grab Aiyuk and Mims in the second. I know, pipe dream, but isnt that what the internet is for?

20 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Looks like the most viable path to Lamb would be Cleveland at 10.  The draft trade chart has 10 as an exact value match to 22, 54 & 86.  Honestly, I pull the trigger on that if I am the Bills, but not if I’m the Browns.  Seems like too steep of a talent drop off from 10 to 22 unless I know I can get back up reasonably.  Still, if I’m the Browns I would try to get 22, 54 and next years 2nd at least. 

So use all our premium picks to move up for a WR in the deepest WR draft in memory?  Hard pass.  

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

So use all our premium picks to move up for a WR in the deepest WR draft in memory?  Hard pass.  

This team needs difference makers - especially on offense.  We have plenty of cap space to fill needs with good players in free agency.  Doing that alone probably gets us back to the playoffs and maybe even a win in the WC round.  It won’t get us a championship though.  If that’s the goal then give me some elite talent. 

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

This team needs difference makers - especially on offense.  We have plenty of cap space to fill needs with good players in free agency.  Doing that alone probably gets us back to the playoffs and maybe even a win in the WC round.  It won’t get us a championship though.  If that’s the goal then give me some elite talent. 

I would rather double up on an Elite class, than spend all my draft capital on 1. Especially when history shows us, that it's not uncommon for day 2 guys, to outperform day 1guys.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

Look, reportedly there are 20 or more WRs in this draft who have a third-round grade or better.  No one--not you, not Brandon Beane, not Bill Belichick--knows which of these guys are going to be true difference-makers in the NFL, especially when we're trying to make distinctions among the top 5 or 6 guys.  The best way to find a "difference maker" is to take two or three of them with your premium picks rather than rolling the dice on one guy.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s cool to see but why would any NFL front office person want this to get out?  What purpose would it serve?  I bet NE didn’t even respond to the questionnaire. 

Writers can always find someone in any organization that will give them answers because the writer will return the favor. It's obviously possible that some guys might try to manipulate it, but these types of articles come out every year and then the actual results basically match.

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

Writers can always find someone in any organization that will give them answers because the writer will return the favor. It's obviously possible that some guys might try to manipulate it, but these types of articles come out every year and then the actual results basically match.

It’s just serves no advantage.  I wish whoever from the Bills was asked completely made up their board to confuse other teams.  Less is more at draft time. 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s just serves no advantage.  I wish whoever from the Bills was asked completely made up their board to confuse other teams.  Less is more at draft time. 

It does though due to what I just mentioned. They get favors in return later on. That's how media works.

Edited by DCOrange