Bills sign Josh Norman

I know he didn’t do well in Washington, but I believe Washington was a man coverage team, and it is a 1 year prove it deal for around $6 mil.  He did do well in Carolina under McD in a zone coverage scheme.  Given this is a low risk deal and we already have White, Poyer, Hyde, and now Norman, could be good.  Now, I wonder if they sign Kevin Johnson which I hope they do, will Wallace stick around?

Thoughts by my TBD colleagues?

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, ExWNYer said:

Did any of you who like this watch him last year? He was awful.

I'll reserve judgement until I see him back under McDermott and this scheme.

There's a good chance he can still be very effective, and clearly this coaching staff believes it with the signing.

• Like (+1) 12

guy has been healthy for his career so we're not signing a guy who we pray will be healthy next year. we have a lot more talent on our d and better coaching and scheme fitted for him. this could be a very nice signing. 

• Like (+1) 10

3 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Did any of you who like this watch him last year? He was awful.

i'm not saying he is going to come to Buffalo and have it be 2015 all over again, but it is pretty widely known that moving to a man to man system was the biggest factor in his drop off. he isn't going to be asked to do that any more. low risk move IMO. 

• Like (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I know he didn’t do well in Washington, but I believe Washington was a man coverage team, and it is a 1 year prove it deal for around $6 mil.  He did do well in Carolina under McD in a zone coverage scheme.  Given this is a low risk deal and we already have White, Poyer, Hyde, and now Norman, could be good.  Now, I wonder if they sign Kevin Johnson which I hope they do, will Wallace stick around?

Thoughts by my TBD colleagues?

Wallace will cost the Bills virtually 0 to bring back as a ERFA. He will be a Bill this year.  

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, BeastMaster said:

I'll reserve judgement until I see him back under McDermott and this scheme.

There's a good chance he can still be very effective, and clearly this coaching staff believes it with the signing.

Fair enough. Just don't get your hopes up for Norman or you will be sorely disappointed. I'm not questioning McDermott's defensive prowess but he's not a miracle worker. That's an expensive signing just to get a vet in the DB room. Color me extremely skeptical on this one.

• Like (+1) 2