Chase Claypool- I know you want to talk about him

NewEra

Love ND and he's a specimen for sure.

For a big guy he doenst have the best release and can be pushed to the boundary.. also doesn't have the best balance out of some routes

But he has a massive catch radius and is very good at working back toward the ball and has became a great contested catcher outside the numbers

Can play big slot but needs refinement in getting in and out of breaks

The tight end talk started at the combine in February after he put on 10 pounds in a month. He’s was up to 238lbs when they weighed him there, from 229 at Senior Bowl.

(for reference: DK Metcalf is the same height and listed at 229.)

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

I like him him, but not sure of wanting him in the 2nd--I would much prefer a RB (if one of the top fie are still there).

Do you think we would be available in the 3rd?

I don't think he will be available in the 3rd for us, he is one of 58 prospects invited to attend the draft virtually so I'm thinking there is significant interest in him around the league.

I wouldn't want him in the 2nd either, he shot so far up the rankings because of his combine but I don't think his game speed is represented by his 40 time - for example his 40 was better than Brandon Aiyuk's but Aiyuk looks so much faster on the field. He also didn't do much until his senior year which is concerning.

I’d be ok with Claypool, or any big catch radius WR in the 2nd.  

Diggs-Brown-Beasley with Knox is a Top 10 group of pass catchers in this league, but we could surround Josh Allen with an elite group by selecting someone who provides the “big body” element. 

4 wide with Diggs-Brown-Beasley-Claypool(?) would be absurd, especially with teams having to account for Allen running. 

That would likely leave McKenzie, Duke and Foster fighting for 1 or 2 spots, with Roberts as KR/PR. 

There will be playmaking RBs available in Rounds 3 and 4.  

I also wouldn’t be surprised to see us move up in one of those rounds based on Beane’s comments yesterday and the low probability of our late round picks making the team.  

Hea not as heavy as his listed combine weight.

Cole Kmet apparently said that Claypool was drinking gallon after gallon of water before his way in. 

I've studied him enough that hes better suited as a WR. 

If a team tries to make him a TE he has a very long way to go in many ways. 

32 minutes ago, DJB said:

Hea not as heavy as his listed combine weight.

Cole Kmet apparently said that Claypool was drinking gallon after gallon of water before his way in. 

I've studied him enough that hes better suited as a WR. 

If a team tries to make him a TE he has a very long way to go in many ways. 

Agree with this.  TE is on its own, one of the toughest positions to transition from college to the pros.  The other...  WR.  I think a “move” role is the right way to go out of the gate, but a straight transition to TE  has a better chance of ruining him as a prospect in either, in my opinion.  

17 minutes ago, DFT said:

Agree with this.  TE is on its own, one of the toughest positions to transition from college to the pros.  The other...  WR.  I think a “move” role is the right way to go out of the gate, but a straight transition to TE  has a better chance of ruining him as a prospect in either, in my opinion.  

Absolutely. Don't give him a position, use him as a weapon. 

The new NFL is all about mismatches and he's a walking mismatch especially with Smokey and Diggs stretching teams vertically. 

I'll be happy with any of the big WRs but because of his upside, Claypool is the guy I WANT. (For the record, I was screaming at the top of my lungs for DK last year, that one turned out okay...) :)

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, glazeduck said:

Absolutely. Don't give him a position, use him as a weapon. 

The new NFL is all about mismatches and he's a walking mismatch especially with Smokey and Diggs stretching teams vertically. 

I'll be happy with any of the big WRs but because of his upside, Claypool is the guy I WANT. (For the record, I was screaming at the top of my lungs for DK last year, that one turned out okay...) :)

Im definitely hoping we draft him in the 3rd or 4th round. 

I just knew we traded up for DK last year.

I was sad it was for Ford instead.

Edited by ChattanoogaBills

18 minutes ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

He won't be there in the 3rd or 4th rd. May not even be there at 54. [edited draft pick brain fart]

Edited by glazeduck
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

I’d be shocked if lasts until the 3rd.  But I can’t believe some people think our receivers are good enough.  We have Smurfs and one injury, it’s not great. 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Claypool ?!!!

and such easy Deadpool marketing too (patent pending!).  Of course since I like him, it’s guaranteed they won’t take him.  ?

Mina Kimes tweeted "Primus Time" a few weeks back and it made me love her even more...

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

He won't be there in the 3rd or 4th rd. May not even be there at 56.

How about 54?

3 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Mina Kimes tweeted "Primus Time" a few weeks back and it made me love her even more...

Primus sucks.