Buffalo Bills going to let DT Jordan Phillips test free agency, per report

HOUSE

23 hours ago, Moulds 808080 said:

If any one has been at a game a saw him in action they would be as bummed as I am if we are truly letting him walk. The guy is the biggest cheerleader getting crowd going!!!

I was fortunate to go to Houston and Miami games on the road  and he constantly is spinning towel in air and pump fisting. I totally agree with Chandler#81. 

Getting the crowd up can't translate to a top-5 DT contract....The Bills are being disciplined with how they want to spend their money

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Getting the crowd up can't translate to a top-5 DT contract....The Bills are being disciplined with how they want to spend their money

..if I remember correctly, the Beane quote (paraphrased) was, " we establish a value for a player and that's it"........

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Most teams will use film, not stats, to determine a large contract to be doled our in FA but there’s always the Jets 

Don't forget the Raiders.  And all it takes is just one...

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's bluster.  Both know no one is interested in paying him that much.  That plus the fact that the Bills would let him walk lets other bidders know they don't have to come close to top 3 money to sign him.

Yup, bluster.  Gotta drum up the interest using the "he's a 341# DT who can get almost 10 sacks."  But hopefully he did overplay his hand and the Bills can get him back for a reasonable deal.

1 hour ago, 17islongenough said:

Can anyone translate his Instagram?

"They done gave ya boy a chance an now the youngin finna blow it's a shame finna put the game in figure four " 

It's with a picture of him pumping up the Bills crowd

It means later boys.   I gotta chase this money.  9.5 sacks will get you paid.   

He did very well in his rotation and I wish him luck, hopefully he comes back to Buffalo on a reasonable contract. He reminds me of Zack Brown in how he acts that his good numbers will translate into pay when most see him as a cog of a machine, effective but can be replaced 

"They done gave ya boy a chance an now the youngin finna blow it's a shame finna put the game in figure four " 

40 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

It means later boys.   I gotta chase this money.  9.5 sacks will get you paid.   

Thug Motivation you uncultured swine.

Finna is gonna in slang 

And figure 4 is Rick Flair's leg lock

Add 2+2

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wow that still makes no sense even after translation ?

Hahahah

I think you gotta break it down like this... After all im on the Eastside I get slang

"They done gave ya boy a chance(the bills), now the youngin finna(gonna) blow.. it's a shame...  Finnna(gonna) put the game in a figure 4(a finisher)

He saying the Bills have him a Chance now he's gonna blow up(stardom) it's a shame...(he won't be back) gonna out football in his clutches (his finisher)

Holy **** I'm a mess 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Hahahah

I think you gotta break it down like this... After all im on the Eastside I get slang

"They done gave ya boy a chance(the bills), now the youngin finna(gonna) blow.. it's a shame...  Finnna(gonna) put the game in a figure 4(a finisher)

He saying the Bills have him a Chance now he's gonna blow up(stardom) it's a shame...(he won't be back) gonna out football in his clutches (his finisher)

Holy **** I'm a mess 

Go get em, 97

he should pursue the most money he can. Not sure the constant social media stuff is necessary, though. The film either speaks for itself or it doesn’t. Let your agent do the talking. Just my two cents, feel free to give me change or an OK, Boomer.

• Like (+1) 1

Take the money if he’s about it.  No shame in that if a team overpays him. The game is short. His teammates won’t be paying his bills after he’s out of the league. 

Would I love him to take a pay cut and stay? Of course. As a lifelong Bills fan I take them over any single player, but I’m never upset if they leave for the money.  It’s a game. A short one at that. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, batmanfreek said:

Take the money if he’s about it.  No shame in that if a team overpays him. The game is short. His teammates won’t be paying his bills after he’s out of the league. 

Would I love him to take a pay cut and stay? Of course. As a lifelong Bills fan I take them over any single player, but I’m never upset if they leave for the money.  It’s a game. A short one at that. 

Totally. I just hope he realizes he probably won't be as successful elsewhere

McDermott is a guru and has him in the perfect system

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.