are we overlooking the Lee Evans of this draft class?

Jalen Reagor reminds me of Lee Evans so much after watching some of his best games. I will concede that his hands aren’t as good at this point but Lee Evans was 2 years older when he entered the league. 

Is this comparison just lazy or do other people see the same thing? 

Lee Evans would have been a perennial pro bowler outside Buffalo.  People both forget and under estimate how good he was.  He was saddled with one of the worst of luck QB situations for a career. I mean they all sucked.  

That being said, I am not that familiar with the player in question.  But I will add, we already have a Lee Evans type player in Brown (although Evans was better with better hands).  This team needs a WR who is strong with great hands and some size.  

If we added someone comparable to Evans, great means we did add more talent.  BUT to best compliment this offense right now where we have a monster sized QB and the smallest starting 3 WRs in decades, give me someone with size, strong hands, strong route runner, and preferably some speed to go with that please.  

But no more small WRs.  We have a Goliath of a QB, he needs bigger targets too, not just Smurf’s.  

• Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, hjnick said:

Speed kills... Look in the super bowl what speedy WR's, like Tyreek Hill, can do to break down even a great defense.

Sign the fastest WR's in the draft. :)

Breshad Perriman is 6'2" 215 lbs and is faster than Hill(5'10" 180). Bring him in to start opposite Brown and draft a top prospect with speed and size to develop.

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Breshad Perriman is 6'2" 215 lbs and is faster than Hill(5'10" 180). Bring him in to start opposite Brown and draft a top prospect with speed and size to develop.

If we can get him at a good deal, I'd be ok w/ that.

• Thank you (+1) 1