are we overlooking the Lee Evans of this draft class?

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We don't need a Lee Evans type of WR.  We need an Eric Moulds type of WR.

Obviously not Moulds talent which was rare, but a guy who kind of bullied his space and was open with confidence. Agreed 100000%

I like that sweetspot of 6-2 as well. I prefer guys 6-1 to 6-3.

Man Moulds was a beast. Loved that guy.

• Thank you (+1) 2

21 hours ago, NewEra said:

I feel Reagor more elusive and dangerous after the catch.  More twitch explosiveness 

Yeah. I'm actually a big fan of Reagor and would love to see him end up in Buffalo, but I don't think he's all that similar to Evans.

Evans bread and butter asset was straight line speed. Reagor is much more a "playmaker" capable of making guys miss after the catch. Doesn't possess Evans straight line speed, but the agility is more suitable for the way offenses are currently constructed which have somewhat phased out the go routes.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo86 said:

Didn't Lee Evans once speak of working on learning a full route tree... as he entered year 7 of his NFL career?  He has to be one of the all-time overrated Bills.  If there's a Lee Evans in this draft, I hope we do overlook him.

5,934 yards and 43 TD's in 7 seasons with the Bills. Josh Brown by comparison, 4,290 yards and 28 TD's in 6 seasons so far.  

Neither had the best QB's throwing them the ball. Nod to Evans in that area with a slightly higher margin of crap QB's. Another nod to Evans not playing in as much of a passing era. Evans was always a threat to take the top off a defense and was a high character player. We could do a lot worse than Lee Evans.   

• Thank you (+1) 1