are we overlooking the Lee Evans of this draft class?

Reagor is just another reason this is a once in a generation type of WR class. He's another gifted athlete and explosive play maker. I truly believe that teams will be finding starter caliber WR's all the way into the 4th Round this year. 

7 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Does every potential Bills prospect have to be the reincarnation of mediocre former Bill?

I would say that we should want the next Eric Moulds.

Imagine Eric Moulds in his prime in this environment?

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Why continue to ignore the Offense? Unless you think Buffalo is going to sign somebody big for WR in FA.

This is the deepest WR class I've ever seen. Just because they don't take a guy in the 1st Round doesn't mean they are going to "ignore the offense" for the entirety of the draft. There are still 9 more picks to make or work with for the Bills. If YGM, Wirfs, or Simmons are on the board, which they may not be, they should take one of those guys. I could even understand an Epenesa selection in Round 1 if he falls to #22. Right now everything is murky because we haven't even seen FA yet. Once we get through the end of March things will be a little more easy to guess at. We'll have seen who we signed, what Pro Days they've been at, and who they met with at the combine. 

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

This is the deepest WR class I've ever seen. Just because they don't take a guy in the 1st Round doesn't mean they are going to "ignore the offense" for the entirety of the draft. There are still 9 more picks to make or work with for the Bills. If YGM, Wirfs, or Simmons are on the board, which they may not be, they should take one of those guys. I could even understand an Epenesa selection in Round 1 if he falls to #22. Right now everything is murky because we haven't even seen FA yet. Once we get through the end of March things will be a little more easy to guess at. We'll have seen who we signed, what Pro Days they've been at, and who they met with at the combine. 

I understand that to a point. For me I would like to double dip in this draft for WR seeing as it's supposed to be so deep. Take 1 in the 1st and another in either the 3rd or 4th. It's time to build around Allen and see if he truly has it. Go after Yannick hard in FA to help out the pass rush. 

Reagors film is fantastic but Lee Evans probably isnt a good comparison.  Evans was fast but Reagor is better after the catch, and high points the ball better.   He is also built a lot more compact than Evans.  Reminds me a lot of Curtis Samuel from Carolina.  For what its worth I like Reagor better than both Higgins and Shenault.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Gambit said:

I understand that to a point. For me I would like to double dip in this draft for WR seeing as it's supposed to be so deep. Take 1 in the 1st and another in either the 3rd or 4th. It's time to build around Allen and see if he truly has it. Go after Yannick hard in FA to help out the pass rush. 

I understand your point as well and I hope we take at least 2 WR's this draft also. I just don't want us to automatically take one in the 1st for the sake of taking one. I'd be good with 2nd and 3rd or 2nd and 4th if it came down to it, but let's see how the rest of the offseason shakes out first. :thumbsup:

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't really see the Evans comparison. He reminds me more of guys like Stefon Diggs and Santonio Holmes; shorter guys that were very good at going up and grabbing jumpballs that you generally rely on bigger guys for. He's most likely my #1 realistic option at #22.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, NC Book said:

It is forgotten that the chiefs drafted their punter in the 3rd round. We're all worried about WRs, they're in their hot tubs staring at their sb rings. #4DChess ?

Well they do have 2 number 1s already in sammy and tyreek plus the best TE in the league so there is that.  

Didn't Lee Evans once speak of working on learning a full route tree... as he entered year 7 of his NFL career?  He has to be one of the all-time overrated Bills.  If there's a Lee Evans in this draft, I hope we do overlook him.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I don't really see the Evans comparison. He reminds me more of guys like Stefon Diggs and Santonio Holmes; shorter guys that were very good at going up and grabbing jumpballs that you generally rely on bigger guys for. He's most likely my #1 realistic option at #22.

I think this comparison is spot on my friend. Excellent. :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Gambit said:

Why continue to ignore the Offense? Unless you think Buffalo is going to sign somebody big for WR in FA.

It wouldn't be. Sign a free agent like Perriman and draft a WR in the 2nd round, possibly in a trade up for the right guy. Find a good compliment to Motor in the mid rounds or free agency. That alone right there is a very nice boost to the offense.

You guys got me intrigued with Reagor. Gonna check out some highlights.

2 hours ago, Buffalo86 said:

Didn't Lee Evans once speak of working on learning a full route tree... as he entered year 7 of his NFL career?  He has to be one of the all-time overrated Bills.  If there's a Lee Evans in this draft, I hope we do overlook him.

Completely disagree.  I think Evans is one of the most underrated Bills players.   He had two thousand yard seasons with J.P. Losman and Trent Edwards as his quarterbacks.

He is the third leading receiver in terms of wideouts in Bills history, and he was a better player than guys like Stevie Johnson and Sammy Watkins who this board seems to revere.

7 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Completely disagree.  I think Evans is one of the most underrated Bills players.   He had two thousand yard seasons with J.P. Losman and Trent Edwards as his quarterbacks.

He is the third leading receiver in terms of wideouts in Bills history, and he was a better player than guys like Stevie Johnson and Sammy Watkins who this board seems to revere.

Lee Evans was at his best going deep and JP hitting him on said passes. See that Houston game where he scored two 83 yard TDs. As we saw in the Baltimore game when a game was on the line he wasn't a guy that always came up with a clutch catch. This team needs more of an Eric Moulds/TO type. I'm hoping we land Michael Pittman Jr in Round 2 to fill it. 

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Lee Evans was at his best going deep and JP hitting him on said passes. See that Houston game where he scored two 83 yard TDs. As we saw in the Baltimore game when a game was on the line he wasn't a guy that always came up with a clutch catch. This team needs more of an Eric Moulds/TO type. I'm hoping we land Michael Pittman Jr in Round 2 to fill it. 

I dont disagree Evans best route was the 9, however if he played with guys who had better ability you may have seen more from him.   Pittman is a good player, but he isnt going to give you the speed like Moulds or TO.  More of a Jordan Matthews type.

11 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lee Evans would have been a perennial pro bowler outside Buffalo.  

For what it's worth, he went on to a stacked playoff team in Baltimore and instead of being a Pro Bowler is now infamous for his bad drops in the AFC championship to hand the Super Bowl trip to New England. So...