The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

13 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

You can't have it both ways.

One guy says things that are legitimately stupid.

It'll be gone in 15 days. (Wrong)

Is it a flu, is it a virus, is a germ? Nobody knows. (It's a Corona Virus. It's literally in the name)

Maybe we can disinfect the lungs. Give them a cleaning. We'll look into it. (Complete stupidity)

Biden also says things that are dumb, but you can't defend one guy and rail the other. 

When you say you in your last sentence you’re including yourself correct?

39 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Absolutely correct.  The job of the media is to hold our representatives accountable for their words and action.  I say that regardless of political affiliation as I am registered as an Independent.

Good, 

To that bolded part, I disagree a bit.

i think it is the media’s job to report on what the president says, not “hold him accountable”. Maybe leave that to op ed pieces.  For too long (pre Trump) ostensible news reports contain opinions masked as facts. 

The voting public is who is who should hold politicians accountable, no?

• Like (+1) 1

Dealing with the media reminds me a lot of dealing with my kid. Everything I say I have to go back

and break every section down with exactly what I meant so I don't have to say "ugh no that's not what i said

or meant" a whole bunch of times.

For instance: When are you opening the pool?

me: later

next day: why aren't you opening the pool, you said later.

me: I'll get to it next week

(snow on the ground) 

Why aren't you opening the pool you said this week.

me: ......

A friend of mine has a 11 year daughter who can be annoying, and she quipped to her daughter one day go jump off a bridge.

Months later, during an argument, she whined - "you told me to kill myself!"

I can see how exhausting it has to be dealing with the left from Trump's perspective...

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

When you say you in your last sentence you’re including yourself correct?

I think Biden is a horrible candidate. 

Way too old, no new policies, too prone to gaffs. 

They're both junk options as President, but I think one would be less awful than the other. 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Because he didn't say what you're saying he said. And he didn't imply it either. 

Why are you being dishonest about it instead of dealing with the actual facts?

Because his goal is to obfuscate for evil. That requires getting marching orders first. If you think he thinks for himself, you haven't been paying attention to his screed. 

Again his words:

“I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute,” Trump said during Thursday’s coronavirus press briefing. “And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets inside the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.”

So you are hanging your hat on the fact that he did not say the specific type of disinfectant?  And you're saying he didn't imply anything, when he said right here is there a way to inject disinfectant?  The words are right in front of you, yet to deny them.  It was a dumb things to say.  Although he is right on one thing:  disinfectants would do a number on the lungs.  They would cause all sorts of respiratory issues including potentially death, at least according to the CDC when talking about the one specific disinfectant:  bleach.  

Science matters. Words matter.  

30 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It wasn't Trump who said it -- it was Karl. 

The media said it. 

Then the media lied about who said it and pinned it on Trump. They did this in REAL TIME, in front of your faces... and ya'll still fell for it. Why?

Trump suggested injecting UV light and disinfectant.

As far as the bleach an alcohol aspect, Trump made his suggestion after the CDC dude talked about the effects of UV light, alcohol and bleach on the virus.  What Trump said was just plain dumb.  

4 minutes ago, snafu said:

To that bolded part, I disagree a bit.

i think it is the media’s job to report on what the president says, not “hold him accountable”. Maybe leave that to op ed pieces.  For too long (pre Trump) ostensible news reports contain opinions masked as facts. 

The voting public is who is who should hold politicians accountable, no?

I would agree it's our job to hold our elected representatives responsible.  It is the role of a free press to inform.  I agree media should not twist things, regardless of political persuasion.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Again his words:

“I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute,” Trump said during Thursday’s coronavirus press briefing. “And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets inside the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.”

Why keep posting truncated clips instead of what he fully said? Is it because your position is built on bullshite? Yes, yes it is: 

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

So you are hanging your hat on the fact that he did not say the specific type of disinfectant?  And you're saying he didn't imply anything, when he said right here is there a way to inject disinfectant?  The words are right in front of you, yet to deny them.  It was a dumb things to say.  Although he is right on one thing:  disinfectants would do a number on the lungs.  They would cause all sorts of respiratory issues including potentially death, at least according to the CDC when talking about the one specific disinfectant:  bleach.  

Science matters. Words matter.  

You said he told people to drink it -- he didn't. You were wrong.

Was he talking to the people in that statement? Or asking questions of a medical expert? Does that make a difference? You bet it does -- unless you're being dishonest as you are and trying to score points rather than deal with truth. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

As far as the bleach an alcohol aspect, Trump made his suggestion after the CDC dude talked about the effects of UV light, alcohol and bleach on the virus.  What Trump said was just plain dumb.  

He asked an extremely vague question that was probably nonsensical. He in no way made a suggestion about anything. 

I would agree it's our job to hold our elected representatives responsible.  It is the role of a free press to inform.  I agree media should not twist things, regardless of political persuasion.

And yet, you're letting them twist this very topic. Check yourself. 

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

WRONG. 

He asked the DOCTOR if the DOCTOR thinks that's possible. Trump didn't suggest anything. 

What's dumb is taking a statement and twisting it into something else entirely then claiming it's truth. Don't be like that. Be better than that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, westside2 said:

Trumptard? What are you 2 years old?

I'm channeling Trump and his loyal followers.  Quite frankly, if you are ######ed enough to think injecting disinfectant has merit, you deserve the label.

Just now, Scraps said:

I'm channeling Trump and his loyal followers.  Quite frankly, if you are ######ed enough to think injecting disinfectant has merit, you deserve the label.

Does injecting chemotherapy (a poison) fight cancer? 

Yeah, you're making yourself look real bad here. Next you'll be arguing that the sun doesn't provide health benefits. 

3 minutes ago, Scraps said:

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

It was Biden-level dumb

As are most of your posts

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Haha (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

You can't have it both ways.

One guy says things that are legitimately stupid.

It'll be gone in 15 days. (Wrong)

Is it a flu, is it a virus, is a germ? Nobody knows. (It's a Corona Virus. It's literally in the name)

Maybe we can disinfect the lungs. Give them a cleaning. We'll look into it. (Complete stupidity)

Biden also says things that are dumb, but you can't defend one guy and rail the other. 

I'm not defending Trump.  I'm asking why Biden gets a pass for forgetting very basic things.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

OK.  These are your words regarding bleach, taken right from your post:

Swallowing bleach certainly doesn't seem like the thing to do but there are other ways like you stated above, and even something as simple as possibly breathing it in. I know I've breathed in bleach just by using it for cleaning. I don't remember any side affects and there may very well be some benefits. 

I gave you the CDC guidelines on the effects of breathing in chlorine fumes.  But it doesn't address your post in any way.  Uh huh.  

Again, science matters.  Science works. 

This is the part out of the CDC guidelines that you quoted:

From the CDC:

Immediate signs and symptoms of chlorine exposure

• During or immediately after exposure to dangerous concentrations of chlorine, the following signs and symptoms may develop:
    • Blurred vision
    • Burning pain, redness, and blisters on the skin if exposed to gas. Skin injuries similar to frostbite can occur if it is exposed to liquid chlorine
    • Burning sensation in the nose, throat, and eyes
    • Coughing
    • Chest tightness
    • Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath. Thesemay appear immediately if high concentrations of chlorine gas are inhaled, or they may be delayed if low concentrations of chlorine gas are inhaled.
    • Fluid in the lungs (pulmonary edema) that may be delayed for a few hours
    • Nausea and vomiting
    • Watery eyes
    • Wheezing

I say again, science and medicine matter.  Science and medicine work.

Note the parts in red that reference "dangerous concentrations". I never said that dangerous concentrations were ok. Those are words that you have been trying to put in my mouth. 

Just now, Scraps said:

There are such things as stupid questions.  This is one of them.

Considering you've had to twist the statement into something that resembles fiction more than fact, I think you're wrong. And stretching. Because you're eager to dunk on Trump and have stopped thinking for yourself. It's a sad, dangerous way to operate when the media has proven to be manipulators on this very subject. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Does injecting chemotherapy (a poison) fight cancer? 

Yeah, you're making yourself look real bad here. Next you'll be arguing that the sun doesn't provide health benefits. 

A clinician went over this several pages back.  Your repeating Bills_Gal's inane arguments.

Just now, Scraps said:

A clinician went over this several pages back.  Your repeating Bills_Gal's inane arguments.

So the answer then would have been yes, yes we inject poisons into the body to fight disease. 

It happens every day around the world, not just in this country. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It wasn't Trump who said it -- it was Karl. 

The media said it. 

Then the media lied about who said it and pinned it on Trump. They did this in REAL TIME, in front of your faces... and ya'll still fell for it. Why?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So the answer then would have been yes, yes we inject poisons into the body to fight disease. 

Yup. But, I am insane (and stupid) for pointing that out.

Oh, maybe post the UV light under the skin video again? That was a good one that seems to have been ignored.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Why keep posting truncated clips instead of what he fully said? Is it because your position is built on bullshite? Yes, yes it is: 

You said he told people to drink it -- he didn't. You were wrong.

Was he talking to the people in that statement? Or asking questions of a medical expert? Does that make a difference? You bet it does -- unless you're being dishonest as you are and trying to score points rather than deal with truth. 

He was instructing government officials to look into something  that is completely ridiculous.  You want your tax dollars used that way?

:lol: 

He was instructing government officials to look into something  that is completely ridiculous.  You want your tax dollars used that way?

Why must you constantly lie to try to make your point. You don't even realize you're doing it, I'm sure. He was asking a question of the doctor, not instructing them to do anything. 

Again, you've moved from: He told people to "drink" bleach, to admitting he didn't. Now you're suggesting he instructed a doctor to do something he didn't. 

Your entire position is built on bullshite. And I keep showing it to you. Rather than admit that it's bullshite, you smell it and call it concrete. That doesn't make you right. It makes you wildly incorrect. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Go back and read my comments on this.  About how it is based on years and years of basic and clinical investigation,  how clinical trials are done to validate such approaches and how patients are informed of benefits and risks and such.  And even then there are the rare occasions where issues come up that were not anticipated.

To compare medical treatments that have gone through rigorous trials and investigations and scrutiny to throwing out half cocked ideas about injecting disinfectants, or sticking UV lights into the body is completely ridiculous.

YES!!!! I do. NOTHING is insane or stupid right about now. I want a treatment, I want a vaccine, I want a cure. I do not want to be held hostage in my own home... I want out. And, if looking into something you consider to be "completely ridiculous" is the key to a breakthrough? So be it.

Remember, at one time people scoffed at bacteria and viruses being the cause of illnesses. It is a wonder medicine has advanced at all with attitudes like "it will not work" and "completely ridiculous" and not thinking outside the box.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

And yet Andrew Cuomo is willing to tolerate unlimited increases of suicide, domestic violence and depression to prevent possible infections.

But the focus is on drinking chlorine.   Imagine if Trump had said what Cuomo said yesterday, which is also contradicting science & statistics.

• Like (+1) 2