The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Just now, Capco said:

We're in the middle of a global crisis (the traditional time that Americans rally around their president) and he can't even crack a 50% approval rating.  If that's indicative of his job performance then you must set a very low bar for what you call a "good job".  

Even though wages have been stagnant and underemployment rampant during his tenure, if we just focus on the stock market gains since January 2017, that will tell you the REAL success story of this presidency! 

Oh wait...

You are sadly misinformed and if you believe the polls you are delusional. Even so, Trumps numbers are better than Obama's were at the same time in their respective presidencies. 

• Like (+1) 1

73% of Americans Hospitalised With COVID-19 Had an Underlying Condition, Says CDC. 

“The CDC noted that many of the conditions reported by patients are fairly common among Americans in general.”

So maybe this says that the disease mostly just kills people who are already sick. But if “already sick” encompasses things like “former smoker” and “high blood pressure” — under the new guidelines, it’s like 1/3 of the public having high blood pressure — then that’s not much of a comfort.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If you go by the track record of anonymous White House sources in this administration, the odds are HEAVY that it's entirely false. 

I know we'll never agree on this, but from my observations, as I've stated too often so I won't belabor it after this, he was more concerned about the economy than the virus.  At some point the switch went on, and he realized it would not hurt him if he started leading.  Just look at his press conferences and how he changed.  In fact, now he uses them as campaign events.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

You are sadly misinformed and if you believe the polls you are delusional. Even so, Trumps numbers are better than Obama's were at the same time in their respective presidencies. 

He managed to keep his rampant TDS under wraps for half the day today, but when your brain is that broken it just can't help but revealing itself. 

1 minute ago, Capco said:

Following orders from subordinates is not the same as taking their advice into consideration.  That (which is expected of a leader) wasn't even done.  

And you somehow know that he didn't take their input in consideration?  Were you in the room?  Of course he took it into consideration!  Or are you of the opinion that he CLOSED AIRLINE TRANSPORTATION FROM THE LARGEST COUNTRY ON THE PLANET as some sort of America First travel and tourism holiday?  Don't be a moron!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TPS said:

I know we'll never agree on this, but from my observations, as I've stated too often so I won't belabor it after this, he was more concerned about the economy than the virus.  At some point the switch went on, and he realized it would not hurt him if he started leading.  Just look at his press conferences and how he changed.  In fact, now he uses them as campaign events.

That's all good. My only point was that there has yet to be single anonymous source report from the WH that's been proven accurate. Especially one talking to Vanity Fair. :beer: 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

And you somehow know that he didn't take their input in consideration?  Were you in the room?  Of course he took it into consideration!  Or are you of the opinion that he CLOSED AIRLINE TRANSPORTATION FROM THE LARGEST COUNTRY ON THE PLANET as some sort of America First travel and tourism holiday?  Don't be a moron!

He already admitted he believes Trump closed travel off from China simply for petty and/or racist reasons. 

Capco is not a serious person. His brain has been rotted by identity politics and four years of unchecked TDS. 

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I honestly thought this was an onion article.  We've all gone through at least one time where we caught a pretty horrible virus/flue.  I think he'll be okay but it's not like he just stormed the beaches of Normandy. 

As I said before, Cuomo is fortunate he caught the strain of the Cornavirus where the symptoms disappear when he needs to go on TV.... 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

As I said before, Cuomo is fortunate he caught the strain of the Cornavirus where the symptoms disappear when he needs to go on TV.... 

It's the same strain that hit Hilary when she was dodging bullets on the tarmac that time. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

He fired two of the very people who knew what to do best, Luciana Borio and Scott Gottlieb.  They literally weren't available to provide that information in a formal setting because of his decision making.  If he wasn't so damned petty he'd not have fired them, taken their advice into proper consideration, and acted as aggressively as South Korea (or more so).  

But instead we are left with 4-6 lost weeks because the man in the Oval Office has an ego problem.  More people are going to die than would have otherwise.  Do you understand?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Capco said:

Following orders from subordinates is not the same as taking their advice into consideration.  That (which is expected of a leader) wasn't even done.  

What makes you think he hasn't taken his subordinates advice into consideration. He has many advisers who most likely gives him conflicting advice. He has to look at all of that advice and make a decision as to what is the best for the country. On what basis can you claim that he didn't take any advice?

Edited by 3rdnlng
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Capco said:

He fired two of the very people who knew what to do best, Luciana Borio and Scott Gottlieb.  They literally weren't available to provide that information in a formal setting because of his decision making.  If he wasn't so damned petty he'd not have fired them, taken their advice into proper consideration, and acted as aggressively as South Korea (or more so).  

But instead we are left with 4-6 lost weeks because the man in the Oval Office has an ego problem.  More people are going to die than would have otherwise.  Do you understand?  

And if Obama and Biden hadn't been such a couple of worthless idiots, they would have left the national stockpile full of supplies when they headed for the golf course.  You can play Monday Morning QB all you want dude.

13 minutes ago, Capco said:

I still think he did it for petty and/or racist reasons and not because he was being Mr. Pandemic.  He kinda stumbled into a victory on that one, but yes the Dems and MSM were wrong in hindsight.  That ban did help and did save lives I believe.  

This is painful to unbundle. President Trump stumbled into saving hundreds of thousands of lives because he and his admin recognized a hot spot and  suddenly enacted racist travel restrictions, and the Dems and MSM were just benignly  "wrong" when proclaiming that life as usual was the order of the day?  Wrong like a waiter brings you margarine instead of butter?  

I can't believe you believe this. I have to believe English is not your native language. 

1 hour ago, meazza said:

I went to Japan last year and like most gringos, laughed at everyone wearing a mask.

Well whose laughing now?

Wait, they call the whites "gringo" in Okinawa?  That doesn't seem right.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

73% of Americans Hospitalised With COVID-19 Had an Underlying Condition, Says CDC. 

“The CDC noted that many of the conditions reported by patients are fairly common among Americans in general.”

So maybe this says that the disease mostly just kills people who are already sick. But if “already sick” encompasses things like “former smoker” and “high blood pressure” — under the new guidelines, it’s like 1/3 of the public having high blood pressure — then that’s not much of a comfort.

What might be bad for us is the US has one of the highest rates of obesity among developed countries leading to a lot of underlying health conditions like diabetes and high blood pressure.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

And if Obama and Biden hadn't been such a couple of worthless idiots, they would have left the national stockpile full of supplies when they headed for the golf course.  You can play Monday Morning QB all you want dude.

You're right.  3+ years isn't nearly enough time to fix a "broken system" under your direct control when you're the most powerful man in the world.  How ridiculous of me to expect more.  

5 minutes ago, Capco said:

You need to actually look into that. BTW, I'm not going to spend the afternoon arguing with someone who doesn't knowtheirshit. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

And you were quarantined, right?

We were self-quarantined.  The CDC paperwork we were given said "Stay home for the next 14 days and monitor your health. Take your temperature with a thermometer two times a day and watch for symptoms."  It had what symptoms to look for, and what measures to take if you felt sick.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This is painful to unbundle. President Trump stumbled into saving hundreds of thousands of lives because he and his admin recognized a hot spot and  suddenly enacted racist travel restrictions, and the Dems and MSM were just benignly  "wrong" when proclaiming that life as usual was the order of the day?  Wrong like a waiter brings you margarine instead of butter?  

I can't believe you believe this. I have to believe English is not your native language. 

Wait, they call the whites "gringo" in Okinawa?  That doesn't seem right.

Don't fault the Okinawans for being racist. The people on the home islands of Japan look down on them to a great extent. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

You guys still ball washing Trump? Wanna see what we could be? Check out Germany’s graph and compare it to Mr Tremendous....he is getting his ass handed to him by Merkel.   10/10

• Haha (+1) 2