The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

33 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

This is good news, it is a test that can tell you if you have been infected and recovered. It will allow alot of people to go back to work. I know I am curious to see if I have had it, my daughter, a co- worker and my wife's asst all had a flu-like illness in the past 4 months, all had the same symptoms, all tested negative for the flu. One of them even lost sense of smell, taste.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/02/fda-approves-first-serology-test-for-coronavirus/

That is great.  When will we have access to this?  My bet - probably early 2021.

3 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Trump's attitude towards this was decidedly unhelpful in getting people to socially distance sooner. Even DeSantis said as much in closing Florida today. 

But in fairness to Trump, I don't think another politician in America would have done much better. He responded at about the same rate as everyone in America. The "lost month" people talk about is real, but it is a mistake most of America was making. If you showed me how hundreds of politicians were calling for dramatic action on Feb. 1, you could make a point that Trump had a huge failure of leadership but very few people in America were beating that drum. 

And if you want to blame someone for our current predicament, the CCP seems like a good place to start. 

Except Trump shut down travel to and from China on 1-31-20, much to the consternation of Democrat leaders and the MSM. Both Fauci and Birx have praised Trump for his doing that. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, shoshin said:

Trump's attitude towards this was decidedly unhelpful in getting people to socially distance sooner. Even DeSantis said as much in closing Florida today. 

But in fairness to Trump, I don't think another politician in America would have done much better. He responded at about the same rate as everyone in America. The "lost month" people talk about is real, but it is a mistake most of America was making. If you showed me how hundreds of politicians were calling for dramatic action on Feb. 1, you could make a point that Trump had a huge failure of leadership but very few people in America were beating that drum. 

And if you want to blame someone for our current predicament, the CCP seems like a good place to start. 

Yes, it's a failure of leadership, not just Trump.  That doesn't mean he doesn't hold the lion's share of the responsibility to protect the country as POTUS.  The experts knew what to do best and knew it ahead of time.  We know they knew.  It's the leaders' jobs to listen to their pandemic experts, not fire them.  And they were not listened to.  

In South Korea the politicians took the advice of their experts and acted aggressively and decisively.  In America we dilly-dallied.  The fact is that a better response from the Oval Office would mean a better current situation and outlook.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Capco said:

Western complacency is why two former Trump administration health officials rang the alarm bell one week after the first reported case on Jan 20, and why their advice wasn't put into practice until February 29?  

https://www.wsj.com/articles/act-now-to-prevent-an-american-epidemic-11580255335

No.  "Western societies are much more complacent" isn't gonna cut it.  This is a failure of leadership.  

“The US response will be studied for generations as a textbook example of a disastrous, failed effort,” Ron Klain, who spearheaded the fight against Ebola in 2014, told a Georgetown university panel recently. “What’s happened in Washington has been a fiasco of incredible proportions.”

The White House had all the information it needed by the end of January to act decisively. Instead, Trump repeatedly played down the severity of the threat, blaming China for what he called the “Chinese virus” and insisting falsely that his partial travel bans on China and Europe were all it would take to contain the crisis.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/28/trump-coronavirus-politics-us-health-disaster

You lost me when you quoted Ron Klain, he is not a doctor but a political hack.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Capco said:

Yes, it's a failure of leadership, not just Trump.  That doesn't mean he doesn't hold the lion's share of the responsibility to protect the country as POTUS.  The experts knew what to do best and knew it ahead of time.  We know they knew.  It's the leaders' jobs to listen to their pandemic experts, not fire them.  And they were not listened to.  

In South Korea the politicians took the advice of their experts and acted aggressively and decisively.  In America we dilly-dallied.  The fact is that a better response from the Oval Office would mean a better current situation and outlook.  

Really? Talk about revisionist history. 

In mid January, the experts at the WHO were busy placating China by spreading false information like the virus couldn't be spread human to human. Then another month was spent debating whether or not China was being honest with their numbers (spoiler alert: they weren't). 

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Except Trump shut down travel to and from China on 1-31-20, much to the consternation of Democrat leaders and the MSM. Both Fauci and Birx have praised Trump for his doing that. 

I still think he did it for petty and/or racist reasons and not because he was being Mr. Pandemic.  He kinda stumbled into a victory on that one, but yes the Dems and MSM were wrong in hindsight.  That ban did help and did save lives I believe.  

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Capco said:

I still think he did it for petty and/or racist reasons and not because he was being Mr. Pandemic.  He kinda stumbled into a victory on that one, but yes the Dems and MSM were wrong in hindsight.  That ban did help and did save lives I believe.  

There it is. 

Removing all doubt that you're taking this seriously, and not just a guy with a brain that has been destroyed by a toxic mix of TDS and identity politics. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, shoshin said:

There weren't any government officials in any country calling for drastic measures on Feb 1. Even South Korea, the first country to get hit, didn't react aggressively until their cases started to spike the second week of Feb. 

And you are absolutely right. If people are intent on finding blame during a crisis, then they should focus on a Communist government that doesn't give a **** about its own people, certainly doesn't give a **** about the people in any other country, and ******* lied to the world about this virus.

Or, if it is only about politics, then blame Trump....

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Capco said:

HAHAHAHA. You guys think Trump is like a Mr. Magoo and just lucks into everything. I know, Trump is doing a good job for purely selfish reasons in order to get reelected, eh? 

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So this is a very serious crisis, yet you still think it’s being overblown? 

Did I say it was being overblown? For one. And for two, you say the above like those are mutually exclusive truths. 

It’s a very serious problem that you’re a mental delinquent whose head is stuck so far up your own ass that you can taste your own larynx. But to say that the world is ending because of your disability is overblowing that situation. 

Engage the real content of what I posted, or take your idiocy and sell it somewhere where someone’s buying. All I have to offer for it here is used TP. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Did I say it was being overblown? For one. And for two, you say the above like those are mutually exclusive truths. 

It’s a very serious problem that you’re a mental delinquent whose head is stuck so far up your own ass that you can taste your own larynx. But to say that the world is ending because of your disability is overblowing that situation. 

Engage the real content of what I posted, or take your idiocy and sell it somewhere where someone’s buying. All I have to offer for it here is used TP. 

It's what he does. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Shivering, hallucinating, beaten ‘like a piñata’: Chris Cuomo’s ‘haunted’ night with coronavirus

CNN anchor Chris Cuomo gives an update on his coronavirus diagnosis during Wednesday's live broadcast of “Cuomo Prime Time." CNN anchor Chris Cuomo gives an update on his coronavirus diagnosis during Wednesday's live broadcast of “Cuomo Prime Time." (Image via Twitter/Cuomo Prime Time/CNN)

By 
April 2, 2020 at 5:22 a.m. EDT

When the sun came up Wednesday morning, CNN anchor Chris Cuomo was already awake. But as Cuomo tells it, his early rising wasn’t by choice.

“I was up all night,” he said during Wednesday’s edition of “Cuomo Prime Time,” broadcast live from his basement where he is now self-quarantining after announcing one day earlier that he tested positive for the novel coronavirus.

The cause of Cuomo’s insomnia?

“This virus came at me, I’ve never seen anything like it,” Cuomo said, telling viewers that he was wracked with a fever of around 103 degrees “that wouldn’t quit."

“It was like somebody was beating me like a piñata,” he continued. “I was shivering so much … I chipped my tooth.”

Then, there were the fever-induced hallucinations.

“My dad was talking to me,” a wide-eyed Cuomo said, referring to his late father, former New York governor and revered Democratic Party figure Mario Cuomo, who died in January 2015. “I was seeing people from college, people I haven’t seen in forever. It was freaky what I lived through last night, and it may happen again tonight.”

I honestly thought this was an onion article.  We've all gone through at least one time where we caught a pretty horrible virus/flue.  I think he'll be okay but it's not like he just stormed the beaches of Normandy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Capco said:

Wrong...it is not the job of a leader to follow orders from their subordinates. The next time you're put in charge of a serious, multi-dimensional issue, you'll understand that.  The Leader has to weigh many factors. If the Doctors had their way....we would never go outside ever again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

HAHAHAHA. You guys think Trump is like a Mr. Magoo and just lucks into everything. I know, Trump is doing a good job for purely selfish reasons in order to get reelected, eh? 

We're in the middle of a global crisis (the traditional time that Americans rally around their president) and he can't even crack a 50% approval rating.  If that's indicative of his job performance then you must set a very low bar for what you call a "good job".  

Even though wages have been stagnant and underemployment rampant during his tenure, if we just focus on the stock market gains since January 2017, that will tell you the REAL success story of this presidency! 

Oh wait...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Capco said:

We're in the middle of a global crisis (the traditional time that Americans rally around their president) and he can't even crack a 50% approval rating.  If that's indicative of his job performance then you must set a very low bar for what you call a "good job".  

Even though wages have been stagnant and underemployment rampant during his tenure, if we just focus on the stock market gains since January 2017, that will tell you the REAL success story of this presidency! 

Oh wait...

Continuing to remove all doubt that you're a serious person worth having a conversation with.

"Never let a crisis go to waste when you can dunk on Trump!"

What a good little NPC you are. 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Wrong...it is not the job of a leader to follow orders from their subordinates. The next time you're put in charge of a serious, multi-dimensional issue, you'll understand that.  The Leader has to weigh many factors. If the Doctors had their way....we would never go outside ever again.

Following orders from subordinates is not the same as taking their advice into consideration.  That (which is expected of a leader) wasn't even done.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Capco said:

Oh wait...

You're more then welcome to vote for the other guy in November.  Good luck with that.

• Like (+1) 2