The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

22 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

From the CDC:

Immediate signs and symptoms of chlorine exposure

• During or immediately after exposure to dangerous concentrations of chlorine, the following signs and symptoms may develop:
    • Blurred vision
    • Burning pain, redness, and blisters on the skin if exposed to gas. Skin injuries similar to frostbite can occur if it is exposed to liquid chlorine
    • Burning sensation in the nose, throat, and eyes
    • Coughing
    • Chest tightness
    • Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath. Thesemay appear immediately if high concentrations of chlorine gas are inhaled, or they may be delayed if low concentrations of chlorine gas are inhaled.
    • Fluid in the lungs (pulmonary edema) that may be delayed for a few hours
    • Nausea and vomiting
    • Watery eyes
    • Wheezing

I say again, science and medicine matter.  Science and medicine work.

This is the 2nd time in the last hour that you've responded to one of my posts in a nonsensical manner. The above doesn't address my post in any way. 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

:beer: apologies, I couldn't make it through the full five pages this morning. The romper room was too much. 

Not at all!!  ? I am merely pointing out that, for whatever reason {wink*wink} there is a certain segment of people on this board that do not want the truth of what was said yesterday. They do not care. They simply want a narrative, and they want to run with it.

I hope you, and everyone else, continue to point to the clips, the text, and the real exchange. Maybe after 5,209,212 replays, it will finally sink in to them. But, I doubt it. TDS really is the most horrible disease.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

Not at all!!  ? I am merely pointing out that, for whatever reason {wink*wink} there is a certain segment of people on this board that do not want the truth of what was said yesterday. They do not care. They simply want a narrative, and they want to run with it.

I hope you, and everyone else, continue to point to the clips, the text, and the real exchange. Maybe after 5,209,212 replays, it will finally sink in to them. But, I doubt it. TDS really is the most horrible disease.

It won't...

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This morning, Today show correspondent Peter Alexanderstazan was doing an on-the-spot report from a street in Washington.  Why he's not sheltering in place, why he's risking the health of those around him by being outside is beyond me, but it is what it is.  He was reporting on the President's comments and stopped to read an index card he was holding in his hand so that he could be certain to deliver the information clearly.  The 'don't drink bleach' message.  

Also, why do these nimrods have to report through a mask where there is no one within 6 feet of them?  It's moronic.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This morning, Today show correspondent Peter Alexanderstazan was doing an on-the-spot report from a street in Washington.  Why he's not sheltering in place, why he's risking the health of those around him by being outside is beyond me, but it is what it is.  He was reporting on the President's comments and stopped to read an index card he was holding in his hand so that he could be certain to deliver the information clearly.  The 'don't drink bleach' message.  

Also, why do these nimrods have to report through a mask where there is no one within 6 feet of them?  It's moronic.

:beer: 

Per the bolded (though I know you know this), it just shows that @oldmanfan was wrong about the media. They do that to present an image that's counter to reality to PROMOTE FEAR not FACT. It's SOP for media in times of crisis: 

Is This Anderson Cooper Standing in a Ditch While Reporting ...Windy Fake News GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Why he's not sheltering in place, why he's risking the health of those around him by being outside is beyond me, but it is what it is

why do these nimrods have to report through a mask where there is no one within 6 feet of them

Your words are moronic

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

Why are you posting images of pedophiles as examples of what you want to be like?

Is that a picture of DR?

10 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I hope you don't truly believe this. 

The lengths you go to excuse his stupidity is astounding. 

He "mangles" things because he's dumb.

Again, why are Trump's statements seen as stupid, while Biden's are the result of a speech impediment (which was NEVER used as an excuse until a month ago)?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, GG said:

Again, why are Trump's statements seen as stupid, while Biden's are the result of a speech impediment (which was NEVER used as an excuse until a month ago)?

You can't have it both ways.

One guy says things that are legitimately stupid.

It'll be gone in 15 days. (Wrong)

Is it a flu, is it a virus, is a germ? Nobody knows. (It's a Corona Virus. It's literally in the name)

Maybe we can disinfect the lungs. Give them a cleaning. We'll look into it. (Complete stupidity)

Biden also says things that are dumb, but you can't defend one guy and rail the other. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

Is it a flu, is it a virus, is a germ? Nobody knows. (It's a Corona Virus. It's literally in the name)

Maybe we can disinfect the lungs. Give them a cleaning. We'll look into it. (Complete stupidity)

Biden also says things that are dumb, but you can't defend one guy and rail the other. 

Was it more or less stupid than a certain poster filling up multiple threads for weeks that "MILLIONS ARE ABOUT TO DIE!"? 

Or.... 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

But, we should all be able to agree that you are the last person who should be calling someone else out for stupidity, right?

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

This is the 2nd time in the last hour that you've responded to one of my posts in a nonsensical manner. The above doesn't address my post in any way. 

OK.  These are your words regarding bleach, taken right from your post:

Swallowing bleach certainly doesn't seem like the thing to do but there are other ways like you stated above, and even something as simple as possibly breathing it in. I know I've breathed in bleach just by using it for cleaning. I don't remember any side affects and there may very well be some benefits. 

I gave you the CDC guidelines on the effects of breathing in chlorine fumes.  But it doesn't address your post in any way.  Uh huh.  

Again, science matters.  Science works. 

Just now, oldmanfan said:

OK.  These are your words regarding bleach, taken right from your post:

Swallowing bleach certainly doesn't seem like the thing to do but there are other ways like you stated above, and even something as simple as possibly breathing it in. I know I've breathed in bleach just by using it for cleaning. I don't remember any side affects and there may very well be some benefits. 

I gave you the CDC guidelines on the effects of breathing in chlorine fumes.  But it doesn't address your post in any way.  Uh huh.  

Again, science matters.  Science works. 

No one suggested drinking bleach. 

But keep thinking you're focused on the facts. 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

No one suggested drinking bleach. 

But keep thinking you're focused on the facts. 

The president referred to injecting disinfectants.  When he said disinfectants, what exactly do you think he was referring to?  Or because he did not specifically name a specific disinfectant it is somehow wrong to question the guy presenting the study about it?   You do realize that two very common disinfectants are bleach and Lysol?  And while we're at it, exactly how would one get UV light inside the body?

These are things he said. Like it or not.  And the press is supposed to not ask questions about it?  Why can't you just admit that what was said by the president yesterday was dumb?

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Did you drink bleach while reading your manifesto over the phone to Tracy Beanz?

The president referred to injecting disinfectants.  When he said disinfectants, what exactly do you think he was referring to?  Or because he did not specifically name a specific disinfectant it is somehow wrong to question the guy presenting the study about it?   You do realize that two very common disinfectants are bleach and Lysol?  And while we're at it, exactly how would one get UV light inside the body?

These are things he said. Like it or not.  And the press is supposed to not ask questions about it?  Why can't you just admit that what was said by the president yesterday was dumb?

Because he is a propaganda account for Trump

The president referred to injecting disinfectants.  

So, he didn't say to drink it. Thanks for proving my point. Again, keep thinking you're interested in facts. 

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

These are things he said. 

Only, he didn't. 

Why not look at what he actually said and who he said it to? Is it because doing proves your position is built on bullshite? 

9 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

When he's president I'll blast the ***** out of the clown - until then the current president gets that treatment

Why reserve your ridicule for the President?  Shouldn’t someone who has a 50% (or greater based in Tibs’s cherry picked polls) of being our next President be included?  Or are you just being dishonest? 

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Why can't you just admit that what was said by the president yesterday was dumb?

Because he didn't say what you're saying he said. And he didn't imply it either. 

Why are you being dishonest about it instead of dealing with the actual facts?

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Why reserve your ridicule for the President?  Shouldn’t someone who has a 50% (or greater based in Tibs’s cherry picked polls) of being our next President be included?  Or are you just being dishonest? 

Because his goal is to obfuscate for evil. That requires getting marching orders first. If you think he thinks for himself, you haven't been paying attention to his screed. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Are you better off today than you were four years ago?