The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

12 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This is painful to unbundle. President Trump stumbled into saving hundreds of thousands of lives because he and his admin recognized a hot spot and  suddenly enacted racist travel restrictions, and the Dems and MSM were just benignly  "wrong" when proclaiming that life as usual was the order of the day?  Wrong like a waiter brings you margarine instead of butter?  

I can't believe you believe this. I have to believe English is not your native language. 

Wait, they call the whites "gringo" in Okinawa?  That doesn't seem right.

He fully believes it. Because his brain has been broken by Trump and his intake of toxic identity politics. 

He’s removed any doubt about what he is. He’s a clown. Full stop. 

(they come out in pairs.)

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, TH3 said:

You guys still ball washing Trump? Wanna see what we could be? Check out Germany’s graph and compare it to Mr Tremendous....he is getting his ass handed to him by Merkel.   10/10

Did you bring any fish tank cleaner with you today? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He fully believes it. Because his brain has been broken by Trump and his intake of toxic identity politics. 

He’s removed any doubt about what he is. He’s a clown. Full stop. 

(they come out in pairs.)

Lol.  Show me on the stuffed animal rhino doll where I touched you.  

57 minutes ago, Kevbeau said:

At a minimum this is going to lead to some sort of violent (over)reaction that will flare up the racism narrative (rightfully or wrongfully)

I'd have responded to the @Deranged Rhino  post you quoted, but I couldn't find it...

I would argue that China's lack of forthcoming along with the WHO covering for them, makes this a bio-weapon.  ?‍♂️

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Capco said:

Lol.  Show me on the stuffed animal rhino doll where I touched you.  

You stated you believe Trump closed off flights to China because of racism. You said that, not me. 

So don’t blame me for you being exposed as the mindless, TDS addled, broken brain dipshite that you are. 

You did it to yourself. Enjoy it. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Next Corona Press Briefing at 5:00

https://www.whitehouse.gov/live/

San Francisco was one of the first cities in the U.S. to ban the use of plastic shopping bags in 2007 to reduce the environmental impact caused by plastic waste, according to SFGate.com.

San Francisco bans reusable bags in coronavirus fight

Read more at thehill.com ...

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You stated you believe Trump closed off flights to China because of racism. You said that, not me. 

So don’t blame me for you being exposed as the mindless, TDS addled, broken brain dipshite that you are. 

You did it to yourself. Enjoy it. 

I'm allowed to think he's a racist without discrediting everything else I say.  

What incontrovertible proof do you have that he doesn't have a racist bone in his body?  I'm all ears.  

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Capco said:

What incontrovertible proof do you have that he doesn't have a racist bone in his body?  I'm all ears.  

Please stop.

You have to know that this is a foolish question.

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Please stop.

You have to know that this is a foolish question.

My expierience with paintball and air soft masks makes me think this may have a major flaw, specifically fogging... but I may be missing something. Cool idea for sure! Hope it works. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Capco said:

Western complacency is why two former Trump administration health officials rang the alarm bell one week after the first reported case on Jan 20, and why their advice wasn't put into practice until February 29?  

https://www.wsj.com/articles/act-now-to-prevent-an-american-epidemic-11580255335

No.  "Western societies are much more complacent" isn't gonna cut it.  This is a failure of leadership.  

“The US response will be studied for generations as a textbook example of a disastrous, failed effort,” Ron Klain, who spearheaded the fight against Ebola in 2014, told a Georgetown university panel recently. “What’s happened in Washington has been a fiasco of incredible proportions.”

The White House had all the information it needed by the end of January to act decisively. Instead, Trump repeatedly played down the severity of the threat, blaming China for what he called the “Chinese virus” and insisting falsely that his partial travel bans on China and Europe were all it would take to contain the crisis.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/28/trump-coronavirus-politics-us-health-disaster

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Except Trump shut down travel to and from China on 1-31-20, much to the consternation of Democrat leaders and the MSM. Both Fauci and Birx have praised Trump for his doing that. 

The WHO, which is SUPPOSED to be providing good, accurate information about the virus crisis flat out said that shutting down travel with China was a BAD decision and lobbied for 45 to rescind the ban.  They were still arguing against it at least until February 5.

So, yes, the WH had necessary info to act decisively by the end of January.  But in doing so, they were ignoring the advice of an organization that SHOULD be led by experts.  And the WH was right, and the experts at the WHO were wrong.

Should more have been done at that time?  In hindsight, yes.  But when China and the WHO had been lying and downplaying the severity of the situation right up to that point in time and beyond it, and THEY had the best info on it, it is difficult to say what exactly that should have been at that time as even the actions that were taken were decried as being excessive.

• Thank you (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You are allowed to think whatever you wish. No one argues otherwise. 

But when you speak it publicly, it absolutely discredits everything else you write on the topic because it proves you're not operating with a fully functional brain. Yours is addled with rampant TDS and toxic identity politics -- which we all knew from reading your past posts. Now you're just bragging about it. 

Here's a wiki article with over 320(!) citations making the case for Trump being a racist.  Just from the summary (lol) we have:

-Sued by DoJ for housing discrimination, 1973/78

-leading proponent of bitherism conspiracy

-vilification of the wrongly accused Central Park 5

-speech about Mexicans being criminals and rapists

-repeatedly linked African Americans and Hispanics with violent crime

-implied a moral equivalence between the white supremacist marchers and those who protested against them at Charlottesville

-referred to El Salvador, Haiti, and African countries as "sh|tholes"

- Trump tweeted about Democratic congresswomen: "Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime-infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done."  This Go back to your country mentality is a common racial trope.  

Several studies and surveys have stated that racist attitudes and racial resentment have fueled Trump's political ascendance, and have become more significant than economic factors in determining the party allegiance of U.S. voters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump

The evidence is nothing short of overwhelming.  And you've provided zero evidence to the contrary.  Yet somehow I'm the one who is proven to not be operating with a fully functional brain.  

You have a special, rare kind of logic.  I'll bet you think it's a gift, too.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

The WHO, which is SUPPOSED to be providing good, accurate information about the virus crisis flat out said that shutting down travel with China was a BAD decision and lobbied for 45 to rescind the ban.  They were still arguing against it at least until February 5.

So, yes, the WH had necessary info to act decisively by the end of January.  But in doing so, they were ignoring the advice of an organization that SHOULD be led by experts.  And the WH was right, and the experts at the WHO were wrong.

Should more have been done at that time?  In hindsight, yes.  But when China and the WHO had been lying and downplaying the severity of the situation right up to that point in time and beyond it, and THEY had the best info on it, it is difficult to say what exactly that should have been at that time as even the actions that were taken were decried as being excessive.

China closed all of its movie theaters but then continued to claim the virus couldn't be passed from humans to humans. A large part of the reason South Korea (IMO) got a jump on things is because they have a very healthy degree of skepticism regarding China's veracity. They would have known much earlier that China was flat out lying.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

A large part of the reason South Korea (IMO) got a jump on things is because they have a very healthy degree of skepticism regarding China's veracity.

Considering the history between China and Korean, can you blame ROK for not taking China at their word?

47 minutes ago, TH3 said:

You guys still ball washing Trump? Wanna see what we could be? Check out Germany’s graph and compare it to Mr Tremendous....he is getting his ass handed to him by Merkel.   10/10

Why name-call now? 

I would love to be back to a 6% unemployment in July with 30K dead and Trump to be chest-thumping about how he did everything right to an 80% approval rating. To want anything else is near traitorous, really. I don't like him but rooting against him at the moment is really bad form. 

Questioning his decisions and actions in the moment is fine but I won't resort to calling him names or wanting him to fail. I hope everything I question about his actions is DEAD WRONG and he kicks my ass all the way back to a blazing economy. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

44 minutes ago, Capco said:

You discredit everything else you say

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Capco said:

Here's a wiki article with over 320(!) citations making the case for Trump being a racist.  Just from the summary (lol) we have:

-Sued by DoJ for housing discrimination, 1973/78

-leading proponent of bitherism conspiracy

-vilification of the wrongly accused Central Park 5

-speech about Mexicans being criminals and rapists

-repeatedly linked African Americans and Hispanics with violent crime

-implied a moral equivalence between the white supremacist marchers and those who protested against them at Charlottesville

-referred to El Salvador, Haiti, and African countries as "sh|tholes"

- Trump tweeted about Democratic congresswomen: "Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime-infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done."  This Go back to your country mentality is a common racial trope.  

Several studies and surveys have stated that racist attitudes and racial resentment have fueled Trump's political ascendance, and have become more significant than economic factors in determining the party allegiance of U.S. voters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump

The evidence is nothing short of overwhelming.  And you've provided zero evidence to the contrary.  Yet somehow I'm the one who is proven to not be operating with a fully functional brain.  

You have a special, rare kind of logic.  I'll bet you think it's a gift, too.  

All you're doing now is proving that your brain is addled with a toxic mixture of unchecked TDS and identity politics. Citing Wikipedia as any kind of source -- especially on this topic -- is not an argument a serious person makes. 

Just like a serious person doesn't argue that there is any realistic comparison to the US and South Korea. 

Just like a serious person doesn't argue that there is any worthwhile analysis you can draw by comparing Medieval Europe and Asia to the 21st century global economy. 

... But, as you just proved all morning, you are not a serious person. You're a broken person. 

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Haha (+1) 1