The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

44 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's called trolling you. And he did it beautifully. 

It's not his fault you can't differentiate between a question mark and a period. 

That's on you ;) 

Actually, this makes me wonder. What does he not want the media focused on? Because this is such a chum bucket that it almost has to be intentional. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Actually, this makes me wonder. What does he not want the media focused on? Because this is such a chum bucket that it almost has to be intentional. 

47 minutes ago, shoshin said:

I am not looking for my president to troll America about messing with elections. 

OK don't call it trolling, but it does put pressure on particular states who are intentionally slow rolling the recovery.

It was a shrewd political move.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

How many more are like this? Hundreds? Thousands?

She got a test, it came back negative. Not Covid. 

The belief that she died from Covid-19 came from her husband.  

(Twitter was not consulted in diagnosing her with Covid.)

2 minutes ago, GG said:

OK don't call it trolling, but it does put pressure on particular states who are intentionally slow rolling the recovery.

It was a shrewd political move for the President of the United States to talk about delaying elections.

That's a heckuva thing to applaud, especially since he has zero authority (not that he knows that). 

Edited by shoshin

1 minute ago, GG said:

It was a shrewd political move.

I'm a Trump supporter but that was a stupid thing to tweet, I do agree with him that mail in vote can be ripe for fraud, look at NYS, the primary was a while ago and they're still counting votes

4 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

And this is after you posted a tweet saying Texas reported a backlog.  How many other states have reported a backlog?  

Numbers done lie of course. The reporting of them can be misleading.  And yes what time frame tells the story?  7 day moving average?  14 day moving average?  30 day moving average.  It’s like the stock market. The longer the data points the more accurate the report. 

You asked for the seven day average and that's what it was.  Do your own damn math from now on.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The country will open tout de suite if Trump suggests an election delay, suggests we keep things closed, etc., etc. ?

Internal polling must not be good.

10 minutes ago, shoshin said:

That's a heckuva thing to applaud, especially since he has zero authority (not that he knows that). 

Which is precisely why he did it.  There's a concerted effort to keep the economy down, slow the reopenings.  Couple that with proposals to change the method of voting and you can see why trump is pushing back.   

What do you suggest he do?   You're complaining about a tweet, while the opposition is willing to sacrifice human lives to defeat him in November?  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Wow, strike a nerve?  I'll  not wonder aloud around you ever again.  Nut up Doc.  

It's just odd that you asked for the seven day average to clear things up and then you ask for the 30 day average which makes me think you have no clue what you're talking about.

Just now, GG said:

Which is precisely why he did it.  There's a concerted effort to keep the economy down, slow the reopenings.  Couple that with proposals to change the method of voting and you can see why trump is pushing back.   

What do you suggest he do?   You're complaining about a tweet, while the opposition is willing to sacrifice human lives to defeat him in November?  

It's amazing how many people are more concerned with optics and looks than they are actual policies and action. They keep outting themselves, and most don't even stop to reassess when it's pointed out to them. They'd rather have a corrupt president who does dirty things behind the scenes so long as he's pristine in the public eye and fawned over by the controlled media. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Doc Brown said:

It's just odd that you asked for the seven day average to clear things up and then you ask for the 30 day average which makes me think you have no clue what you're talking about.

When you think a moving day average means anything that shows me you don't know what you're talking about.   

Until you see the death certs with date of death you have no idea when those people died.  All you know is when it was reported.  

The longer the moving average the more accurate your data and interpretation of that data.

3 minutes ago, GG said:

What do you suggest he do?   

As president, I suggest that he not suggest delaying presidential elections. 

Period. 

3 minutes ago, GG said:

You're complaining about a tweet, while the opposition is willing to sacrifice human lives to defeat him in November?  

I can walk and chew gum. We should be nearly wide open on the economy. 

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

When you think a moving day average means anything that shows me you don't know what you're talking about.   

Until you see the death certs with date of death you have no idea when those people died.  All you know is when it was reported.  

The longer the moving average the more accurate your data and interpretation of that data.

Then why'd you ask for the seven day average and not the 5000 day average? 

I assume hospitals are competent enough to report covid deaths within seven days.  So, if you want to know what direction cases and deaths are going the seven day metric is the most effective measure.  It shows deaths are increasing but cases are going down/flattening.  

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He didn't though. He asked a question, purposefully to get you (not you, the media) to write this statement above which is false. 

It's not part of the national dialog until the President of the United States suggests it. 

You admire the president of the United States for being a troll by threatening to delay elections. Others don't. I'll leave it there. 

2 minutes ago, shoshin said:

It's not part of the national dialog until the President of the United States suggests it. 

You admire the president of the United States for being a troll by threatening to delay elections. Others don't. I'll leave it there. 

I didn't say I admire it -- I called it out for what it is. What he's done since he began. 

And you're adding words and meaning to the tweet that weren't there -- which is his point in doing this. It exposes those flaws in people's thinking. He didn't threaten to delay an election, he left not one but three question marks to his statement. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, GG said:

I found the date on this statement from Portland Public Schools to be interesting:

'The state’s largest district on Tuesday announced that none of its students will receive in-person instruction until at least Nov. 5."

3 minutes ago, shoshin said:

He knows that he can't delay elections.  But he's letting the other side know he won't sit idly, while they actively derail the nation.

14 minutes ago, shoshin said:

I can walk and chew gum. We should be nearly wide open on the economy. 

Apparently, the other side doesn't want to walk & chew gum.    So the question remains, what should the president do when the opposition is willing to sacrifice lives?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Our daily reminder that the GOP are in fact - PIGS

Column: In GOP plan, you can't sue your employers for giving you COVID — but they can sue you

If you were looking for evidence that Republicans in Congress have no sympathy for workers facing illness or worse from the coronavirus pandemic, look past the party's proposal to cut unemployment benefits.

Instead, focus on the provision in its coronavirus relief bill that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) calls a must-have in any bill that passes: It's liability protection for employers whose employees get sick at work.

The GOP proposal would erect almost insurmountable obstacles to lawsuits by workers who become infected with the coronavirus at their workplaces.

It would absolve employers of responsibility for taking any but the most minimal steps to make their workplaces safe. It would preempt tough state workplace safety laws (not that there are very many of them).

And while shutting the courthouse door to workers, it would allow employers to sue workers for demanding safer conditions.

24 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

Not just him but George Floyd had 3, count em, 3 funerals while most Americans can't have one

"most americans" weren't choked to death by law enforcement. 

why are you blaming george floyd? it is a funeral homes decision on how many ppl are allowed to attend. you know...privately funded businesses. 

trump has been wanting to open the country for months..but now he wants to delay the election? nope lmao

the federal governments handeling of the virus put us in this mess and now they have to face the consequences 

Edited by Penfield45

10 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

"most americans" weren't choked to death by law enforcement. 

why are you blaming george floyd? it is a funeral homes decision on how many ppl are allowed to attend. you know...privately funded businesses. 

trump has been wanting to open the country for months..but now he wants to delay the election? nope lmao

the federal governments handeling of the virus put us in this mess and now they have to face the consequences 

So because he was black and killed by a rogue cop he's more important then someone's wife, husband, child or grandparents that have died but can't have a funeral? That's bullschiff. This had nothing to do with our president, so why bring him up?

20 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

So because he was black and killed by a rogue cop he's more important then someone's wife, husband, child or grandparents that have died but can't have a funeral? That's bullschiff. This had nothing to do with our president, so why bring him up?

Has to be choked to death by a cop and serve a possible political adgenda to be exact. 

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Can you find a single person without a mask?

Very different image from this:

...more of your typical fraudulent manure.....conveniently left out the man was suffering from Stage IV colon cancer.....doubt a bucket list item could have been to attend a rally before he would eventually pass......but you as a BBMB "legend", my expectations are low.....

South Carolina, Mississippi, Alabama and Oklahoma combined for over 130 deaths yesterday.

These are some of the most red states in the Country and have a combined population of about 16 million people, so each state is pretty spread out.

Our country has 150,000+ deaths in just 5 months and our President doesn't seem to give a crap about the dead, only his reelection prospects.

The state of our country is disgusting.

We're the laughing stock of the world thanks to the guy sitting at the Resolute Desk in the White House.

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...more of your typical fraudulent manure.....conveniently left out the man was suffering from Stage IV colon cancer.....doubt a bucket list item could have been to attend a rally before he would eventually pass......but you as a BBMB "legend", my expectations are low.....

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Our daily reminder that the GOP are in fact - PIGS

Column: In GOP plan, you can't sue your employers for giving you COVID — but they can sue you

Allowing people to sue their "deep pockets" employers when they contract COVID when it's nearly impossible to determine where the virus was contracted would open up the floodgates of litigation.  This will actually save the plaintiffs lots of time and money because they will likely never win seeing you cannot prove where the virus was contracted.  

13 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

South Carolina, Mississippi, Alabama and Oklahoma combined for over 130 deaths yesterday.

These are some of the most red states in the Country and have a combined population of about 16 million people, so each state is pretty spread out.

Our country has 150,000+ deaths in just 5 months and our President doesn't seem to give a crap about the dead, only his reelection prospects.

The state of our country is disgusting.

We're the laughing stock of the world thanks to the guy sitting at the Resolute Desk in the White House.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+do+I+emigrate+from+the+United+States