The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

While a shame, I’m not sure that qualifies as hundreds of families. Something is fishy here! 

True....I’ve read about a couple instances where it has unfortunately decimated families. The fact that there isn’t more (thankfully) makes one wonder about disposition to the virus, genetic or otherwise.

11 minutes ago, Kevbeau said:

True....I’ve read about a couple instances where it has unfortunately decimated families. The fact that there isn’t more (thankfully) makes one wonder about disposition to the virus, genetic or otherwise.

Exactly. But it’s too hard to step back and do science when you’re busy telling people to panic. And it’s really hard when the people in charge are more invested in not being proven to have been wrong than they are invested in saving their own reputations. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Former Obama official gets truth torpedoed while helping float a Democrat narrative about hospital ship Comfort

This tweet so sums up the mental limitation of the left. The purpose of the ship was from the beginning to take NON corona patients to free up space in real hospitals for corona patients and to separate them.

But this is an expert who’s on top of things and wants the government to run our healthcare industry. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GG said:

LA doesn't have nearly the density of huge apartment building complexes.   If you look at how this thing jumped over the Hudson River, Bergen County was the first but is not now the center of the outbreak, which has moved to the very densely packed Newark.

I think mass transit is the key to the spread.  Those systems should have been shut down weeks ago.

• Like (+1) 1

Trump: CDC announcing more steps Americans can take - advising non-medical face covering VOLUNTARY (is being stressed). Cloth or fabric mask. Wash and reuse.  This does not replace social distancing.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

how else to get sheep to go along with draconian measures. never let an opportunity go to waste be it a black swan, false flag, red herring or...

A lot of people here support Netanyahu and he’s doing the same thing.

2 hours ago, GG said:

LA doesn't have nearly the density of huge apartment building complexes.   If you look at how this thing jumped over the Hudson River, Bergen County was the first but is not now the center of the outbreak, which has moved to the very densely packed Newark.

Yes and weather too might be a factor in favor of CA. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

that map is a crock. i can tell you that here in Henrietta, people are moving about.

you understand he has no authority to tell the states what to do. sure, he can 'recommend' they do certain things but he can't tell them they have to shelter in place. 

you guys on the left are so predictable... now you want him to act like a dictator? 

People listen to the idiot, and if he tells them this is a dangerous situation, they will listen. That's not a dictatorship, its leadership, something he doesn't provide very well

Oh, is this true? 

Dire shortages of vital medical equipment in the Strategic National Stockpile that are now hampering the coronavirus response trace back to the budget wars of the Obama years, when congressional Republicans elected on the Tea Party wave forced the White House to accept sweeping cuts to federal spending.
Among the victims of those partisan fights was the effort to keep adequate supplies of masks, ventilators, pharmaceuticals and other medical equipment on hand to respond to a public health crisis. Lawmakers in both parties raised the specter of shortchanging future disaster response even as they voted to approve the cuts.

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

you guys on the left are so predictable... now you want him to act like a dictator? 

Of course they do. Then they can point and scream "SEE WE TOLD YOU HE WAS A FASCIST DICTATOR!!!11eleventyone"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I've been a Dewalt guy for most of the power tools I own. During my time in isolation I have had a lot of them out while working on a tiered deck (and small greenhouse for my wife) that I started last year :)

Most of mine are the same. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Just as a little diversion, thought I'd share my progress on the small greenhouse I've been building for my wife - almost all from salvaged windows and doors. Still a ways to go, but at least I can be outside while isolated.

IMG-2508-2.thumb.jpg.aebdb27fd0e779dc02eead383e455678.jpg

Looks like it can double as a jail cell. Bet it brings back fond romantic memories for Tiberius. 

• Haha (+1) 1