The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

10 minutes ago, shoshin said:

On a separate note, one of my daughter's classmates has it. Prognoses for kids are good but that hits close to home, especially since my kid has asthma and the elevates her risk. Helps put some of the $$ into perspective. (She hasn't been in class with this kid for weeks so she's at no risk from her.)

One of my closest friend's wife is just now recovering from it in SoCal. She picked up on it early about 13 days ago, and locked herself up, got a test, got it returned in a day testing positive, and is about to enter her third day with no fever and reduced coughing. 

I fear we will reach a point where we will all know someone who has/had it, and ultimately we'll all know someone who knows someone who died from it.

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

First, the Mayor of New is not in the military chain of command.  So he asked them, not told them

Second, the US Military domain is not the civilian sector.

Third, the US Military probably does not have a spare 1000 nurses, 150 doctors, and 300 respiratory therapists

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, shoshin said:

They take priority for sure and it will be great when these things are floating around for all of us like toothpicks. 

I take that news as a positive sign it's coming sooner than we might expect. Weeks rather than months. 

But again, I'm an optimist :beer: 

• Like (+1) 2

Here’s what I want to know: If this is so terribly contagious and people are huddled together in their homes, shouldn’t we have by now seen hundreds of examples of entire families being admitted to the Hospital? I’ve not heard of it.

This is all good information, and hopefully paints a better picture to the "focus on the bodies" only crowd.  The collective suffering will grow exponentially if we just sit around as a country.

As karma is a wheel, I fully expect the President of Belarus to get hit with the virus shortly - but I liked his statement: ""It's better to die standing on your feet than to live on your knees,"  Hopefully he just pulls thru and lives to say I told you so.  Like a war, there will be tough decisions ahead, and nobody will be guaranteed 100% safety.  But we have to get going soon.

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Every day?  Because you could test the good Dr Birx today, but she could get it tomorrow and bring it back for tomorrows presser.  Not sure this is a tenable solution.

2 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

Every day?  Because you could test the good Dr Birx today, but she could get it tomorrow and bring it back for tomorrows presser.  Not sure this is a tenable solution.

I suspect (and could be way off) that it's a USSS order combined with Trump's way of advertising the faster testing methods (while reassuring the public). 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I have a hunch the REAL difference between NY and CA is the reliance on mass transit combined with population density. In LA there isn't (really) any mass transportation, while in NYC you can't escape it. 

I think that is why Europe was hit so hard, too. They have fantastic public transportation and high speed trains. And since this thing can live on metal, combined with high density, you have a lot of people sharing germs (viruses).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I have a hunch the REAL difference between NY and CA is the reliance on mass transit combined with population density. In LA there isn't (really) any mass transportation, while in NYC you can't escape it. 

LA doesn't have nearly the density of huge apartment building complexes.   If you look at how this thing jumped over the Hudson River, Bergen County was the first but is not now the center of the outbreak, which has moved to the very densely packed Newark.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, shoshin said:

They take priority for sure and it will be great when these things are floating around for all of us like toothpicks. 

Well, Two at CNN have tested positive............perhaps CNN should skip the briefings.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

bwG7g72d.thumb.jpg.9f6869a5bc95563084fcc58d1b8cae91.jpg

This is states that have not expanded Medicaid. Gees! 

EUr5JkaXsAsq46K.thumb.jpg.2b1c3de239dc324e697c3ea78e63a399.jpg

that map is a crock. i can tell you that here in Henrietta, people are moving about.

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

President Trump has in recent days said he won't tell states what to do. But the expert on infectious diseases sounded a different note Thursday night.

you understand he has no authority to tell the states what to do. sure, he can 'recommend' they do certain things but he can't tell them they have to shelter in place. 

you guys on the left are so predictable... now you want him to act like a dictator? 

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Hell to the NO. 

how else to get sheep to go along with draconian measures. never let an opportunity go to waste be it a black swan, false flag, red herring or...

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

That's where my company sits as well. But most of my business comes from larger companies who sub my company to provide programming services on small/med/large technology installs. Pretty much no one can go to job sites to do the work, so everyone is home waiting for this to pass before they go to a site. I fortunately have one customer who was built for this and has been issuing smaller orders for upcoming projects, and even got his person in AP to set us up with ACH payment so they don't have to write/mail checks.

Guess which of my customers will get full-blown concierge service from us when we're done? :lol:

It's probably not a bad idea for you to get into line for the SBA loans, provided you stick to what is forgivable. The trick, I'm learning, is to start with the bank who handles your business banking. DM me if you need me to push you some data beyond the stuff you see at the SBA site. You can start getting your documentation ready in advance and fill out the app, which is about as simple to fill out as you could hope.

Good you still have a revenue stream!

Thanks for the SBA tip(Shoshin and Buffalo Gal as well.) I hadn't heard of this until now.  I will check with the our bank. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Here’s what I want to know: If this is so terribly contagious and people are huddled together in their homes, shouldn’t we have by now seen hundreds of examples of entire families being admitted to the Hospital? I’ve not heard of it.

South GA had an example around a family funeral. Tragic.