The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 hours ago, TPS said:

What you've posted doesn't prove his statement was false.  They admit they crafted a policy, which indicates they may have to ration care.  He stated they are  passing out forms.  They stated they have not had to implement it at this time.  That does not mean they were not handing out the forms; it means they have not used the policy yet.

It was false. And he deleted it after being destroyed on twitter for pushing false information intentionally to scare people. He’s an asshat and a dishonest messenger. Always has been. Full stop. 

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So anytime Trump gets criticized there absolutely must be an equal problem with a Democrat? How is that honest? 

So no matter what Trump does, just say a Democrat did something like it, too? 

Honestly, you should change your avatar to something that includes a red nose and big floppy feet to match the clownish nature of your posts.

41 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Yesterday watched a youtube video on a emergency front line worker. Said pretty low on ventilator's. Among other things. Trust those people the front line workers. Feel for them.

Unsure if true but if it is this is awful. Lifes over stupid health insurance. Ask question's on that later. But lives without it way more imprtant.

24 minutes ago, GG said:

Looks like the story is true, but many many questions surround it.  Why go to urgent care and not a hospital?

Yep. Virtually every emergency room in the country has a sign saying something to the effect, "We will give you treatment, even if you can't afford to pay for it." Es la Ley!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

It would also be interesting to go back through and determine if the TDS cult ever looked at anything Trump has done since his election that wasn't a civilization ending crisis...

You will find in the economic thread that I've supported him on several issues, and again in the deep state thread on some things.  How about you, ever criticize him?

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Yes it does. 

Having a rational conversation makes people lose credibility! Beautiful! 

It’s not the conversion that is rational or irrational it’s with whom you have conversation with.  You are a very confused person. 

And what’s the matter boy? Afraid respond to me directly?  

1 minute ago, TPS said:

You will find in the economic thread that I've supported him on several issues, and again in the deep state thread on some things.  How about you, ever criticize him?

Yes, you once in a while say something good about Trump's policies but usually there's a "yes, but" involved. 

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

It’s not the conversion that is rational or irrational it’s with whom you have conversation with.  You are a very confused person. 

And what’s the matter boy? Afraid respond to me directly?  

You cafeteria lunch ladies sure are sensitive. :devil:

6 minutes ago, TPS said:

This is why you have a lot of credibility. 

There will always be those posters who will be cheerleaders and partisan but we already know that.  No one turns on Sean Hannity to hear an unbiased perspective.

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Constantly. Which makes very few of us cultish. But you knew that.   

You used to have some credibility with me.  The minute you have a rational conversation with Tibs you lost all semblance of credibility. 

Ha! I've had rational conversations with Tibs on multiple occasions, so only now?  

Btw, saying there is a Trump cult, doesn't mean everyone who supports him here is in the cult, only those who slavishly defend his every comment.  

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Yes, you once in a while say something good about Trump's policies but usually there's a "yes, but" involved. 

Is that an opinion or a fact?  Any data?  

Have you ever said anything negative about him?  Or are you a member? :devil:

19 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

honest question: why do you post every singular story of individuals effected by the coronavirus?  It’s not really helpful or informative. Everyone is aware of what this disease can do and everyone thinks it’s sad and tragic to those it impacts. 

this isn’t Facebook and I don’t think these posts are particularly informative or helpful. 

And I apologize if I’m this is harsh, I don’t mean to be. 

Edited by dubs
  • Like (+1) 2

Trump is all butt hurt about Governor Whitmer, in a state he has to win:

Whitmer, at a press briefing in Michigan this week, made a startling claim. After noting that “we’re still not getting what we need from the federal government,” she sought to illustrate the point with some numbers.

Whitmer recounted that the most recent delivery of masks, gowns, face shields and gloves from the federal government’s national strategic stockpile that was earmarked for a Michigan hospital on the front lines of the coronavirus crisis — in southeast Michigan — was woefully short of what is needed.

“With the exception of the gloves, that allotment is barely enough to cover one shift at that hospital,” Whitmer said. “Not even a whole day’s worth of shifts. One shift.”

Officials in the Michigan governor’s office tell me the situation is quite dire. They believe they need 400,000 new N95 masks a day for at least the next few weeks. Given how few have come in from the federal government, they’ve put out an order through other sources — some international — for millions of masks. Due to delays, they’ve received none of them.

Officials in the governor’s office also tell me they need at least 5,000 ventilators. They asked the federal government for 2,000 ventilators. So far, they say, they’ve received zero, though the request is relatively recent.

Michigan now has the fifth-largest coronavirus outbreak of any state, with nearly 3,000 confirmed cases and over 60 deaths. These numbers could mount dramatically.

By the way, Republicans in Michigan are sounding this alarm, too. In a bipartisan letter from the state’s congressional delegation to Vice President Pence that was reported by the Michigan Advance, lawmakers lamented that recent federal shipments of personal protective equipment are “inadequate.”

“Your assistance and engagement are urgently needed,” read the letter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/03/27/trump-just-raged-michigans-governor-heres-whats-really-behind-it/

14 minutes ago, TPS said:

Is that an opinion or a fact?  Any data?  

Have you ever said anything negative about him?  Or are you a member? :devil:

Yes, I've said negative things about Trump numerous times. I've called him inartful, boorish, a blowhard and a buffoon. Basically, everyone else here who supports his policies and thus his presidency have done the same. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, meazza said:

This is why you have a lot of credibility. 

There will always be those posters who will be cheerleaders and partisan but we already know that.  No one turns on Sean Hannity. to hear an unbiased perspective.

FIFY

6 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

If there was only a way he could make this happen...

He's failing at being the fascist dictator that you hope and fear he is/would be. 

Tragic.

Cuomo just said that what is killing patients with the virus is that  they are on the ventilators for too long of a period of time. Now we all know that was not literally what he meant. Being on the ventilator too long does not cause death. The media will give him a pass on this as well they should. Think of the uproar if Trump had said this.

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

She is sounding more like Greta everyday.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

As he should

I disagree. This is bad Trump. He has a great opportunity to take a higher road than he usually does because more people are watching than ever before. Being openly critical like this from someone on his own party, who is just taking a stand he promised to take when elected, is a bad look. Especially when you have nutbags like AOC going fully unhinged as a backdrop to the adults in the room. I really dislike this part of Trump...at least as it relates to his own party. He can do this to crazies like Schumer and Pelosi all day.

1 hour ago, Gary M said:

That video should be on an endless loop until every person has seen it.

Unfortunately she represents everything the Democrats hate: a, calm, rational, well-spoken woman sharing common sense. 

Especially compared to this batschittcrazy loon. It's more fun to watch on mute, by the way.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I disagree. This is bad Trump. He has a great opportunity to take a higher road than he usually does because more people are watching than ever before. Being openly critical like this from someone on his own party, who is just taking a stand he promised to take when elected, is a bad look. Especially when you have nutbags like AOC going fully unhinged as a backdrop to the adults in the room. I really dislike this part of Trump...at least as it relates to his own party. He can do this to crazies like Schumer and Pelosi all day.

Normally, I would agree (there are a lot of times I think he would be better served to take the high road) - or, I guess a better way to have put it is that this should have been accomplished behind the scenes. However, as much as I dislike some of the provisions in this legislation or even if Massie may be standing on what he promised his constituency, now is not the time to take that stand - that point has passed. As you well know, there are a lot of people out here that are hurting and concerned right now, and they want to see congress do something that looks and feels helpful right now.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This woman is such an embarrassment.  I'll give her credit for one thing though, it takes a lot of sac to continually demonstrate to the entire world how much of a moron one is.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I can't imagine there is much opportunity to practice social distancing aboard an air craft carrier.

I also wonder if perhaps this sort of ship specific information should be classified, so as to not embolden any bad actors to take advantage of US force readiness that may be impacted, if the problem grows.