The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

I will tell you in 24 hours what happened today and put it on a grid and it will let me know if more or less people came down with it

but anyone can do that 

it will have no help at all in determining the course of the next 24 hours, not a shred of help at all

eventually it will peak and wane and nobody has a clue as to that time

rinse and repeat 

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Frankly, I'm glad someone is trying a different approach.   We have devolved into a world not just comprised of lemmings, but lemmings who will angrily attack anyone who doesn't following the 'approved' course of action.

This isn't the last one of these we're going to see, so might be good if we were able to evaluate relative good/bad ideas/outcomes after this episode is over.

LOTS of that here on TSW. See: Coach Tuesday and his "budweiser swilling gun-toting America" diatribe.

Just got an email on two positive tests on people that work in my building. Not surprising...About 5k people on our campus, international F100 company where people travel a lot and large international workforce. We’ve been on work from home since Thursday...till mid-April.

In the "one less thing to worry about department", due to the CoronaVirus, ISIS has banned its followers from carrying out jihad in plague stricken countries. 

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/isis-issues-travel-warning-over-coronavirus-pandemic/

ISIS also suggests that the Faithful should wash their hands frequently and place their hands over their mouths when sneezing. 

Edited by Artful Dodger

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

That's more than triple in four days.

WTF is going on?

Gee, I don't know. Maybe they finally started testing people? What sucks about testing people is that the damn numbers go up. ***** science.

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

:blink:

Awesome. We live 20 miles south of there part of the year. Looking forward to being there in a week or so.

1 hour ago, JetsFan20 said:

I’m not a doctor, but I personally think this is getting blown out of proportion.

Flu season is pretty much over.  

gotta put up with this to the end of March and see what’s what

---------------------------------------

Keep this in mind, should you be on the receiving end of one of these:

For example:

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------

Edited by Hedge
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Hedge said:

Breaking: All bars in NYC will now be serving food.

Same measures have been took in Ohio, Illinois, and parts of PA. What’s the plan from keeping these business from avoiding financial ruin? Commercial real estate in NYC is 10-25K a month. 

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..just a hunch that a vaccine will be developed elsewhere in the world, put into service to stop the spread while the FDA and CDC wrangle over turf war at home........

Not shy about hiding your ignorance huh?

Has everyone noticed how at every turn the president has to make an official ‘declaration‘ just to clear away the piles of regulations that keep the government from getting anything done? The country is just not set up for swift action on anything. Checks and balances, while good intentioned, make it really hard to get anything urgent done.

• Like (+1) 5

I wouldn't be too concerned if I didn't have a 93 ½  year old mother. She recovered from a bout of pneumonia a year ago. I am taking every precaution  when I go shopping. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Wacka said:

I wouldn't be too concerned if I didn't have a 93 ½  year old mother. She recovered from a bout of pneumonia a year ago. I am taking every precaution  when I go shopping. 

I think everyone, young and old should be concerned. Not just for themselves  but for family, friends and even strangers.

PS: not directed at you Wacka?

is it possible to not have been exposed to this taking the subway every workday to work in the financial district of a metropolitan city, every weekday for the last 3 months?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

is it possible to not have been exposed to this taking the subway every workday to work in the financial district of a metropolitan city, every weekday for the last 3 months?

I doubt it is possible. I suspect there are many more cases out there where the symptoms are just not severe enough to warrant concern that they have the COVID-19 virus.