Sign in to follow this  
dbfla10

[Name Only Title] lesean mccoy

3 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Shadys healthy he will be active and play. My 🔥 take

He'll get his single snap, as in the Divisional game.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, nucci said:

why not?

Never liked McCoy did not do anything for Buffalo and he sure is not doing anything for Kansas City Way overrated in my book

6 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Never liked McCoy did not do anything for Buffalo and he sure is not doing anything for Kansas City Way overrated in my book

Like him or don't, saying he did not do anything for Buffalo seems like a hella Bad Take.

#1 rushing attack in the league 2015, 2016.  2016 in particular was a whole lotta Shady.  We ran him until he puked in 2017 with 287 carries.

Never complained, good teammate, played hard to get the win in the Snow Game, rehabbed hard and played hurt in our 2017 playoff game.

Not his fault his production fell off in 2018, no OL.

If we'd had a fraction of the defense under Rex in 2015 & 2016 that we had in 2014, Playoffs right there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Like him or don't, saying he did not do anything for Buffalo seems like a hella Bad Take.

#1 rushing attack in the league 2015, 2016.  2016 in particular was a whole lotta Shady.  We ran him until he puked in 2017 with 287 carries.

Never complained, good teammate, played hard to get the win in the Snow Game, rehabbed hard and played hurt in our 2017 playoff game.

Not his fault his production fell off in 2018, no OL.

If we'd had a fraction of the defense under Rex in 2015 & 2016 that we had in 2014, Playoffs right there.

Td run in the snow game to keep the playoff hopes alive!

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Some guys are the last to know when their time is over 

Too bad McDermott couldn't figure this out with Frank Gore

6 hours ago, Real McNasty said:

How many EX-Bills can get a ring here? 3

Ragland

Watkins

McCoy

?

Lesser known players for the other side

Goodwin (inj)

Jordan Matthews

2 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Uh....didn't he average almost 1500 yards from scrimmage during his first 3 years w/ the Bills?   

As I remember it, he was the only one doing anything for Buffalo during those years.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

really? By some metrics McCoy was the best running back of the last decade. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

really? By some metrics McCoy was the best running back of the last decade. 

You should question those metrics...

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

You should question those metrics...

Nah i rather question the guy claiming he’s overrated simply because he “never really liked the guy.” 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

He put the ball on the rug 3 times in his few carries and one of them cost them a game this year.

He's also lousy in pass pro and doesn't bring any physicality to the position.

At this stage Williams is the far more playable/reliable RB.

I'd like to see him play in the SB though........be a shame for him to get there and not play.

9 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

I really don't want him to get a Super Bowl ring that's why I am rooting for the 49ers. 

SF  34

KC 13

You been drinking too much Hater-ade bro. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

When you have solid alternatives his ball security would really make me nervous. He almost uses the ball and extends it out to help distract defenders. Maybe you could survive that in is prime but it’s not fooling anybody anymore and horrible fundamentals. That’s said, no issues with Shady. Get the ring. I just wouldn’t be rushing to get him a lot of time time with the options KC has.

7 hours ago, BillsfanAZ said:

I was wondering why he didnt play last week or this week. I hope he is active and plays in the Superbowl. My wife is a 49ers fan so I will have a 49ers hat on....it just feels weird. 

Get that Bosa jersey!!!:wub:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

McCoy has 101 carries for 465 yds in KC this year, 4.6 ypc.  So yeah, his 3.2 ypc last year in B'lo were a career low aberration.

Edited it to be less obscure but here ya go:

Gouge(U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard - particularly aviation)  Informal information channel; the grapevine; the straight dope; inside information. Gouge is passed on by the gouge train.

Well played. O-line was garbage last year and we cut a guy that was a good teammate and good to the city.  

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Uh....didn't he average almost 1500 yards from scrimmage during his first 3 years w/ the Bills?   

As I remember it, he was the only one doing anything for Buffalo during those years.

And played injured in the Jax playoff game...but never did anything for this team

Cutting him and keeping Gore was a mistake.  No other way to spin it.  Add it to the list of personnel mistakes McD has made over the years.  No HC or GM is perfect but keeping Gore over McCoy made no sense, nor did it make sense to play Gore over Yeldon.

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Not quite but close.  1400-something.  But he only played 12 games in 2016.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He put the ball on the rug 3 times in his few carries and one of them cost them a game this year.

He's also lousy in pass pro and doesn't bring any physicality to the position.

At this stage Williams is the far more playable/reliable RB.

I'd like to see him play in the SB though........be a shame for him to get there and not play.

i don’t think anyone’s denying that he’s running on empty now. But some people are hopping in this thread claiming that he was always overrated and never did anything. That’s just objectively false. 

And I hope Reid activates him too - Shady can’t be any worse than Darwin Thompson. He’s been horrendous (although he may be good down the road.)

2 hours ago, Nick the Greek said:

You been drinking too much Hater-ade bro. 

absolutely. Imagine rooting for Kyle Shanahan and Nick Bosa over McCoy, Mahomes and Andy Reid. No thanks. KC by 30.

10 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

he played well when he was here and has had a great career.....your book is wrong

• Like (+1) 1

We never should have traded Kiko...he was bad

Image result for mel gibson gif"

In all fairness, why would you not want Shady to win a ring.  For most of his career, he played good in Buffalo.  He seemed to embrace the city and he wrote a classy statement after getting released.  

It’s not like he’s Donte Whiter.  No reason to hope he doesn’t win

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

McCoy has 101 carries for 465 yds in KC this year, 4.6 ypc.  So yeah, his 3.2 ypc last year in B'lo were a career low aberration.

Edited it to be less obscure but here ya go:

Gouge(U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard - particularly aviation)  Informal information channel; the grapevine; the straight dope; inside information. Gouge is passed on by the gouge train.

Smart by Andy to put McCoy on a carry count to maximize production from an aging running back. Still, that is a very low amount of carries. 

18 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Some guys are the last to know when their time is over 

Mr. Brady, paging Mr. Brady.

He actually did play in the divisional round but did not record any statistics. He was sick last week. I'd be shocked if he doesn't get at least a touch or two in the Super Bowl for sentimental reasons. I can just see him asking Reid to let him play in the big game.