Tre NOT shadowing Hopkins

Virgil

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

https://buffalonews.com/2020/01/02/buffalo-bills-houston-texans-tredavious-white-deandre-hopkins/

I think this is beyond stupid, especially if Fuller doesn't play.  There's no reason for him to cover anyone else

What’s stupid is revealing your strategy before the game...unless there is a reason to...

This shouldn’t be a surprise, there was an article a few weeks ago that said they keep Tre on the same side of the field. I do tend to agree with you though, why let the offense dictate the matchups? I assume it allows our defense to communicate better, play faster, and not be out of position on the snap. I would think the trade-off wouldn’t be worth it if Fuller is out and Hopkins abuses Wallace.

13 minutes ago, Virgil said:

https://buffalonews.com/2020/01/02/buffalo-bills-houston-texans-tredavious-white-deandre-hopkins/

I think this is beyond stupid, especially if Fuller doesn't play.  There's no reason for him to cover anyone else

I think he will be covering Hopkins at least 90% of the time, if not more. Yeah I wouldn't read too much into it. If for some odd reason he isn't covering Hopkins for a majority of the game, then yeah I agree that would be pretty silly.

16 minutes ago, Virgil said:

It's not a secret that the Bills play zone most of the time, although at times they Man Up to put more pressure on the QB and play the run.

Tre' has no reason to divulge the Bills defensive plans.

36 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

This shouldn’t be a surprise, there was an article a few weeks ago that said they keep Tre on the same side of the field. I do tend to agree with you though, why let the offense dictate the matchups? I assume it allows our defense to communicate better, play faster, and not be out of position on the snap. I would think the trade-off wouldn’t be worth it if Fuller is out and Hopkins abuses Wallace.

I prefer the Shadow version when there is one receiver way better than the others, but Sherman in Seattle also did half the field and it allowed the rest of the defense to play predictably and consistently and not let the opposing OC manipulate with formation and motion.

I love Tre, but I love our secondary as a whole and think we are more than a shutdown corner. But also what has been stated or implied and what will happen should not be related.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

It's called zone coverage. That's our primary defense. But in certain circumstances Tre White shadows the best receiver.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

i mean - even if this was the strategy (which i doubt) - its not like you're locked into it either 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The biggest news here, IMO, is that White says "Kevin" will be on the other side. That right there tells you they're not expecting Wallace to play.

Or maybe because Kevin has been starting a lot of the games since midseason?

1 hour ago, Sig1Hunter said:

What’s stupid is revealing your strategy before the game...unless there is a reason to...

I don't think this is a ruse.  Tre did the same thing against the Pats and Edelman feasted on them whenever Tre wasn't in coverage