GM Dorsey meeting with Haslam - He's out

Reed83HOF

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

Nooooo, keep both the HC & GM

ya I know they dumped the K sink,

• Haha (+1) 3

I’m not surprised to see Dorsey in jeopardy. He has done an okay job but you need to get the coach. You want him paired with his guy so that they are on the same page. I’d say Caserio and Daboll/McDaniels. They are from Cleveland (except Daboll but he was there) and they are on the same page.

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not surprised to see Dorsey in jeopardy. He has done an okay job but you need to get the coach. You want him paired with his guy so that they are on the same page. I’d say Caserio and Daboll/McDaniels. They are from Cleveland (except Daboll but he was there) and they are on the same page.

I hope no one pilfers our FO (Dan Morgan or Schoen) this year

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I hope no one pilfers our FO (Dan Morgan or Schoen) this year

I would think that they are zeroed in on Caserio. He’s leaving this year. My sister’s best friend is his sister-in-law so she spends a lot of time with them. He feels the Pats kind of screwed him last year. He will go. I don’t see a better option than going home with talent in place and your guy at HC. 

(Although this will be another DePodesta power struggle).

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dorsey’s job should be in question, especially if the new HC wants his own guy. I personally don’t think Dorsey has been a good GM. He’s better fit for a personnel guy, not face of the  FO.

One of the things the Browns had better decide is the order of operations and precedence if they're going to be hiring both a coach and a GM.

You can hire a coach and let him bring his bud as GM - that seems to have worked out OK for McD

You can hire a GM and let him have significant input in the coaching hire

The thing that's a problem is to hire them both and hope it works out OK

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

Just a gut feeling. Dosrsey will be fired and Haslam will turn over the keys to Urban Meyer. Pay him a ***** load of money to stay in Ohio. 

Talk about a gamble of epic proportions.........

if this actually happens.

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This is what happens when you try to build through FA 

Redskins tried that approach when Dan Snyder bought the team and it failed miserably.

Who is worse as an owner, Haslam or Snyder?

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Just now, machine gun kelly said:

I read some of those twitter posts, and one of the guys makes a point that he has collected pretty good talent, just royally screwed the pooch on a coaching hire.  I wouldn’t fire him, but I would make him use one consultant groups for advice about who to consider hiring.

He does collect good talent and sure as hell can identify it, he has a blind eye towards character and hired a 1st year HC who in no way was going to deal with that collection of players. He also traded their best OL and ended up with Wyatt Teller

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I read some of those twitter posts, and one of the guys makes a point that he has collected pretty good talent, just royally screwed the pooch on a coaching hire.  I wouldn’t fire him, but I would make him use one consultant groups for advice about who to consider hiring.

they have one. They ignored him twice. Just listen to DePodesta. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is what happens when you hire Hugh Jackson and Freddie Kitchens. The Pats and Packers are largely built through FA. You can win a bunch of different ways. You can’t win without a coach.

DePodesta deserves this. He is really, really smart, and if he had had more clout previously, the Browns would be in a lot better shape. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is what happens when you hire Hugh Jackson and Freddie Kitchens. The Pats and Packers are largely built through FA. You can win a bunch of different ways. You can’t win without a coach.

The Packers are largely built thru FA?

Just now, dave mcbride said:

DePodesta deserves this. He is really, really smart, and if he had had more clout previously, the Browns would be in a lot better shape. 

yep. Let’s see if they see it through or if the Haslam cannot resist themselves 

4 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Holy crap

just think where we would be if Haslams did not over ruled DePodesta and Hired McD and Beane instead of Hugh Jackson.  

Thank you Jimmy Haslam 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bills6969 said:

I feel like the issue with the Browns this year was just really bad coaching. They had talent just no leadership/direction/discipline from Kitchens.  They should bring in a guy like Mike McCarthy.  I think firing the GM is jumping the gun a bit.

don’t know much about the situation there. The GM is an ego maniac and picked Kitchens because he was his yes man.