YoloinOhio

Browns interview Brian Daboll for HC; have interest in pairing with Bills Asst. GM Joe Schoen

7 hours ago, Steptide said:

I fully expect knox and croft to be better next year also. I think daboll or not next season, we'll see an improved offense 

Last I heard "stickum" is illegal

15 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Follow up question:

IF Daboll goes, who do you want to replace him? Keeping in mind we have a young, raw, project at QB...

I don’t know who I “want” but some available OCs out there are ken whisenhunt, Jay gruden, hue, pat shurmur, Jim Caldwell, Todd Haley. You could also go after a college guy like Joe Brady.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Do you ever talk to other fans about their players?  Dallas fans hate Witten for coming back.  Cardinals fans think their QB is too short.  Packer fans were getting fed up with Rodgers last year.  Bears fans think Trubisky sucks.  on and on. Eagles fans don't like Wentz.  The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.  That's part of it. 

I hope he shined his shoes and wore his best suit.

Spoiler alert:. Bears fans are on to something.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

God no, Freddie is a mess and Baker regressed considerably with him.  

Freddie is a mess of a HC. As OC Baker had one of the most prolific rookie seasons ever. 

5 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Spoiler alert:. Bears fans are on to something.

I don't know. I saw several Bears games this year and it appeared to me Trubisky was far from the problem with their team and the losses.  A lot of dumb mistakes and penalties.  Coaching.  Maybe he didn't do as well as last year, but the teams demise is not only his fault.

If we have a year like them next year look for Josh to get the same treatment.  When you win, QB gets the glory. When you lose, it's the QBs fault.

• Like (+1) 1

Last team with no coach. 

Kevin Stefanski Comeon Down. 

14 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Last I heard "stickum" is illegal

Don't need it anymore. Pretty much incorporated into modern gloves.

I have some and you can hold a football with two fingers at the very tip of the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Last team with no coach. 

Kevin Stefanski Comeon Down. 

I think it will be McDaniels and they will try to pry Nick Caserio away as well. 

Just now, H2o said:

I think it will be McDaniels and they will try to pry Nick Caserio away as well. 

If they truly empowered DePodsta it will be Kevin Stefanski.

If Jimmy and Dee over rule again it will be McDaniels

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

I doubt McDaniels would go there. Right? It's the Browns. When his time comes, he will have a lot of options (be it warranted or not).

Any updates in Cleveland?  HC spots are filling up with names other than DABOLL.

Not sure if that is good or bad.

28 minutes ago, H2o said:

Ziegler is the guy he will bring 

24 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

I doubt McDaniels would go there. Right? It's the Browns. When his time comes, he will have a lot of options (be it warranted or not).

I do think that he would. He’s a NE Ohio guy and would look at it as an opportunity to turn the team around. Will want full control 

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Any updates in Cleveland?  HC spots are filling up with names other than DABOLL.

Not sure if that is good or bad.

From what I’ve read, it sounds like Cleveland was Daboll’s only interview. That should probably tell you something. Looks like they are just kicking every tire.

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

From what I’ve read, it sounds like Cleveland was Daboll’s only interview. That should probably tell you something. Looks like they are just kicking every tire.

Still a potential he could go there as OC with McDaniels and that’s why they are meeting with him 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Still a potential he could go there as OC with McDaniels and that’s why they are meeting with him 

True and I doubt McD is the kind of guy to block a lateral move like that. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is his contract up? because if its not a HC jump bills can block that

Just now, Mrbojanglezs said:

Is his contract up? because if its not a HC jump bills can block that

They can. Will they? 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They can. Will they? 

If Daboll came to me asking to be allowed to go to Cleveland, and I blocked the move knowing that was his desire, I would have to wonder how good the working relationship would be going forward in Buffalo.

For that reason, I think any sensible HC would actually allow the move.

So the real question is: would Daboll prefer a lateral position in Cleveland as opposed to Buffalo?  Would he perceive a brighter future in that organization than in Buffalo?

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They can. Will they? 

Given the development of a very valuable asset - Josh Allen, I would very well think that he would block it for a lateral move.

Plus, why would Daboll do that? I would think he would rather stay and coach for his hometown team then make a lateral move to OC under McDaniels? Why would he want to do that?

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ziegler is the guy he will bring 

I do think that he would. He’s a NE Ohio guy and would look at it as an opportunity to turn the team around. Will want full control 

I didn't know he was a native. Interesting. Inheriting quite the mess though on d and o line and maybe qb (jury is out there).

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

I didn't know he was a native. Interesting. Inheriting quite the mess though on d and o line and maybe qb (jury is out there).

I don’t think the roster is a great fit for him but I could definitely see him ripping it apart and keeping only certain pieces and rebuilding it. That’s just his style. Ultimately I think it’s a good hire 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Ahh this sucks, choice between McDaniel's & Daboll for HC...it ain't gonna be the latter.

As for McDaniel's choice for OC in Daboll, I'mma prayin. 

15 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Ahh this sucks, choice between McDaniel's & Daboll for HC...it ain't gonna be the latter.

As for McDaniel's choice for OC in Daboll, I'mma prayin. 

McDaniel's bailed on Indy

Why would he accept Cleveland? 

6 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

McDaniel's bailed on Indy

Why would he accept Cleveland? 

Ever been at the bar at 2am, when there is only one chick left? She’s fat, and ugly...but she is still a chick, and you are still a dude...

No? Me neither.

• Haha (+1) 1