Browns interview Brian Daboll for HC; have interest in pairing with Bills Asst. GM Joe Schoen

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Follow up question:

IF Daboll goes, who do you want to replace him? Keeping in mind we have a young, raw, project at QB...

Ken Dorsey, He was a former QB and know the nuances of the position. 

Edited by BBills88
  • Like (+1) 1

1st and 10 at the 23 with 30 seconds left in the first half, one timeout.  Run up the middle with Frank Gore.  Worst possible play you can call right there.  Up the middle with Gore.  If Gore doesn't scoring a 23 yard TD, you are guaranteeing yourself to have to use the TO or wasting a down to spike it plus the wasted time.  That is the kind of call that should get guys fired.  Please hire him Cleveland.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, J-GunJoshAllen17 said:

1st and 10 at the 23 with 30 seconds left in the first half, one timeout.  Run up the middle with Frank Gore.  Worst possible play you can call right there.  Up the middle with Gore.  If Gore doesn't scoring a 23 yard TD, you are guaranteeing yourself to have to use the TO or wasting a down to spike it plus the wasted time.  That is the kind of call that should get guys fired.  Please hire him Cleveland.

Allen checked to the run.  Wasn't the play call.

1 minute ago, BBills88 said:

Ken Dorsey

Interesting idea. Im not opposed. Provides continuity for Josh. But I worry about being able to run the entire Offensive game plan.

I've heard the idea of bringing in Pat Shurmur, who was on Reid's Philly staff with McD back in the early-2000s as well. Could be plug-and-play there.

Daboll can be very creative at times but he gets really strange in the red zone...we have an ultimate guy just made for a screen game in Singletary and we never use it! Much less any slants at all so if he stays ok but I think the Bills can upgrade the position easily 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Follow up question:

IF Daboll goes, who do you want to replace him? Keeping in mind we have a young, raw, project at QB...

1) Pat Shurmur

2) Freddie Kitchens

3) Ken Dorsey w/ Derek Anderson as QB Coach

4) Jason Garrett

5) Jay Gruden

That's just people who are available, I suppose. There's a few position coaches we could request to interview that would slot ahead of some on my list.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

1) Pat Shurmur

2) Freddie Kitchens

4) Jason Garrett

5) Jay Gruden

That's just people who are available, I suppose. There's a few position coaches we could request to interview that would slot ahead of some on my list.

I was thinking Garrett would be interesting yesterday.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Follow up question:

Pat Schurmer got the most out of McNabb, Foles (his pro bowl season), and Cousins.  He's an excellent offsensive coordinator but a horrible head coach.  He'd be my choice.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

1) Pat Shurmur

2) Freddie Kitchens

4) Jason Garrett

5) Jay Gruden

No thank you to Kitchens and Gruden.

I've been secretly hoping for Garrett since he got on the hotseat early in the season. But I'm not thrilled by the fact the Cowboys offense (and specifically QBs) have always under-performed or choked while under his leadership.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Pat Schurmer got the most out of McNabb, Foles (his pro bowl season), and Cousins.  He's an excellent offsensive coordinator but a horrible head coach.  He'd be my choice.

Yep, and we know McD LOVES hiring people he worked with in Philly.

23 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I was thinking about this just last night.  

I am not a Daboll hater at all and don't think he's the problem; Allen is the problem.

But if it would help us move on from Allen faster to see that he is the same under a new/different OC, then by all means, sacrifice Daboll to the football gods and get him out of here.

As I said, I am not a Daboll hater, but he is completely replaceable, as is McDermott as a HC.

No harm in letting Daboll go.  

John Clayton has now said twice during his segments with Schopp & Bulldog (for what this is worth) that he expects Daboll to be viewed favorably around the league and get 2 or 3 HC interviews.

Bills fans don't realize how bad Allen is or how poorly he is perceived around the league.  The CW on him is that he is a massive project and that Daboll has worked wonders to get him operating at the level he's at now.

I think he will be viewed as a strong contender for a HC job, even though the majority of the fanbase here thinks he is terrible.

Good luck to him!  Let's hope he gets one of these gigs! 

crusade.thumb.jpg.c9808e579a8ebf37dacd560319507a11.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I was thinking about this just last night.  

I am not a Daboll hater at all and don't think he's the problem; Allen is the problem.

But if it would help us move on from Allen faster to see that he is the same under a new/different OC, then by all means, sacrifice Daboll to the football gods and get him out of here.

As I said, I am not a Daboll hater, but he is completely replaceable, as is McDermott as a HC.

No harm in letting Daboll go.  

John Clayton has now said twice during his segments with Schopp & Bulldog (for what this is worth) that he expects Daboll to be viewed favorably around the league and get 2 or 3 HC interviews.

Bills fans don't realize how bad Allen is or how poorly he is perceived around the league.  The CW on him is that he is a massive project and that Daboll has worked wonders to get him operating at the level he's at now.

I think he will be viewed as a strong contender for a HC job, even though the majority of the fanbase here thinks he is terrible.

Good luck to him!  Let's hope he gets one of these gigs! 

Geezus.  I want to reply, but it would take too long.  This post is one of the worst I have read in a while.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1