NFL Black Monday - Coaching Changes

wppete

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Everyone will be checking the link to see how far Dougie got before using his key buzzword.  ?

15 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...but Pat publicly stated that the Giants were better off now versus when he first arrived.......hmmm....

It’s OK.  I think Shurmur has a chance to be an offensive coordinator again somewhere.

Just now, mannc said:

It’s OK.  I think Shurmur has a chance to be an offensive coordinator again somewhere.

...probably......many of them from coordinator positions try the HC ranks and end up back in coordinator positions.......probably not an easy leap to go from responsibility for 1/3 of the team to the Big Dawg, managing all three parts..........

19 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Crazy realization- only one head coach in the NFC East will be returning... how often does one division see that much turnover?

The Bills, Jets, and Miami have had TONS of coaching turn over int he past 2 decades... why is it surprising?  Rex was fired by the Jets and hired by the Bills in the same year... then Gase was fired by the Fins and hired by the Jests in the same year... 

The real question is how does that happen twice in 1 division that a team fires a guy and a team in the same division jumps to hire him? 

Thank GOD it looks like we got it right and we'll have our GM and HC for the long haul... now I'm just waiting for the Pats to turn over the QB and HC jobs... 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think the Browns finally land Josh McDaniels and give him total control. They have wanted him for a while.

He would be foolish not to take the job and run. As an offensive-minded guy, there’s nothing in NE that McDaniels could be excited about.

Cleveland has some issues but that’s a very appealing gig, IMO.

Also, the Rivera love on this board is weird. He’s not a great coach. I’d expect him to flame out quickly in Washington without a legitimate franchise QB.

Edited by eanyills

1 minute ago, eanyills said:

He would be foolish not to take the job and run. As an offensive-minded guy, there’s nothing in NE that McDaniels could be excited about.

Brady’s decline has shown just how bad of a signal caller he is! McDaniels will fail in his next job unless he gets lucky and gets a Brady,Mahomes type talent bail him out. 

12 minutes ago, eanyills said:

Also, the Rivera love on this board is weird. He’s not a great coach. I’d expect him to flame out quickly in Washington without a legitimate franchise QB.

Coach of the year twice, he won a ring as a HC, and he is 13 games over .500

One could do a helluva lot worse than Ron Rivera.

I don’t know if we want to have multiple threads or not, but here’s the current rumors:

Redskins all in on Rivera.

Browns - McDaniels, Roman 

Giants - Matt Ruhle, McDaniels

Panthers - McDaniels

Edited by Virgil