NFL Black Monday - Coaching Changes

wppete

54 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Cleveland - Kitchens returns; it has only been a year

Jax - Doug is gone, how could he not be after firing the President of Operations.  New guy will want to bring in his own coach and GM.

NYG -  Shurmur is gone, the Mara's have seen enough

Dallas - Garret is gone

Washington - Doesn't matter, Snyder needs to be gone for them to win

Pittsburgh - Tomlin is fired.  He's not the guy for the team after Big Ben; Tomlin is in way over his head right now.

Your kidding with Tomlin right? Not a chance in hell

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

They lost their #1 quarterback, running back, tight end and receiver for stretches. I mean this isn’t even a conversation if their defense wasn’t so good. The D got them the record mostly. But a lot of those guys playing skill positions are barely practice squad worthy. 

Conner, McDonald, and JuJu only missed about 10 games total, but I see your point about the parallels of the defense carrying the offense. I still think their elite O-line and the presence of those guys for most of the year is better than what the Bills had in 2017 though (and yes I know our O-line was pretty good that year, but they weren't perennial all-pros).

Just now, 416BillsFan said:

Flores is super safe next year, this a complete rebuild and he has the players playing hard. Quinn likely won't see November if they get off to a slow start.

I think Miami have finally found themselves a coach. I’m impressed with Flores. They have some nice pieces and a lot of draft picks. They need to find a QB though.  I think Miami and the Bills will be contending in the AFC East for years to come. NE and NYJ will implode. 

• Like (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Wondering what the Bucs will do with Arians and Winston 

Wel, it was reported as you probably know Winston is getting tagged, but I’m not so sure.  The analysts down here think the Glazers do a 180 on him.  Arians and Bowles are completely safe. Licht has history with Arians at Arizona, and both have four year contracts.  The Glazers won’t pull the plug on Mgmt or coaching.

I wish we would give Winston the boot as he hasn’t improved at all in five years.  The fans are so sick of him.  I know there is a lot of sentiment they move up in the draft and find their next QB.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Jax - Doug is gone, how could he not be after firing the President of Operations.  New guy will want to bring in his own coach and GM.

Dallas - Garret is gone

Pittsburgh - Tomlin is fired.  He's not the guy for the team after Big Ben; Tomlin is in way over his head right now.

Tomlin is not getting fired. No way, no how. For the Steelers to even be in contention in week 17 was a damned miracle.

Dallas - Garret is gone

Excellent coach, he would be unemployed maybe a minute. NY Giants would love him.

Dallas - Garret is gone

agree with everything you say exc Tomlin.he is a great coach ..are you nuts?? Pburgh doesnt make stupid moves like that.Thats why they are a great franchise 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, MPT said:

Conner, McDonald, and JuJu only missed about 10 games total, but I see your point about the parallels of the defense carrying the offense. I still think their elite O-line and the presence of those guys for most of the year is better than what the Bills had in 2017 though (and yes I know our O-line was pretty good that year, but they weren't perennial all-pros).

We also had Tyrod, and for all his faults he wasn’t tossing up 50/50 balls all game like duck and he did get us quite a bit of rushing first downs. It’s a bit of a wash. But a similar thing in coaches getting the most from their players 

59 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I’ll go out on a limb and pick Lynn in LA. 
I don’t think it’s cause he’s a bad coach, as an organization they are just in a weird place. 
Rivers is probably done there. Is it smart to actually sign him back up for them? 
Obviously Gordon is probably done there. 
Do they resign Ekeler? Keenan Allen is a little older. Hunter Henry? Worth money or always injured? 
Lynn made one mistake that I know of playing Gordon so much when Ekeler is just light years ahead of him this season. 

It’s a team to watch. And a team that is in a very crucial crossroads. I can see wanting to go in a fresh direction if they’re letting some of those players above walk. I can also see wanting to pair a new coach with a new quarterback. Once again I like Lynn. I don’t think he deserves to be fired. But I think he could be based on where the chargers are at. 

I think it’s possible Lynn in LA bites it so they can let Brady pick his new coach. You know the hot new rumor is that is where Brady wants to play his last 1-2 seasons since they have good WR talent, a good defense and will be rebuilding their QB situation soon. 

Maybe he drags his OC with him?

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Black Monday tomorrow in the NFL. What are your predictions???

Cleveland - Kitchens out for sure?

Jacksonville - St. Doug out?

NYG - Shurmur gone?

Dallas - Garrett fired?

Washington - Are they going to hire Rivera? Prob the smartest thing they can do. 

Who else???? What about the hires? Any surprise new coaches? 

-If Kitchens is not out than its the same with the Brownies...lol....kitchens should be out with OBJ...dorsey etc

-Evil Doug will be looking for a new home (who ever will take him)....he's gonzo...

-NYG......not sure......maybe another season im thinking if a better option presents

-Garrett is gone like Turkey dinner on XMAS

-Washington will upgrade for sure........

1 minute ago, Locomark said:

I think it’s possible Lynn in LA bites it so they can let Brady pick his new coach. You know the hot new rumor is that is where Brady wants to play his last 1-2 seasons since they have good WR talent, a good defense and will be rebuilding their QB situation soon. 

Maybe he drags his OC with him?

a rumor you just started?