NFL Black Monday - Coaching Changes

wppete

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Why?  Have you not noticed the crappy job he has done with the QB situation between Duck Hodges and Mason Rudolph?  Tomlin played both like it is pre season, switching between the two of them.  He could have got the team in the playoffs, but didn't...for two years in a row.

Not many teams make it to the post season when their starting QB on IR.  Hodges and Rudolph aren’t any answers at QB.  Hodges was an UDFA our of Samford...who has a successful season as a coach with him?

Tomlin did a good job this year.  Not only did he lose Big Ben, he lost AB.  

Tomlin was in the conversation of COY just two weeks ago.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Tcali said:

agree with everything you say exc Tomlin.he is a great coach ..are you nuts?? Pburgh doesnt make stupid moves like that.Thats why they are a great franchise 

Yeah agreed, and they’ve only had 3 head coaches in the past 50 years. The Rooneys do not pull the trigger that easily. 

1 hour ago, mannc said:

No way is Flores in the hot seat in MIA.  He did a great job with a team most said was one of the least talented NFL rosters in years.  He’s already accomplished something McDermott has failed at six straight times.

you're right, my bad.  i got the gase failures confused :doh:

Edited by /dev/null

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Not many teams make it to the post season when their starting QB on IR.  Hodges and Rudolph aren’t any answers at QB.  Hodges was an UDFA our of Samford...who has a successful season as a coach with him?

What about last year?  What was Tomlin's excuse last year, he had AB, Big Ben, and JuJu.  I think Tomlin has vastly underperformed with the talent he has had over the years.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

No chance Tomlin is fired. 

This....

But next year might be it, many rumors that the Rooney's and ownership.group is growing very impatient 

2 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

how many Super Bowls they have?  Pretty sure the fans  will be ok.  To win 8 games with Devlin Hodges and Mason Rudolph is not shabby

sound like a steeler fan type of reply....how many super bowls do we have? lol.

Most of those coming in the 70s, and Ben's time winding down, I think tomlin still leaves much to be desired.  That said, that organization wont fire him this year

1 hour ago, Tcali said:

agree with everything you say exc Tomlin.he is a great coach ..are you nuts?? Pburgh doesnt make stupid moves like that.Thats why they are a great franchise 

Nope.  IMO, Tomlin has greatly underperformed with the talent he has had over the seasons.  He's been the coach since 2007 and is starting to get long in the tooth, actually for the past two years.  It's not like Pitt is making an irrational decision by firing Tomlin; sometimes change is good after a long tenure...for both parties.  I personally don't care what Pitt does with Tomlin, it's just my opinion as an outsider who is not a Steeler fan.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He’s got a career .645 winning percentage and been to the playoffs 8 times with a Super Bowl victory.  

And he's been to the Conference Championship once since 2010, where they lost to NE.  I think Tomlin is getting long in the tooth in Pitt, sometimes change is good.  This is one of those times.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Wel, it was reported as you probably know Winston is getting tagged, but I’m not so sure.  The analysts down here think the Glazers do a 180 on him.  Arians and Bowles are completely safe. Licht has history with Arians at Arizona, and both have four year contracts.  The Glazers won’t pull the plug on Mgmt or coaching.

I wish we would give Winston the boot as he hasn’t improved at all in five years.  The fans are so sick of him.  I know there is a lot of sentiment they move up in the draft and find their next QB.

TB needs to part ways with their gm.  He drafted Winston so those two go together  I can't believe they will trot Winston out there again in 2020

6 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

And he's been to the Conference Championship once since 2010, where they lost to NE.  I think Tomlin is getting long in the tooth in Pitt, sometimes change is good.  This is one of those times.  

Who hasn’t lost to NE?  The Patriots since 2010 have been to the Super Bowl 5 times...5.  

15 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Who hasn’t lost to NE?  The Patriots since 2010 have been to the Super Bowl 5 times...5.  

And Pitt hasn't figured out how to beat them.  A team like the Steelers should have a better record than 3-11 since the 2007 season, which is Tomlin's first year as HC.

11 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

And Pitt hasn't figured out how to beat them.  A team like the Steelers should have a better record than 3-11 since the 2007 season, which is Tomlin's first year as HC.

Like I said...who has?  What the Pats have done in the last 10 years is insane.  5 Super Bowls, 8 AFC Championships and 11 division titles in a row.  

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Like I said...who has?  What the Pats have done in the last 10 years is insane.  5 Super Bowls, 8 AFC Championships and 11 division titles in a row.  

Living in Pittsburgh, losing to new England "used to be" the concern/issue.  Over the past few years. it's been the steelers 'playing down' to competition and losing games they have no business losing.  The past 2 years, it has cost them a playoff berth. Injuries hit them hard this year, but they should have won last week and got steamrolled (over 200 yards rushing against) by thr baltimore backups today

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Tomlin did a good job in a tough situation. But really ... sticking with Hodges after the Bills game? When it became obvious to all that he simply wasn't an NFL QB? That's on him.

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Tomlin did a good job in a tough situation. But really ... sticking with Hodges after the Bills game? When it became obvious to all that he simply wasn't an NFL QB? That's on him.

He's kind of handcuffed because Rudolph is equally as bad.  Not as turnover prone but doesn't move the ball at all on offense.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He's kind of handcuffed because Rudolph is equally as bad.  Not as turnover prone but doesn't move the ball at all on offense.

I get that Rudolph wasn't good, but I think Tomlin misses the distinction between "QB with the necessary tools who isn't getting it" (kind of a Paxton Lynch or EJ Manuel type) and "QB who simply doesn't belong in the NFL" -- Rudolph would have given them some chance to win today on a day when throwing the ball in the rain was tough enough for a guy with an NFL arm and impossible for a guy with a Samford arm.

• Like (+1) 2