M. Lombardi - 2 Sources say more than a HC change in CLE

Reed83HOF

They had way too much hype coming into this year. Too many divas and not enough grit shows. I would dump Kitchens and try to deal one of their expensive wideouts. They need some hunger on offense. OBJ should be their trade chip as he could get a player plus a #1 or #2.   Either way they had their chance to step into the gap that will be formed when Ben leaves and Baltimore and likely Cinci, when they draft Burrows, already have better QBs. 

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

OBJ is a cancerous tumor that spreads throughout an organization. I don’t see how the GM/HC survives this mess with.

Come now.  Both he and AB were the answers to the Bills' prayers just a few short months ago.   To some...

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Wonder if Haslam wants more of an emphasis on culture after seeing Buffalo emerge as a 10-win playoff team with a lesser roster than Cleveland. Dorsey is a pure talent guy, no emphasis on culture.

His dysfunctional Browns beat the Bills..........so the Bills probably aren't the benchmark.

I don't think the NFL as a whole is nearly as sold on the Bills program or QB as Bills Mafia is.

The Bills would need to make some serious noise in the playoffs to not be seen as a team that just benefitted immensely from a fantastic schedule that had them at 9 wins before the tough games even started(at which point they lost 2 of the 3 with the win coming against rookie QB Duck Hodges).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

His dysfunctional Browns beat the Bills..........so the Bills probably aren't the benchmark.

I don't think the NFL as a whole is nearly as sold on the Bills program or QB as Bills Mafia is.

The Bills would need to make some serious noise in the playoffs to not be seen as a team that just benefitted immensely from a fantastic schedule that had them at 9 wins before the tough games even started(at which point they lost 2 of the 3 with the win coming against rookie QB Duck Hodges).

What people understand outside of Buffalo is the upward trajectory of the Bills. 9 draft picKs and almost 90 mil in cap in 2020 creates a shiny picture. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Define "the NFL as a whole."

I spend most of my drive time listening to NFL talking heads, including people like Scott Pioli, Pat Kirwan, and even Gil Brandt when he's not lulling me to sleep, and whenever they discuss the Bills, they discuss how Beane and McDermott are building the team properly. From the ground up. With a change in culture. And players who understand and accept the 1/11th role. Kirwan will repeatedly tell you that you should never apologize for your schedule, and reminds everyone that the SB winning Ravens' schedule included playing 7 teams with losing records.

Perhaps it's people who know little about the NFL as a whole who only see the Bills as a team that immensely benefited from a fantastic schedule.

Just a thought.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Until Haslam is no longer the owner, the Browns will continue their own special brand of suckitude.

He’s a bad human being, and I have no problem with bad things happening to his toy. 

35 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Define "the NFL as a whole."

I spend most of my drive time listening to NFL talking heads, including people like Scott Pioli, Pat Kirwan, and even Gil Brandt when he's not lulling me to sleep, and whenever they discuss the Bills, they discuss how Beane and McDermott are building the team properly. From the ground up. With a change in culture. And players who understand and accept the 1/11th role. Kirwan will repeatedly tell you that you should never apologize for your schedule, and reminds everyone that the SB winning Ravens' schedule included playing 7 teams with losing records.

Perhaps it's people who know little about the NFL as a whole who only see the Bills as a team that immensely benefited from a fantastic schedule.

Just a thought.

Don’t sweat it, BADOL is always lurking, waiting for an opportunity to criticize that Beane and McD didn’t do it the way HE wanted them to. 

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Browns also beat Baltimore. What does that prove?

Vegas had the Browns around 10 wins and the Bills at 6.5. The Bills, after years of futility, have had the season the Browns were supposed to have and Haslam has surely noticed it.

Edited by 2020 Our Year For Sure
  • Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

The lack of these types of rumours coming out of OBD is one of the things that most impresses me about Beane-McDermott.  Under. Russ  Brandon and Doug Whaley there were always rumors about who was in the doghouse, who was unhappy, who was fighting with who all the time.  It seems like everybody is on the same page now.

Edited by Billy Claude
Typo
  • Like (+1) 1