As far as I'm concerned there is no game this week period WC is all that matters....

BillsBlue

Picture Friday night lights the movie scene when the tight ends dad duck tapes the ball to his sons hands. That's the treatment I'd be giving John brown, Cole and especially Knox leading up to the wc game. I would have the guys live in the field house, bring a sleeping bag and a flashlight and your favorite stuffed animal. I'd send Daboll over the falls and beg Chan to come draw up packages and game plans from the WC game on(pistol please). No-one would be allowed to go home 

until we can pull off a screen pass like it's second nature and if Allen's footwork or form get loose at all everyone's doing push ups and the same goes for a drop.  These guys need to have laser focus and prepare like they've never prepared before that's how they'll become champs this year or next.  Thanks for reading my rant, over and out ?

Edited by BillsBlue
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, sven233 said:

Sorry...but any injuries in this game really matter.

Does the outcome itself mean much?  No.  But this game matters a lot.

I agree imo I wouldn't play anyone important at all in this game I would carry on with the WC game plan these next 2 weeks and act as if this game against the Jets didn't even exist.....

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

Too much Holiday Cheer?

Perhaps haha just very excited and would really like to see the team play to it's potential on offense. I have had a feeling that we get farther than many think we can, I feel like we called a vanilla gameplan on offense and defense starting with the Ravens when we knew we had the 5th seed locked and have been in effect watching live practice the last 2 games so that we can come out and shock the world in the playoffs and call a game plan that noone sees coming. 

2 minutes ago, BillsBlue said:

I agree imo I wouldn't play anyone important at all in this game I would carry on with the WC game plan these next 2 weeks and act as if this game against the Jets didn't even exist.....

There are not enough players on the team to sit the 22 starters plus ST players. You are not allowed to forfeit. Starters will play, and some will finish. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Augie said:

There are not enough players on the team to sit the 22 starters plus ST players. You are not allowed to forfeit. Starters will play, and some will finish. 

I know I know but id get as close to that as possible or I would only bring the starters out to play in the 3rd Q and that's about it. No qb scampers period....

1 hour ago, BillsBlue said:

Perhaps haha just very excited and would really like to see the team play to it's potential on offense. I have had a feeling that we get farther than many think we can, I feel like we called a vanilla gameplan on offense and defense starting with the Ravens when we knew we had the 5th seed locked and have been in effect watching live practice the last 2 games so that we can come out and shock the world in the playoffs and call a game plan that noone sees coming. 

So what aprox 30 players dont matter?

The more playing time Josh gets, the better. But yeah, I'd probably pull him after the first half. I'd sit some other starters, especially on defense, but I just feel like the offense needs more time to work together.

• Like (+1) 1

11 and 5 would be great as long as we avoid injuries. My biggest concern is a formidable Jets defense with a spiteful Greg Williams at the helm inspiring cheap shots on our offense, especially to Josh Alan. I must admit that I am a little conflicted about what I want to see in this game. We do have a lot of backups that can use the reps going into the playoffs. My fingers are crossed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

every game matters. this is an important game as far as gaining momentum going in to the post season. they need to win.

although it has been said starters may not play the whole game the only way I would sit them is if they had a lead going in to the 2nd half and allow the back ups hopefully finish them off.

this thread isn't near as ridiculous as those threads that will be calling for barkley to start over JA if he has a good 2nd half against the jets.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BillsBlue said:

Something fun but no joke this is how seriously they need to focus and train rn we only get so many opportunities 

Pretty sure the regime that just won us 10 games this year (so far!) knows how they need to focus and train...  ? :beer:

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Reality Check said:

11 and 5 would be great as long as we avoid injuries. My biggest concern is a formidable Jets defense with a spiteful Greg Williams at the helm inspiring cheap shots on our offense, especially to Josh Alan. I must admit that I am a little conflicted about what I want to see in this game. We do have a lot of backups that can use the reps going into the playoffs. My fingers are crossed.

Exactly my thoughts I can't warm up to a grego D that's got nothing to lose having a shot at ruining Josh Allen for the playoffs. I just can't see the bright side of it lol I get it continuity and all but it's GREGO and it's a division game so you know he's gonna tell them to take Allen out and ruin our season and perhaps our next 10 years. 

1 hour ago, Heitz said:

Pretty sure the regime that just won us 10 games this year (so far!) knows how they need to focus and train...  ? :beer:

I sure hope so......

1 hour ago, Jerome007 said:

Well, it's true this game is meaningless, and coming in for the playoffs fresh matters more. Playing backups more is great for them and the team.

My thoughts exactly ?

I'm just glad people have started having fun with this thread ?

It's half serious but I hope you guys get my point(s)

23 hours ago, BillsBlue said:

Picture Friday night lights the movie scene when the tight ends dad duck tapes the ball to his sons hands. That's the treatment I'd be giving John brown, Cole and especially Knox leading up to the wc game. I would have the guys live in the field house, bring a sleeping bag and a flashlight.

A) Can't they at least get a bed; a COT? Something. Sleeping bag seems harsh.

B) What's the flashlight for? 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

A) Can't they at least get a bed; a COT? Something. Sleeping bag seems harsh.

B) What's the flashlight for? 

I guess they can have a yoga mat of their choice for under their sleeping bags and a pillow of their choice each.....

The flashlight is for staying up until 2am and reading the playbook feverishly from front to back and memorizing the 

game plan of course.