Week 17: Jets at Bills

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

For me it depends. Do they go out and run the ball two times and give Allen a quick throw, just so that they keep their week/pre-game routine and stay in rhythm? Or do they play 3 quarters and expose Allen to some hits and run QB draws on 3rd and 15. 

I generally trust McDermott, so we'll see. 

the latter would be gross negligence, so...

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The only hesitation I have with resting our starters is how flat we came out against the Fins after the bye.  Maybe play them a series or two for those that are completely healthy.

Well, if it makes you easier that we're not resting 'em, McDermott has your back

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wow.  Just..... Wow

2 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I think McDermott may have used a simple game plan in the pats game because he expects to see them again, and fully thought a simple plan could get us a win

And on rest vs play our bye week was back in October, I expect us to sit a good amount of players

That's wishful thinking.  Brady simply beat them on the blitz early so they backed off to try and get pressure with four.  It didn't work and they used Murphy too often. .  They also exposed the Bills biggest weakness this year which is stopping the run between the tackles and they stuck with it unlike a lot of other teams (Dallas especially comes to mind).  The Pats success there opened up the play action as the linebackers bit quite a few times at the play fake.   It was just a poor defensive game (for their standards) all the way around from the players to the coaches.  Give credit to the Pats too for their game plan and execution.  Hopefully the Bills D can learn a lot from this game and improve.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He meant Tuesday 

Hoping Nsekhe makes it back for the playoff game. Even if he’s back to splitting time with Ford, I’d feel better about that side of the line. Was hoping he’d be back this week to get a couple reps to get ready to go. Beginning to think he’s not coming back this year, and they haven’t needed the roster spot to this point. 

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Maybe he should have been hunting earlier in the year against the ***** teams they lost to so this game was actually meaningful for them 

Right? What’s up with the hard-*** routine in a meaningless season finale? They can’t even play spoiler. The game has zero meaning. 

maybe save it for next years season opening meltdown. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Would not surprise me to see this G. Williams defense take a shot at a few Bills O players and try to get them injured right before the playoff game. Not one bit

I mean as dirty as he is the ***** he did generally have a purpose for doing it now seems like a lot of risk for not much reward.

Edited by Warcodered

49 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

We should just kneel it every play.  Somebody in the stands needs to hold up high a huge Jets participation award trophy.

22 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Would not surprise me to see this G. Williams defense take a shot at a few Bills O players and try to get them injured right before the playoff game. Not one bit

I don't see anything in his past that would suggest that.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

We should just kneel it every play.  Somebody in the stands needs to hold up high a huge Jets participation award trophy.

I don't see anything in his past that would suggest that.

Lol ok. Well I do.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I mean as dirty as he is the ***** he did generally had a purpose doing it now seems like a lot of risk for not much reward.

Once dirty always dirty. Game 1 of this season with the Anderson crap. I'm just saying I don't trust it and it would not surprise me.

8 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I like what McDermott said about the starters playing in that, THIS TEAM still needs work this year, which tells me in the future they are more likely to rest starters in a similar scenario. I still would sit them, but if coach feels this will help them win in the playoffs then go for it.

I still don't think the starters will play the whole game. I think he pulls a few of them at some point. When he pulls them I have no clue, will be interesting to see though.

Sean has been a great coach this year. The Bill's needed a hard nosed guy to preach physicality and create a culture. That being said, Sean must prove he can get a playoff team deep in the playoffs. This requires identifying weakness and personnel matchups that give us the best chance. An example is forcing Gore to provide zero explosiveness in relief of Motor.  He has stubbornly ignored Yeldon who is a reliable threat in the passing game. Another questionable choice has the receiving group having no production other than Smoke and an up and coming Knox. I understand they have  no confidence In Duke,  but why couldn't they add on or call plays for Foster or McKenzie. Why wouldn't a good DC just take Smoke away? I guess Beane has some responsibility as he sat on his hands at the deadline.