Do we rest the starters next week?

bills6969

After the bye, we were down 14-9 to the Fins going into the 4th quarter and looked pretty sluggish.

I think you have to play non-nicked starters for at least the 1st half. 

I definitely don't want Allen 'resting'.  I want him learning & competing as much as possible, every week.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

McDermott wont rest anyone unless we are blowing them out in the 4th.

Why do so many people say that? In the pre-season, the starters didn't start more than the league average. He's never been in this position so I find it weird people assume what he'll do

7 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Why do so many people say that? In the pre-season, the starters didn't start more than the league average. He's never been in this position so I find it weird people assume what he'll do

Hopefully he saw how the bye week affected us.  For some reason we don't play well rested.  Our best game was the short week vs. Cowboys.

As much as I hate the Patriots the Bills may be better off with yesterday’s loss. The likelihood of the Dolphins beating the Pats next week in Foxborough is remote. The Bills would still end up the five seed. Now the Jet game can be a bit like a buy.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Absolutely

...other than pride, no difference now at 11-5 vs 10-6........rest them for portion and/or all of the game.....many have said McD is the impediment to Daboll play calling......so take away McD's head set, handcuff and duct tape him, so we can unleash (??) Daboll.......let's see what he has or has NOT with no purported leash......sure would define the legitimacy of his resume' showing ANNUAL OC stops (except for Mangini in Cleveland) ...is he the real deal or not?...sure as hell need to know for 2020.....

3 minutes ago, chris heff said:

As much as I hate the Patriots the Bills may be better off with yesterday’s loss. The likelihood of the Dolphins beating the Pats next week in Foxborough is remote. The Bills would still end up the five seed. Now the Jet game can be a bit like a buy.

I really think this went into the game plan. Looked vanilla to me.