Jags fire Tom Coughlin

YoloinOhio

I remember the media gushing over the Tom Coughlin and Marrone hires a few years ago. Said they had it all figured out. Top front office and coaching situation in the league. For a fleeting moment, it looked like they may have something thanks to an ability to buy a defense with a boatload of cap space. Saps.

Edited by TheProcess
  • Like (+1) 1

I hope Coughlin’s Realtor in London doesn’t take this too hard.

Seriously, that seems to be a horrible idea. No one team should have that kind of competitive disadvantage. Just being in their division would suck!  Mexico City would be easier, or some place in Canada that is NOT Toronto.  

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They fired him early. They fired him on Coughlin Time. 

Is that like Rick Pitino in an Italian Restaurant Time? 

• Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Looks like Khan wants to be another Jerry Jones. Statement released says Marrone & GM will report directly to Khan.

ETA: Coughlin should have enough millions banked to not have any worries about anything going forward.

I dont see it that way.  It's going from AFC Championship game to top 10 the next 2 years.  Without massive injuries and a similar roster.  They traded away their best player because of internal issues.  I would argue that Jacksonville is a bigger disappointment than Cleveland. 

In terms of reporting directly to Khan. Basically, on a daily basis are either guys worth keeping.  It states for an interim basis til the end of the season.

Edited by Mat68