Jags fire Tom Coughlin

YoloinOhio

29 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Wow that is some petty money-grubbing BS.  Even worse than fines for rehabbing off site in the off season.

Nothing to do with money - Coughlin is an over-the-top hard ass and it was hurting them in FA etc.  Some media talking heads - forget which ones - were just discussing that 25% of all player grievances in the NFL were against JAX - that's embarrassing as hell.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Pure speculation, but maybe they told Coughlin he had to fire St. Doug and Tom refused?

Well then Khan would have fired Marrone as well, so...no.

26 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I remember the media gushing over the Tom Coughlin and Marrone hires a few years ago. Said they had it all figured out. Top front office and coaching situation in the league. For a fleeting moment, it looked like they may have something thanks to an ability to buy a defense with a boatload of cap space. Saps.

Wait...what?  I'm gonna have to see a link for that...

25 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I've always been a Coughlin fan, but it's time for the Jags to clean house and start over. 

Plus that 25% of all grievances thing is hard to get past.

yeah but 50% of those involved fried baloney sandwiches.

45 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

He's an old RIT guy, and he strikes me as someone who would fit within 'the process', somehow.

..Course, he's older than dirt nowadays....

I disagree...he seems like a total my way or the highway/all explanations are excuses kind of dude.

McD and Beane are all about personal growth, which means continously looking at what happened and understanding why those things happened, which means diving into the explanations.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

The NFLPA just publicly trashed the policies set by Coughlin and told FA’s not to sign there.

That’s why he was fired.

.....and Marrone was a dutiful soldier who stood idly by ?

That don’t sound like the Marrone who quit on Buffalo for greener pasture.

Edited by I am the egg man

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well then Khan would have fired Marrone as well, so...no.

Wait...what?  I'm gonna have to see a link for that...

Come on man, really? People were talking about how bringing Coughlin in would be a stabilizing, guiding force, and that promoting Marrone was the right move. Also, see any blow hard in the media during their one successful year. We all knew it was only a matter of time with Dougie leading the team. Plus, Coughlin’s style grew stale in NY. He’s a real hit with millennials. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, I am the egg man said:

.....and Marrone was a dutiful soldier who stood idly by ?

That don’t sound like the Marrone who quit on Buffalo for greener pasture.

Seeing as every report has uniformly pointed the finger at Coughlin, I would venture to be so bold as to blame Coughlin.

I get it though. Jilted lovers and all that.

38 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I've always been a Coughlin fan, but it's time for the Jags to clean house and start over. 

Plus that 25% of all grievances thing is hard to get past.

I was a fan of Coughlin as a coach but he showed he is not GM material.

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

Come on man, really? People were talking about how bringing Coughlin in would be a stabilizing, guiding force, and that promoting Marrone was the right move. Also, see any blow hard in the media during their one successful year. We all knew it was only a matter of time with Dougie leading the team. Plus, Coughlin’s style grew stale in NY. He’s a real hit with millennials. 

Go back and re-read your quotes I highlighted and send us the links