Jags fire Tom Coughlin

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Wait does this mean that Marron and Dave Caldwell are safe?  Both should go.  Especially Caldwell who seems to hang around 

I would bet both are gone on Black Monday.

1 hour ago, Mr. K said:

Shad Kahn is not pleased.

Isn’t that the guy from jungle book?

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

I disagree...he seems like a total my way or the highway/all explanations are excuses kind of dude.

McD and Beane are all about personal growth, which means continously looking at what happened and understanding why those things happened, which means diving into the explanations.

Rules, schmules....who need'em! LOL  So I guess if you were a warden, you'd be in favor of the inmates running the prison?

56 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Long may they reign. 

Honestly, the top end talent on most of those teams is better than Buffalo.

All of those teams have known, nationally recognized top end talent.

Buffalo plays football like a Greek Phalanx or Roman Legion goes to war.

Everyone knows their role, their assignment. The 'Heroes' are few and far between.

The next man steps up.

I loved the graphic on Sunday Night Football that showed 5 of Buffalo's D-Linemen were first round picks.

Can you name them?

This Buffalo team is like the No Name Defense. It is a unit.

Phillips, Hyde, Poyer, Edmunds and Milano all got snubbed. An argument could be made that Morse, Feliciano and Brown all got snubbed.

They can celebrate Tre White, but I am certain this is another coaching feather in the cap.

An out of town friend asked me what the Buffalo Defense is like because they don't do anything great. How is Buffalo 10-4?

I compared the entire Buffalo team to a Boa Constrictor that sucks the life out of opponents. It slowly, methodically chokes it's opponents out.

After struggling, the offense wakes up and delivers the coup de grace and strikes when least expected.

Buffalo has been the points underdog in their last 4 games. They are 3-1 straight up and against the spread.

Fine. There is no one that oohs and ahhs the general public or the average gambler.

I bought a house last spring, but plenty of my friends made out well on prop bets about the Bills this year.

There is still a lot of meat on that bone my friends.

I ramble on now, but it all starts with coach McDermott.

Better than a lot of coaches out there.

McDermott exceeds expectations with his roster.

The same can not be said in Cleveland, Jacksonville, Houston or the Jets.

And long may that reign CrippleCreek.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Rules, schmules....who need'em! LOL  So I guess if you were a warden, you'd be in favor of the inmates running the prison?

I'd be in favor of rehabilitation instead of throwing someone in solitary if they broke a rule, especially if there was a legitimate explanation for why that rule was broken, or a way to grow from that broken rule in a way that builds trust and connection.

Not saying that is the only way, or even the right way (though I think it is), but am saying one way is the McD and Beane "Process" and the other is not...

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Didn't see that one coming.  I figured Marrone would have gotten the can first.

I’m wondering if Shad Khan actually gives Marrone and Caldwell another year now, without Coughlin, to see if they can do better without him less,I guess in everything. 

Khan seems very very slow to fire people (Caldwell still somehow has a job, and Gus Bradley survived forever). I could see him giving them a chance (not saying that I think they deserve it, just to be clear). 

Edit - now I’m not so sure after reading Shad Khan’s statement...

says Marrone and Caldwell will report to him on an interim basis for the rest of the season. 

Edited by BillsFan4