Jordan Phillips asks you: where's the Offside?

13 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

The TV networks not showing replays of penalties is getting super annoying. Do you think they're trying to "protect" the NFL and its officials?

Yes, the replays during the game baffle me now. They don't seem as frequent or detailed as before imo. It could be because of the tempo of the game in many instances, but I think they should surely revisit things more so than they have been so the people at home can get more pissed off and cuss at the television that much more. :lol::thumbsup:

Great anticipation but I feel like if the camera angle were truly down the line (this one is situated behind the offense) then it may show he was into the neutral zone before the ball had moved. I mean, I can't tell for sure but in any event it was so close I can understand the call. 

(I was in the stadium, right in front of that play and it sure looked off-sides live). 

8 hours ago, Augie said:

I remember Bruce Smith getting a playoff sack vs the Bengals and getting called for a face mask just because it looked like that was the only way that was possible. No. He was just that amazing. 

I remember that that as well

i was soo young but what I really remember is my dad going completely out of his mind yelling that’s his jersey!!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Him and Tasker were talking about it on One Bills Live said something about it being lined up with a good view of the center and finding tells for when he's going to snap it.

Yup! And he said he’s gonna keep doing it. 

He further said that he hasn’t worked nose/1 tech much so he would watch Star and see what he did to get an idea of when the snap is coming. He has the speed to make it matter. 

I don't think it was a penalty. At the time I rewound it on the pvr and played it back in slow mo. He timed it perfectly. But at the same time you are dealing with old man officials who have an obscured view. So he will always get that call. Not as egregious as the phantom facemask call and the questionable hold at the end of the game.

Sick of the Bills getting bad call after bad call go against them. That play, the face mask on Edmunds play, the countless PI against the Stillers that were not called. It's just old and worn out. Call the damn game the right way without the favoritism interjected!

He predicted the snap count, and it’s difficult to tell at game speed. He certainly seemed to react faster than the center, which is why I think the flag got thrown. The key here is going to be the bills sending stills to the league and McD harping on the refs so they understand that our DTs just get off the ball that quickly.... Kyle used to do that a few times a year and the refs stopped penalizing it after it was expected. Same goes for other DTs that had great reaction times and first steps; Sapp, Randle, etc. If Phillips keeps timing these perfectly it will become a “known ability”. 

I assume that the Bills (and probably every team in the league sends film to the league office on every bogus call.  That was a bad call, but I thought the phantom facemask call on Tremaine Edmunds was worse if only because that ended up being half the distance to the goal (10 yards) versus 5 yards for the Offside.

9 hours ago, NC Book said:

How did he time that so perfectly? I'm watching some werewolf movie right now, and his quickness reminds me of this wolf!

He talked about it on One Bills Live. The Steelers hadn't been changing up their snap counts, so he figured he'd give it a try on that play.

11 hours ago, Stenbar said:

They did not show the replay at all on that during the game when it happened. I think everyone just assumed because he was in there so fast it had to be Offside. Everyone was wrong. That was amazing. That should be allowed to be reviewed also. I say review everything until they get it right. Or review nothing.

I think coaches should be able to burn their challenge flags on any call other than unsportsmanlike calls.

Rather than feel insecure leveraging cameras the refs should just treat it as a chance/time out to use a tool at their disposal that can help them get it right.

That goes for that phantom facemask on Edmunds that replays made look so silly.