Russ Salvatore letter to the editor in 2018

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

who's russ salvatore?

Wealthy Buffalo restauranteur. He has an annual party in Miami for the Bills game and, I’m pretty sure he had one this year so kind of bizarre. Some background in this article from a couple years ago -

https://buffalonews.com/2017/04/21/seething-salvatore-says-nfl-schedule-displaces-annual-bills-miami-bash/

• Thank you (+1) 1

Give the guy a break.  He is 86 and long term plans don't play well with those in that age group.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Too old for a boomer :D

For an old man he doesn't have much patience and is not a good bar stool coach. I new from day one McDermott was the right coach simple because of his process.

Young snot will call anyone years older than him boomer.  Russ lived through the Depression and WWII.  He is a good man

Edited by Nitro
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

What is all the Russ Salvatore stuff?  I was unaware that he said anything against the Bills Organization.  This is a shocker. 

For those how don't know him he is a famous Restaurant and Hotel owner.  He owns Russell's on Transit and formerly owed Salvatore's Italian Garden's on Transit.

I have met him several times, used to deal with him a lot back in the 70's.  Never had problem with him in business or socially.  He has always been a generous and kind from what I can tell.  He has also been a staunch supporter of anything Buffalo and a philanthropist as well. 

Oh, and he is too old to be a "Boomer" for those of you that think that matters. 

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 3

FFS, the last person who deserves derision for losing faith in this team is Russ Salvatore. He’s a great, self-made man and we have been fortunate to have him in our community for all these years. From his many philanthropic contributions to his ceaseless Buffalo boosting in the business community, he’s shown time and time again that he puts Buffalo and it’s people first. 

How many other fans have we known to have reached their breaking point over the years? Christ, how many of them come to this forum just to rejoice in that? There has never been a bigger fan of this team and he’s welcome aboard the band wagon any time he wishes to climb back on. 

• Like (+1) 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

What is all the Russ Salvatore stuff?  I was unaware that he said anything against the Bills Organization.  This is a shocker. 

For those how don't know him he is a famous Restaurant and Hotel owner.  He owns Russell's on Transit and formerly owed Salvatore's Italian Garden's on Transit.

I have met him several time, used to deal with him a lot back in the 70's.  Never had problem with him in business or socially.  He has always been a generous and kind from what I can tell.  He has also been a staunch supporter of anything Buffalo and a philanthropist as well. 

Oh, and he is too old to be a "Boomer" for those of you that think that matters. 

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

FFS, the last person who deserves derision for losing faith in this team is Russ Salvatore. He’s a great, self-made man and we have been fortunate to have him in our community for all these years. From his many philanthropic contributions to his ceaseless Buffalo boosting in the business community, he’s shown time and time again that he puts Buffalo and it’s people first. 

How many other fans have we known to have reached their breaking point over the years? Christ, how many of them come to this forum just to rejoice in that? There has never been a bigger fan of this team and he’s welcome aboard the band wagon any time he wishes to climb back on. 

Was about to post the same. He's one of the most generous people in WNY. I've lost count how often he would buy out unsold tickets just to beat the blackout. He gets a pass. He gets dozens of passes.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Was about to post the same. He's one of the most generous people in WNY. I've lost count how often he would buy out unsold tickets just to beat the blackout. He gets a pass. He gets dozens of passes.

Someone should invite the guy to their tailgate in two weeks.  Welcome a long time supporter back to the fold.

• Awesome! (+1) 1