Gems from Peter King

JÂy RÛßeÒ

33 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Me personally I don’t like it. I like being the underdog and not being hyped up. I like the real Bills fans on here, more popular we become the more bandwagon fans jump on and make the rest of us look bad. Nothing sickens me more than Patriot and now Raven and Chief fans bragging how great their team is and you know they weren’t fans during the tougher years. And I like the fact this team plays with a chip on their shoulder that nobody outside of bills mafia believes in them. With that said it surely doesn’t upset me to see the team get some love. 

They are my team and I'm not sharing!  ;)

Lots of room for the bandwagon jumpers ;) 

They usually twist their ankles jumping back off ;) 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I just wanted to post the Sally Field GIF for a while!!!!!??

Missing the sarcasm.......

BTW 47 games & counting for those keeping stats......??

QB's who pass for 300+ typically end up losing.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Fitzy threw for 300 yards against the Bills.  So did Dak.  Want to guess what happened?  Yards don't matter.  Wins do.

Totally agree!  I would rather have a 10-6 / 11-5 team with a QB that hasn't thrown for 300 than a 6-10 team with a QB that has thrown for multiple.  

Only speaking for myself, I feel like the "300 yards" thing comes from a place of comfort.  That is, if we get into a shootout and the defense is being gashed for whatever reason, I don't feel like we have a QB (at least, at this point in his career) that could keep up and win that occasional 38-35 type of game, throwing for 350 yards.  

If the defense keeps playing like it has, Allen is good enough to give them a chance to win every one of those games.  If it doesn't, I do not feel we have the QB, at this stage of his career, that could keep up.  Either way, the Bills have surpassed my expectations as a team this year :)

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

I enjoy being the underdog as much as the next guy, however, we deserve the recognition. There's no such things as quiet double digit wins. We are in the spotlight now because we EARNED IT. Enjoy it.

I just want to give @PaattMaann a little SHOUT! out here for his straight gouge on Jon Feliciano.  Said he would be OK and would play, and he did!

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I mean that's great and all, but King admitted in the preseason that he's not interested in covering the Bills anymore because they lack relevance as an organization (it was in one of his PFT columns in August), and he has barely mentioned them all season.  Now, on the heels of the most exciting moment the franchise and its fans have had in 20 years, his feature story is a sit-down with Mike McCarthy.

I used to like Peter King.  I really miss Dr. Z.  Albert Breer is the best read out there right now.

Peter King is a total hack.  Never could stand his self-righteous (and often wrong as displayed in comment about the Bills) takes.  

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I mean that's great and all, but King admitted in the preseason that he's not interested in covering the Bills anymore because they lack relevance as an organization (it was in one of his PFT columns in August), and he has barely mentioned them all season.  Now, on the heels of the most exciting moment the franchise and its fans have had in 20 years, his feature story is a sit-down with Mike McCarthy.

I used to like Peter King.  I really miss Dr. Z.  Albert Breer is the best read out there right now.

I’m not sure they have topped the NYE playoff in terms of excitement. Sure this team is built

much better and has more likeable players but the way that whole night went down after the lengthy drought...it’s something I will never forget. Second most exiting moment in past two years was the night they drafted Allen. 

40 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Until the Bills do it (though now the high water mark is 200?) consistently.

I posted a thing about this in another thread.

Before the 2018 draft, I wanted to assess where successful NFL QBs had been drafted.  To do that, I first had to define "successful NFL QB" with hard metrics.

W-L is obviously a team stat.  So I messed about with stats until my choices sorted QB pretty much into a list that I felt most people would agree with (there were a few exceptions, which actually later events have shown valid). 

One of those choices was a floor of ~220 ypg passing average over at least 2 year career.

Well.  Fast forward to this year, and that simply isn't working.  We have Mr Lamar Jackson, MVP candidate, with 206 ypg average and Josh Allen right behind him with 205.  Moreover, if we look at the individual games, LJax has 6 games well under 200 yds and 3 more games between 200-220-ish yds.

I think the point my assessment missed is that the QB has to generate ~220 yds total offense, and how he gets it doesn't matter as much, as long as it's there.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Doc said:

QB's who pass for 300+ typically end up losing.

The ones chucking it up all over the place are usually behind or playing a really crappy D ;)

34 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Fitzy threw for 300 yards against the Bills.  So did Dak.  Want to guess what happened?  Yards don't matter.  Wins do.

This team lets you march in between the 20's all day long then makes you settle for FG's

They have taken bend but don't break to new level :)

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Me personally I don’t like it. I like being the underdog and not being hyped up. I like the real Bills fans on here, more popular we become the more bandwagon fans jump on and make the rest of us look bad. Nothing sickens me more than Patriot and now Raven and Chief fans bragging how great their team is and you know they weren’t fans during the tougher years. And I like the fact this team plays with a chip on their shoulder that nobody outside of bills mafia believes in them. With that said it surely doesn’t upset me to see the team get some love. 

I wouldn't worry too much about it, McDermott is going to keep the underdog mentality in them so they keep working. Did you see the locker room speech? "Everyone says we aren't big enough, or fast enough, but they don't know the size of our hearts," something to that effect.

He's going to keep them focused, it doesn't matter how much love they get. 

16 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

The ones chucking it up all over the place are usually behind or playing a really crappy D ;)

This team lets you march in between the 20's all day long then makes you settle for FG's

They have taken bend but don't break to new level :)

They're 3rd in yards per game against...

All defenses give up yards. Saying they let teams march up and down the 20's is not accurate. 

I get how you feel. There are times it feels like they're giving up a buncha yards but are able to clamp down before giving up TD's. 

Edited by elroy16

22 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

I’m not sure they have topped the NYE playoff in terms of excitement. Sure this team is built

much better and has more likeable players but the way that whole night went down after the lengthy drought...it’s something I will never forget. Second most exiting moment in past two years was the night they drafted Allen. 

Many Bills fans will never forget the greatest New Year's Eve in Buffalo Bills history.

For me, this moment is more special. Why, you ask?

1. The Bills got to the playoffs on their own and did not need help in securing it.

2. They made it while there is still time to go in the regular season.

3. The way they have made the playoffs. Going on the road into two traditionally very tough places to play(Dallas & Pittsburgh) and coming away with victories on national television, despite all of what the doubters have said.

I don't know how far the Bills will go, but having watched them play and grow over the season has been amazing. I feel that this team has shown that they can play with any team in the league and win. Yes, it's not always pretty, but what we are witnessing is turning into something that could be very special for all of us.

I am always the eternal optimist, even during the 17 year drought, but I have not been this excited about the Bills in a long time.

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Until the Bills do it (though now the high water mark is 200?) consistently.

What the fudge is the difference if they're winning games? Did you not hear Beane after the game? He said they really don't give too much of a sh*t about all the things people wanna criticize Allen for, all they care about is him leading the team to wins. Garoppolo isn't chucking it around for 300 yards every single game, and before you or anyone mentions that he has two games over 300 yards and one over 400, two of those came against Arizona. I guess I'm not sure why you seem to think a 300 yard passing game correlates with victory. Jameis Winston has ten games with over 300 yards passing, three of which he went over 400 yards... and he'll be sitting on his couch during the playoffs.

I wonder what the off season will bring. Will we get the media treatment like the Browns got last off season? Will we just get the standard Bills treatment about how mediocre we are, playing the weakest schedule everz and how next year will bring us down to earth where we will be lucky to get 4-6 wins.

Edited by Scott7975

I found yesterday to be kind of off-putting with such a long wait before game time and then the game wasn't as enjoyable at night like that.

I prefer it, I think, when the game is the 1pm central focus of the day.

Obviously, if we become consistently good, we will be on SNF more often.  But I kind of like it the old way.

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

As long as we keep winning that number could grow to 47 million for all I care. I’m not embarrassed by it and neither is the team. 

We get it...... Embarrassing nonetheless regardless of what you say.....

Watching the game it seemed that the Bills played the entire game with the goal of scoring 17 points...  I don't like it & concerned that come playoff time or 2020 when they need to score 30 points (as in the Philly/Cle/Balt) game they can't. 

5 games under 200 yards passing.  Sorry want to see more and know they can.       

19 minutes ago, Wagon Circler said:

True but 47 games without 300 yards is a complete embarassment.

Again.  Why does it matter?  I agree that what you stated is true...but it seems irrelevant.  Take this year; 10 wins in 14 games without a 300 yard passing day.  It doesn't seem to matter.  Sure, if we were putting up those numbers while winning it's all gravy.  But it just seems like such a pointless sticking point with so many fans.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Watching the game it seemed that the Bills played the entire game with the goal of scoring 17 points...  I don't like it & concerned that come playoff time or 2020 when they need to score 30 points (as in the Philly/Cle/Balt) game they can't. 

Who’s actually embarrassed by it?

i didn’t like the conservatism in this game either. Specifically the calls on first and goal from the 10. Run run run FG. Also the burning of clock at over 7 mins only up 7. It only takes one defensive mistake like the Hurst play last week to ruin the day. 

I still don’t care about 300 passing yard specifically. 

45 minutes ago, Wagon Circler said:

True but 47 games without 300 yards is a complete embarassment.

Are you for real?

25 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yep.

Style points. Please.....