Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mykidsdad

Where do we find our next playmaker on offense? I'm not seeing a lot of options for the offseason.

Recommended Posts

The draft is going to be stacked @ WR this year, possibly a historic class of them. I'm not worried about this tbh. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not too worried about WR, I think that will be addressed in the draft.  I am concerned about DE/edge.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

AJ has barely played in 2 years and is on the wrong side of 30- there will be much better options. 

This is why he might be a bargain.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I am probably in the minority here, but I do not see the need to spend big $$$ for a free agent WR. We are more than solid with Brown and Beasley, and if Foster returns to and improves on his 2nd half of last season, that's a very good WR core.

 

This takes the pressure off of paying big for a FA and allow us to go after a top WR in a deep draft. I don't know enough details on any of the college guys, but everyone is saying its deep. If that is so, and there aren't many top options in FA, go the draft route.

I want zero part of this. Wait another year for Foster?? Waiting for Zay’s lightbulb was bad enough. 

  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While WR is a big need there is no need to force it in round 1.  We also need OT and Edge. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Skeptical 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

This is why he might be a bargain.  

He was wanting a nice contract extension from Cinci while hurt. IMO it just isn’t worth it at this stage of his career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

While WR is a big need there is no need to force it in round 1.  We also need OT and Edge. 


Buy the Edge much deeper in UFA

 

not sure about OT didn’t look to much 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

He'd be smart to test the free agent market if the Cowboys can't afford to tag him.  Limited FA options at WR's would probably lead to a bidding war for him.  The Bills would pry have to pay at least 20 to 22 million a year for him with 50 million guaranteed and I don't see Beane willing to do that if he wants to keep our defense intact.  I think we target a WR in the 1st or 2nd round.

I hope they don't rely on just the draft to bring in a top WR.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

I hope they don't rely on just the draft to bring in a top WR.

 

 


why? That’s how a majority of teams do it 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

He'd be smart to test the free agent market if the Cowboys can't afford to tag him.  Limited FA options at WR's would probably lead to a bidding war for him.  The Bills would pry have to pay at least 20 to 22 million a year for him with 50 million guaranteed and I don't see Beane willing to do that if he wants to keep our defense intact.  I think we target a WR in the 1st or 2nd round.

This ^^^

Beane, I don’t think is the type to give any player 50 mil guaranteed on top of a yearly salary outside of a QB,  just resigning/ extending the players we should will eat up the vast majority of our cap space, and that would include ridding ourselves of one TE, and one D lineman...I think we all know who those two will be.

 

Go Bills!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Magox said:

Maybe we should trade for Sammy Watkins.   He seems to be tearing it up in KC

 

him being a decoy (on the bench mostly) is what allows that offense to function!!! Just you wait, he's only had guys like McVay and Reid coaching him. They aren't known for being great offensive minds.

Edited by jeremy2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of options in the draft. 

 

I like Justin Jefferson from LSU, Tee Higgins from Clemson and Terry from FSU - WRs that go after the ball with body control and size.  The kind of guys that move the chains and can make contested catches.  The draft isn't full of blazing speed WRs(there are a few), but it is deep with good solid WR prospects.  DaVonte Smith could also be one of those guys who is a solid choice in the 2nd or 3rd round and is pretty good route runner and runner after the catch. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:


why? That’s how a majority of teams do it 

Because they need at least two in my opinion and you are back to square one with a Zay Jones esque rookie performance at the position next year.... it takes time to adjust to the NFL, the Bills are better served with an immediate veteran playmaker considering where the team is at now and where they should be at next year. 

Edited by ScottLaw
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

This ^^^

Beane, I don’t think is the type to give any player 50 mil guaranteed on top of a yearly salary outside of a QB,  just resigning/ extending the players we should will eat up the vast majority of our cap space, and that would include ridding ourselves of one TE, and one D lineman...I think we all know who those two will be.

 

Go Bills!!!

He made an offer for Mack, so he’ll pay for edge players as well if the talent/production is there. I doubt he pays big money for a WR though unless it’s high end homegrown talent. I could see him paying a high number for a 1-2 year contract though as there’s flexibility with Allen on a rookie contract. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I'm not too worried about WR, I think that will be addressed in the draft.  I am concerned about DE/edge.

 

If it were up to me, i'm re-signing Jordan Phillips and Shaq Lawson, cutting Trent Murphy and then drafting an EDGE in the 2nd Round.  Making a run at a pass rushing LB to replace Lorax if he retires.

 

Hughes/Draft Pick

Star/Harry

Oliver/Phillips

Shaq/FA Pass Rushing LB

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

He made an offer for Mack, so he’ll pay for edge players as well if the talent/production is there. I doubt he pays big money for a WR though unless it’s high end homegrown talent. I could see him paying a high number for a 1-2 year contract though as there’s flexibility with Allen on a rookie contract. 

We could do something like that, but it’s a numbers game, how do we resign/ extend the players we should and have that much cash left over? As I was saying to resign/ extend the players we should, our cap space is almost gone.

 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To further expand on the WR's available in this upcoming draft:

 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2864432-ranking-the-top-10-wide-receivers-of-potentially-historic-2020-nfl-draft-class

 

This list also leaves off the likes of:

 

Chase Claypool/ ND / 6'5" 228lbs

Tamorrion Terry / FSU / 6'4" 205lbs

Tyler Johnson / Minnesota / 6'2" 200lbs

Collin Johnson / Texas / 6'4" 220lbs

Bryan Edwards / South Carolina / 6'3" 220lbs

 

There are a bunch of big, fast, and legit NFL caliber prospects @ WR for this upcoming draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should have drafted DK Metcalf put he can't rush the quarterback

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

We could do something like that, but it’s a numbers game, how do we resign/ extend the players we should and have that much cash left over? As I was saying to resign/ extend the players we should, our cap space is almost gone.

 

Go Bills!!!

It’s all about value. A top DE makes Shaq and Murphy expendable. If I had to bet I’d put money on Beane going after a value veteran WR to pair with Brown and a rookie WR, pay for a DE and let Shaq and/ Murphy walk, or sign a pass rushing LBer to replace Alexander when he retires. I have faith. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...