Thanksgiving: Bills at Dallas, 4:30 ET on CBS Pregame Thread

Remember back in ‘91 training camp when Garrett and his brother Judd were in Bills camp ? I recall being at Fredonia and wondering what if any contribution they could make. That seems like such a long time ago lol I feel old. Anyway, go Bills and take it to those Cowboys! 

2 minutes ago, Belgium_Bill said:

Happy Thanksgiving to ye all out there in the US from Belgium, where it is just another working Thursday...

Funny how one’s mood can change in a few days.  Before Sunday’s Broncos game, I thought to myself, win this one, go 8-3 and then on Thursday you can enjoy a stress-free game.  After all, the situation now is most probably win 2 more and you’re in, and of the 5 remaining games the least important one is Dallas since it’s an NFC opponent.  Low and behold, there is obviously a lot more media attention for this Thanksgiving game and watching all of that in recent days, seeing how it is all about the Cowboys and Jerry “J.R.” Jones and the whole “mweh” attitude towards the Bills’ chances, I am now getting so pumped up that I hope we thrash those damned Cowboys.

On a totally unrelated note, this will be a next step in my 30-odd years of fan experience as a Belgian Bills fan, which reads a bit like a history of technology, going like this:

-        Buying a foreign (British) Monday newspaper hoping to find the results

-        Staring at monochrome update texts on my commodore through a crackly ISDN line

-        Listening to Van Miller and John Murphy on Bills radio network through the internet

-        Doing that simultaneously with slightly improved  play-by-play graphics on a PC, with varying levels of delay

-        Play-by-play updates on NFL.com

-        Watching all games live on NFL Gamepass

Now tonight, for the first time ever, I will watch the Bills on a sports channel on my TV with commentary in my mother tongue. Wonder what that’ll give….

Go Bills !

Awesome!

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Belgium_Bill said:

Happy Thanksgiving to ye all out there in the US from Belgium, where it is just another working Thursday...

Funny how one’s mood can change in a few days.  Before Sunday’s Broncos game, I thought to myself, win this one, go 8-3 and then on Thursday you can enjoy a stress-free game.  After all, the situation now is most probably win 2 more and you’re in, and of the 5 remaining games the least important one is Dallas since it’s an NFC opponent.  Low and behold, there is obviously a lot more media attention for this Thanksgiving game and watching all of that in recent days, seeing how it is all about the Cowboys and Jerry “J.R.” Jones and the whole “mweh” attitude towards the Bills’ chances, I am now getting so pumped up that I hope we thrash those damned Cowboys.

On a totally unrelated note, this will be a next step in my 30-odd years of fan experience as a Belgian Bills fan, which reads a bit like a history of technology, going like this:

-        Staring at monochrome update texts on my commodore through a crackly ISDN line

-        Listening to Van Miller and John Murphy on Bills radio network through the internet

-        Doing that simultaneously with slightly improved  play-by-play graphics on a PC, with varying levels of delay

Now tonight, for the first time ever, I will watch the Bills on a sports channel on my TV with commentary in my mother tongue. Wonder what that’ll give….

Go Bills !

Welcome and great story. Perfect avatar, btw.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

I’ve always dreamed of the bills playing on thanksgiving. Now that’s it’s happening I have to pinch myself. What was it like back in the 90’s when the bills were in then Super Bowl every year?

I have a vague memory of the Bills playing the Lions and their qb (Krieg?) Whose first pass was a bomb for td 

42 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Is this our first and only game in a dome this season?!

Depends..........could go to Houston or Indy in the playoffs. Yeah I said it. Gotta Billieve.

20 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

I’ve always dreamed of the bills playing on thanksgiving. Now that’s it’s happening I have to pinch myself. What was it like back in the 90’s when the bills were in then Super Bowl every year?

@teef

Cakewalk *****es!

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Belgium_Bill said:

Go Bills !

Where in Belgium my friend?

We did a soccer tour or two to Beveren near Antwerpen in our teens. Lovely country. 

In your honour I shall be having mayonnaise on my fries (chips) this evening. 

Enjoy the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Where in Belgium my friend?

We did a soccer tour or two to Beveren near Antwerpen in our teens. Lovely country. 

In your honour I shall be having mayonnaise on my fries (chips) this evening. 

Enjoy the game. 

Hey Yorkshire man, I live in Ghent, so not that far at all from where you were on your soccer tour.

Brave call on the mayo, if it is any consolation, I had to go through the same cultural experience in reverse when I lived in the UK for a few years in the nineties, having salt and vinegar on them !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Belgium_Bill said:

Hey Yorkshire man, I live in Ghent, so not that far at all from where you were on your soccer tour.

Brave call on the mayo, if it is any consolation, I had to go through the same cultural experience in reverse when I lived in the UK for a few years in the nineties, having salt and vinegar on them !

I lived in Antwerpen for a few months as a kid, but have British heritage. I literally have malt vinegar, salt and mayo on my chips (fries). You don’t have to trust me, but it’s really good

35 minutes ago, Belgium_Bill said:

Salt and vinegar on fries is life

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ticketssince61 said:

I am worried that the same way the the Eagles and Browns were maligned, desperate, and had their backs against the wall and came out with great intensity, the same thing will happen here.

Best case would have been for Cowboys to beat the Patriots and then come in over confident

My prediction: Cowboys 31 - Bills 16.  (hope I am wrong)

Happy T-giving to all!

I have this concern as well.  Jones calling out his team the week of this game could rally their players.  Dallas usually plays well on Thanksgiving. 

We will find out where we are as a team today.

Regardless of the outcome today, have a happy Thanksgiving to all the readers and posters, and even the mods at Two Bills Drive.

GO Bills!!!!!!  

1 hour ago, ticketssince61 said:

I am worried that the same way the the Eagles and Browns were maligned, desperate, and had their backs against the wall and came out with great intensity, the same thing will happen here.

Best case would have been for Cowboys to beat the Patriots and then come in over confident

My prediction: Cowboys 31 - Bills 16.  (hope I am wrong)

Happy T-giving to all!

This phenomenon is completely over blown in sports, especially football.