Should Teams Playing on Thanksgiving Have a Bye the Sunday Before?

15 hours ago, row_33 said:

just the Bills

would that be alright?

Yes, yes it would...

14 hours ago, ctk232 said:

What was the reason they didn't want to do Friday games? High school football and TV ratings?

It's only a day, but I feel like Friday night games would be a more reasonable short week for the players. TNF is only for the money anyway, so it stands to reason Friday night likely wouldn't yield the same ROI as Thursday. But I honestly can't imagine how much less/more lucrative it'd be on either day.

Yes. It would put them in competition with Friday night high schools games, and that could be a ratings killer in a lot of markets. Might be fine up north, but down south and in Texas HS football is a big deal. Everyone in those small towns goes to the games, especially in rural areas. Some of those stadiums hold 20,000 fans. 

16 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Two things: 

1- what about every other Thursday game?

2- The whole "players were slower and smaller" narrative is so overdone in general (not specifically calling you out). It's more less saying players now take more abuse than Bronco Nagurski and Dick Butkus did in their generation. it just doesn't measure up. 

...EXACTLY..:thumbsup:....how many TNF teams would cry foul if it was only Thanksgiving besides being a probable scheduling nightmare?.....

Thanksgiving is no different than any other Thursday game.  I know it's tough on teams to get ready, but as long as both teams have the same short week challenge, it seems to be reasonably fair.  I think the mini bye after the game is probably appreciated by teams and coaches.