Steelers QB Mason Rudolph fined $50K by NFL

stosh64

Just now, Doc said:

You mean like an indefinite suspension?

It was a brawl with a horrific visual . Without the helmet swing, I would have been okay with zero suspensions. However, Garrett lost his mind. 

But after it devolved, I agree with the indefinite suspension, the reduced suspension of Pouncey and also fining Rudolph for his involvement.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Rudolph started the whole thing. Should have gotten at least a game. If he didn’t react by trying to take Garrett’s helmet off, none of that would have ever happened. 50k is getting off easy IMO...

Don't forget kicking him in the balls too.  I don't believe the racial slur accusation but the other things plus getting into Garrett's face after getting his helmet ripped off definitely deserved at least 1 game.

• Like (+1) 6

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Don't forget kicking him in the balls too.  I don't believe the racial slur accusation but the other things plus getting into Garrett's face after getting his helmet ripped off definitely deserved at least 1 game.

Getting into guys faces hasn’t really been grounds for suspension in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

It was a brawl with a horrific visual . Without the helmet swing, I would have been okay with zero suspensions. However, Garrett lost his mind. 

But after it devolved, I agree with the indefinite suspension, the reduced suspension of Pouncey and also fining Rudolph for his involvement.

can you imagine the dirtiest cheap shots that have been inflicted in NFL history yet Garrett was the first to react with this insane and rabid reaction?

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

can you imagine the dirtiest cheap shots that have been inflicted in NFL history yet Garrett was the first to react with this insane and rabid reaction?

Seriously. Head kicks, eye jabs, etc etc. And some folks think a bad QB “getting in a defender’s face” is suspension worthy. Sometimes I feel like we watch different games.

• Like (+1) 3