Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Edmunds and Milano - our new pass rushers

Recommended Posts

Nice to see some changes. Hope they blitz more on 3rd down like they did today 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need to get more pressure on the QB.  If the front four can't do it then Frazier needs to dial up more blitzs.  Milano and Edmonds are fast and can get the job done.  I hope we see more of this going forward.

  • Like (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huh, who would've thought that utilizing the team's best pass rusher, Edmunds, would improve the pass rush?

 

  • Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McD has to get less conservative on both offense and defense. He did it today on defense. Hopefully he takes notice. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

 

 

Effective today against an over-matched Fins line.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edmunds could be a special rusher. His length lets him get his arms around guys that appear to have beaten him.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

McD has to get less conservative on both offense and defense. He did it today on defense. Hopefully he takes notice. 

Agreed, now what does he do with special teams?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

 

Effective today against an over-matched Fins line.     

You make me sick 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Huh, who would've thought that utilizing the team's best pass rusher, Edmunds, would improve the pass rush?

 

Only everyone that has watch him drop back to cover WR's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the 4th quarter on a 3rd down, I liked how they lined up like they would bring everybody... and they did bring everybody ha ha. I think it was the first time this season. Line stunts worked well too. Why not do some of this every game? The DL ain't dominant enough by itself.

 

Milano had a MONSTER game. Today, Wow.

 

 

Edited by Jerome007
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Nice to see some changes. Hope they blitz more on 3rd down like they did today 

They need to blitz like that the rest of the year. Look how much chaos it caused today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

They need to blitz like that the rest of the year. Look how much chaos it caused today. 


I’m curious how often they brought 5+ rushers, as compared to the previous games thus far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had great seats for the game. Basically 50 yd line at the 300 level. Watched each of those guys and Ed a lot today. Edmunds seems to be at his best when he’s applying pressure. Reading and reacting is not his strong suit. Milano on the other hand is an absolute natural at the position but lacks the measurable. He’s your prototypical NE LBer that you’ve never heard of and turns into Bruschi, Ninkovich, Johnson etc. 

 

As for Ed I love this guy, still feeling his way around but a touh player who never quits on the play. Excited to watch him develop. 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:


I’m curious how often they brought 5+ rushers, as compared to the previous games thus far.

A lot more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just be careful and understand that it leaves huge gaps in coverage.  Parkers stat line thanks you

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

In the 4th quarter on a 3rd down, I liked how they lined up like they would bring everybody... and they did bring everybody ha ha. I think it was the first time this season. Line stunts worked well too. Why not do some of this every game? The DL ain't dominant enough by itself.

 

Milano had a MONSTER game. Today, Wow.

 

 

Milano is a stud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Virgil said:

Just be careful and understand that it leaves huge gaps in coverage.  Parkers stat line thanks you

Absolutely! Love the pressure but it can hurt you too! Brady will make you pay unless it’s done sporadically. And you must win on 1st and 2nd downs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Huh, who would've thought that utilizing the team's best pass rusher, Edmunds, would improve the pass rush?

 

 

 

It will be very interesting to see how they handle the problem with 4 man pass rush this offseason.    With Clowney a near lock to stay in Seattle the pass rusher market looks very sketchy.   Best bets for production for remotely reasonable dollars might be old guys like Quinn and Bennett and some underachieving 3-4 OLB types who don't really evoke the word "process".    Wonder if the Bills target a MLB and finally use Edmunds outside where he can rush more.   Was watching Littleton and Kwiatkowski last night.    Different ends of the cost spectrum but both UFA.  

Edited by BADOLBILZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

 

It will be very interesting to see how they handle the problem with 4 man pass rush this offseason.    With Clowney a near lock to stay in Seattle the pass rusher market looks very sketchy.   Best bets for production for remotely reasonable dollars might be old guys like Quinn and Bennett and some underachieving 3-4 OLB types who don't really evoke the word "process".    Wonder if the Bills target a MLB and finally use Edmunds outside where he can rush more.   Was watching Littleton and Kwiatkowski last night.    Different ends of the cost spectrum but both UFA.  

Although playing on a very good defensive line, Yannick Ngakoue could be a guy they target assuming he makes it to FA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they figured out Trent Murphy is out effective at all & need to get pressure from elsewhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Huh, who would've thought that utilizing the team's best pass rusher, Edmunds, would improve the pass rush?

 

I think that is what some people were saying when he was drafted.  I think he could become a great MLB.  But I know he would be a dominant OLB.  It’s more instinctual position and he is a beast blitzing.  
 

the only downside is a smart qb like Brady would destroy a blitz.  But it was great to see that much pressure. Poor Fitz never had a chance on some plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just stinks that when you rush one of them you lose some of the best cover LBs in the league.  The key is to mix it up and keep the offenses guessing.  Stay out of patterns that can be exposed with these blitzes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...