Quincy Enunwa the latest Jet to put team on blast

YoloinOhio

9 hours ago, DC Tom said:

No, EXACTLY what happened is that he decided not to tell the team until after he no call no showed his job twice in a week, and the team decided not only to fine him, but to embarrass him with a ridiculously unprofessional public spectacle.  

What the hell sort of a (*^*&%^$^#organization publishes employee punishments on a big-screen TV?  I mean...people here think that's okay?  That it's an appropriate management practice?

Praise in public, discipline in private. Seems like a basic tenet of good leadership to me. 

14 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The issue isn’t who is “right” or “wrong”. Osemele might not have been “right” either. It’s that they have players who want to put the team on blast. There is purpose behind that. And that onunwa said teammates told him it was ***** go. Perception is everything. 

I think those are two very different situations. One player is pissed because he sees the fine he got as excessive even though he acted in a way that he knew could lead to said fine.  Whatevs.

The  other guy had his team (the Jest) falsify his medical documents in order to trick him into getting back on the field despite the fact that doing so would jeopardize his health and career.  You can see the pull the NFL has with the media.  That should’ve been a major story. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Quincy is playing on people's emotions here, with the vet wife thing and the injury sad sap story.   It works because you should feel bad for a guy who has had serious neck injuries playing for the team, but the bottom line is he came back to the team, accepted their checks, and knew what was required of him to earn the checks.  He cant no call no show.

On the Gase thing, its pretty obvious he is too stubborn and prideful to see that he shouldnt be doing anything similar to what he did in Miami.  The Jets deserve this garbage for bringing in a losing coach who obviously bought into his own press after Peyton Manning made him look like a genius. If the Johnson's were smart they would fire Gase at the end of the season and go through a huge purge of me first guys from their roster.    

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, NoSaint said:

the flip side that comes to mind is a guy like Gregg Williams publicly (at least publicly in their house) fining guys for a variety of arbitrary offenses he made up outside the CBA (but including being late or missing events) to fund his “bounties” across several teams.

publicly taking money out of a guys pocket for not following the program is not unheard of. Again, not that greggs who I’m looking to for leadership but commenting on whether it’s unusual in this setting

Your post makes no sense..you argue that it's common because greggo did it almost 20 years ago?

Man, Gase is such a friggin' turd. Enunwa should've arranged to have the days off, it's not that difficult. But disciplinary stuff should be taken care of privately. I can't think of any positive reason to put fines up on the board like that, all it does is piss off your players, not that he cares cause he's a colossal schmuck, but still, common sense says to handle that stuff privately. Crazy-eyed doofus.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, blacklabel said:

Man, Gase is such a friggin' turd. Enunwa should've arranged to have the days off, it's not that difficult. But disciplinary stuff should be taken care of privately. I can't think of any positive reason to put fines up on the board like that, all it does is piss off your players, not that he cares cause he's a colossal schmuck, but still, common sense says to handle that stuff privately. Crazy-eyed doofus.

Jets knew this when they hired him.  He did the same thing in MIA and why players started to turn on him at which point h promptly trades said players

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Jets knew this when they hired him.  He did the same thing in MIA and why players started to turn on him at which point h promptly trades said players

Yup. Instead of running a solid program and getting players to buy in that way his philosophy is "buy in or get out." I get that some coaches still have an old school hardass approach but I don't think a lot of players really respond well to that style these days. Jets get everything they deserve with that clown. 

5 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

If it was consistent with team practices than he knew what was going to happen. 

Doesn't excuse the Jets for engaging in such an unprofessional practice.  Enunwa is not the least out of line for being upset at being publicly shamed by such an unprofessional front office.  

13 hours ago, NoSaint said:

I mean, he decided not to tell the team until after he no call no showed his job twice in a week?

He's on IR.   The same as long-term disability or maternity leave for the rest of us.   

How many companies do you know that fine (and embarrass) L-T disability employees for not going to the doctor or calling in every morning to report that they're still alive?

Edited by Lurker
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Some of the people in this thread seem like they'd be terrible bosses (I say this as a boss). 

Re: Gase, we're talking about a guy who dumped Jay Ajayi to the Eagles for speaking out, and in 10 games including three in the post season, Ajayi ran for 584 yards and at 5.3 ypc rate. In three postseason games, he ran for 184 yards at a 4.4 ypc rate (and had 9 carries for 57 yards in the SB). He got hurt the next season, but that's an unpredictable thing. Regardless, he was excellent for a SB-winning team. 

Gase also dumped Jordan Phillips and got rid of Jarvis Landry for not being "Gase culture" guys. Phillips has been excellent for the Bills, and Larvis, while unlikeable, is a great player. 

Gase seems like a Queeg-like automaton when he speaks, and the history of his actions back that assessment up. 

• Like (+1) 3

13 hours ago, Questionable said:

Enough is enough with these players taking to social media crying because they got punished, fined, benched, etc. 

Its beyond ridiculous, and unprofessional. 

This guy takes a 4 day weekend, doesn't show up to work, doesn't call off to tell work he won't be there, then gets mad he's been penalized?   In the real world you'd be fired buddy. 

The league needs to come down hard on these social media posts.  

1st offense - mandatory 4 game suspension without pay. 

2nd offense - mandatory 8 game suspension without pay. 

3rd offense - mandatory 16 game suspension without pay and team rights to terminate players contract without repercussions. 

Enough is enough all ready. 

Fans make me ill to think about. Players lay it on the line every game but the fans basically want the players to play for free and then kiss the owners ass while said owner is overcharging fans and in the Bills case putting an terrible product on the field. 

People who compare players on a football team to being like employees are their crumb ass job is a joke. Get well Quincy

• Like (+1) 1