Bills @ Kap workout???

Cuboirs

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's so bizarre.  What player seeking a serious chance to get back in the league would want to play in front of 6 instead of 24 scouts?

Someone who had his private workout already set up and ready to go? Someone who allegedly had the offensive waiver in his possession since Wednesday and issued no complaint until this afternoon. Someone who makes 50 million $ being a former football player who fuels a victim mentality that has people crawling all over themselves to celebrate his success in a workout that he scheduled, he staffed, and he ran- i.e. a workout that he could have done anytime in the past 3 years. (As I think he has done similar things)

Bottom line, someone who is disingenuous and used the NFL bowing to pressure from Jay-Z who in turn was bowing to pressure from CK’s crowd, as an opportunity to attempt to make the NFL look bad. In some ways I’m sure he’s succeeded, but my suspicion is that people who don’t have a political stake in this, who don’t care about his history and care instead about football, have seen this as another step in the “Colin gets his 15” and see it as an indicator that he isn’t serious about dedicating himself to his craft. 

Thats my take on it at least.

As for CK, I was hoping he’d get a shot. He may still. I was anti-kneeling cause it was stupid and I find his views and motives ridiculous. I didn’t find kneeling during the national anthem disrespectful or horrific, and I found the way our Commander in Chief responded to it to be ridiculous. I did hate the argument that it was his first amendment right to kneel no matter what his employers said, because that’s idiotic and anyone whose had a job knows as much.... all that being said- I was hoping he’d get a shot cause either the NFL would get an exciting player, or the truth about CK’s inability as a QB would be revealed. Either way it’s a win for me as a football fan. Today however has, in my opinion, proven what I’ve always suspected... CK is more than happy being the most famous former football player. He’s happy with his fat sponsorships and his meta-narrative of oppression. The acts that have been presented today do not appear to be those of a man wanting to practice the professional act of football playing, but rather the professional act of acting. 

• Like (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

If (and I’ll keep stressing if) Florio is right and the nfl asked him to sign a waiver that would release the nfl from future claims of collusion against him - and he believed this was a sham... then it’s real easy to walk away from a bunch of random scouts. 

on some level, let’s be real and if these teams had a lick of genuine interest they could’ve seen him any of the last 1,000 or so days unless he’s secretly turning down workouts 

OK, I'll accept that....if he's asked to sign legal documents that were not agreed to and approved by him/his advisors in advance, then yes, that would supercede having more scouts

And on that note, this seems like a good place to add this:

https://sports.theonion.com/colin-kaepernick-s-agents-assure-teams-his-cte-has-prog-1839895933

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Someone who had his private workout already set up and ready to go? Someone who allegedly had the offensive waiver in his possession since Wednesday and issued no complaint until this afternoon. Someone who makes 50 million $ being a former football player who fuels a victim mentality that has people crawling all over themselves to celebrate his success in a workout that he scheduled, he staffed, and he ran- i.e. a workout that he could have done anytime in the past 3 years. (As I think he has done similar things)

Bottom line, someone who is disingenuous and used the NFL bowing to pressure from Jay-Z who in turn was bowing to pressure from CK’s crowd, as an opportunity to attempt to make the NFL look bad. In some ways I’m sure he’s succeeded, but my suspicion is that people who don’t have a political stake in this, who don’t care about his history and care instead about football, have seen this as another step in the “Colin gets his 15” and see it as an indicator that he isn’t serious about dedicating himself to his craft. 

As for CK, I was hoping he’d get a shot. He may still. I was anti-kneeling cause it was stupid and I find his views and motives ridiculous. I didn’t find kneeling during the national anthem disrespectful or horrific, and I found the way our Commander in Chief responded to it to be ridiculous. I did hate the argument that it was his first amendment right to kneel no matter what his employers said, because that’s idiotic and anyone whose had a job knows as much.... all that being said- I was hoping he’d get a shot cause either the NFL would get an exciting player, or the truth about CK’s inability as a QB would be revealed. Either way it’s a win for me as a football fan. Today however has, in my opinion, proven what I’ve always suspected... CK is more than happy being the most famous former football player. He’s happy with his fat sponsorships and his meta-narrative of oppression. The acts that have been presented today do not appear to be those of a man wanting to practice the professional act of football playing, but rather the professional act of acting. 

TL;DR? 

10 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

If (and I’ll keep stressing if) Florio is right and the nfl asked him to sign a waiver that would release the nfl from future claims of collusion against him - and he believed this was a sham... then it’s real easy to walk away from a bunch of random scouts. 

on some level, let’s be real and if these teams had a lick of genuine interest they could’ve seen him any of the last 1,000 or so days unless he’s secretly turning down workouts 

The problem is that a standard waiver (what the NFL says was given to him) would in fact include something regarding there not being a guarantee of employment... now, it it went beyond that is yet to be seen. 

As for the other side, it seems like I read somewhere that teams have had an interest in working him out, but didn’t want to run the PR risk of bringing him in and then not signing him. Supposedly this was supposed to provide platform without creating a microscope. Who knows if that’s accurate or not. 

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

TL;DR? 

*old man yells at sky.

Edited by whatdrought

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

The problem is that a standard waiver (what the NFL says was given to him) would in fact include something regarding there not being a guarantee of employment... now, it it went beyond that is yet to be seen. 

As for the other side, it seems like I read somewhere that teams have had an interest in working him out, but didn’t want to run the PR risk of bringing him in and then not signing him. Supposedly this was supposed to provide platform without creating a microscope. Who knows if that’s accurate or not. 

*old man yells at sky.

no doubt possible- Though I think it’s easy to have a quiet workout with a random scout still. 

honestly, as we seem to have a relatively anti-CK lean at TBD I tend to find myself defending him a bit more here than I do in my day to day chatter on the subject. I like to have both sides show up in the thread though so I’m skewing a little towards telling his narrative 

6 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

And that is the sad part. I have an idea why this started to happen but it’s so pathetic.  What I loved about football is it takes so many guys from different backgrounds to play.  What is great about a lockeroom is guys like CK and Bosa, who have much different views on things, would become brothers.  

What I'm about to write is not meant to be disrespectful. It's meant to be honest. 

Football has a purpose in my life. It's my breather. For a handful of Sundays for a handful of months, I get to watch a sport I've loved since I first learned who Gary Marangi was.

When the games are on, if I'm not with Bills fans, I don't want anyone bugging me. I actually purchased my last two houses because I could do the two things I love to do at the same time; cook and watch football. I love prime time games, and Thursday and Sunday and Monday nights in my kitchen during the football season are some of my favorite times. Family's around. We're snacking and eating and drinking and cooking and having a great time. A genuinely great time.

And the very LAST thing I want infiltrating this time is a divisive subject. I don't need any of the drama beyond what is happening in the game, between the two teams, who's playing well and who's not, and maybe what role the game plays in my football pick 'em pool. I especially don't give a schittstainratsasshair if people with different effin' views can be effin' brothers in some moronic kumbaya moment. 

I don't give one !@#$ what that reason is....Kaep and his media sycophants and the pissants who disagree with them are !@#$ up my breather, and I'd appreciate it if you'd all take this childish schitt to a place I don't need to hear it....anywhere but before, during, and after the broadcast of a football game.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

no doubt possible- Though I think it’s easy to have a quiet workout with a random scout still. 

honestly, as we seem to have a relatively anti-CK lean at TBD I tend to find myself defending him a bit more here than I do in my day to day chatter on the subject. I like to have both sides show up in the thread though so I’m skewing a little towards telling his narrative 

No doubt. Just goes back to juice being worth the squeeze. It’s a big PR thing largely because of CK and because of The Donald. I could realistically see some teams getting stuck in the middle... I mean, I think Mike Tomlin would likely be one of the more liberal coaches in the league from what I understand, and he’s been trotting out a steaming pile of poo whose greatest accomplishment was almost getting murdered on national tv... if CK was worth the drama, I’d think they’d have gone for it. 

I hear ya. I have no problem with your take on it. It’s hard for me to imagine the NFL directly lying about something so easy to disprove as the waiver, but we’ll see if anything comes out of this.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

He doesn't want to play and is enjoying his martyr like status with a portion of the population.  This is just further evidence.

• Like (+1) 1

If you truly want to be heard in life sometimes in certain situations you have to compromise. Kaepernick had agreed to the terms pertaining to this workout initially but instead wanted to create a spectacle and a show. Trying to restructure the narrative at the last minute is his right, and ultimately will be his downfall. He had his opportunity and did not take advantage of it. I hope that this scenario will once and for all put to rest the drama surrounding Colin Kaepernick and his career as a player in the NFL. If you have talent you will have opportunity. What you do with that opportunity is an individual's decision.

• Like (+1) 1

I'll give Kap some credit for milking the situation until the last drop. Extended that 15 mins of fame way past the expiration date.

I never cared about the situation beyond it's meme status. I want to live in Kaps world. I want to go shopping or eat at a restaurant where all the employees have legalize marijuana shirts or carrying pro/anti abortion signs. I don't care what the cause is just make it happen. In fact half the employees can be for and the other half against and I could witnessed people fighting every day. 

Edited by Lfod

4 hours ago, OZBILLS said:

Is he overweight?

He looks significantly heavier than the private workouts he was pumping up last year

Did he lift weights or donuts ?

He looks so out of shape.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

lol what a joke you are.

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No disrespect...but...Man you guys need to get over this Broncos report.  Seriously stop sharing it and saying he’s turning down offers.  That’s about as accurate as something someone would get from Faux News.   

That was when he was first out of SF and looking to start and before he was blackballed.  He was a guy who had recently just led his team to a SB and was looking for a starting opportunity still.  

Yet you people falsely report it like he’s had recent chances and turned them down.  

Elway later admitted that the Broncos never offered Kaep a contract.  Straight up disinformation campaign.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/15/2019 at 12:54 AM, klos63 said:

he turned down a 50% paycut which he would have had to accept before the Broncos would trade for him.

And the Broncos never offered him a contract after he became a free agent.